PDA

View Full Version : This Cheney thing is getting rediculous

Jerk
2/15/2006, 07:27 PM
Okay, yes, it's tragic getting shot, but holy crikey, this was birdshot from a shotgun, and it was an accident. The press is acting like D*ck pulled an AK-47 assault rifle on the guy and emptied the 30 round mag. Get over it already! People get peppered all the time when bird hunting. And he didn't have his 6 dollar stamp? Big f'n deal. Did they expect the VP to go into Wal-Mart with his security entourage to buy one? Accidents happen. With guns, with cars, with motorcycles, with airplanes, parachutes, etc. Can we not move on?

royalfan5
2/15/2006, 07:32 PM
If our Olympic team would step it up, maybe we would have more distrations, although Ben Bernacke's testimoney today was fun.

TopDawg
2/15/2006, 07:43 PM
People who don't like the media spend way too much time watching the news.

When I decided I didn't like Lost anymore, I quit watching.

soonerscuba
2/15/2006, 07:44 PM

Ding! ding! ding! we have a winner. I stopped watching cable news years ago and switched to print and primary source, haven't missed it a drop.

lexsooner
2/15/2006, 08:52 PM
Why so defensive? They could have stopped this faster if Cheney had issued a public statement earlier on, taking full responsibility for the accident, and expressing his regrets. He took four days to do so. Also, the time lag in the the reporting of the incident and the manner in which it was reported, including placing full blame on the victim, made the press smell dirt.

Face it, when the press smells cover up or something which gives off a questionable odor, they go on an all out attacking, feeding frenzy. The White House understands the Beast called the press better than anyone, and should have known how to handle this incident better. To their detriment, they reverted to their natural political instincts - secrecy and deflected blame, so what the heck did you expect?

So what was the result of this mishandling? Well, people tend to assume the very worst about those in power, and they suspect every incident like the shooting is another Chappaquidick. Some guys I know at work, conservative hunter types actually, were speculating Cheney and his party were drunk and they waiting a day before it was reported so the alcohol would leave their systems. One guy was sure the size of the spray which hit the victim proved Cheney was a lot closer than 30 feet, meaning he is more culpable. Funny, one guy who actually is a Kentucky Republican Party player, could not laugh hard enough or tell enough jokes about the incident. Of course he has been disallusioned about the Bush White House in the last few years. . . .

Jerk
2/15/2006, 09:04 PM
Why so defensive? They could have stopped this faster if Cheney had issued a public statement earlier on, taking full responsibility for the accident, and expressing his regrets. He took four days to do so. Also, the time lag in the the reporting of the incident and the manner in which it was reported, including placing full blame on the victim, made the press smell dirt.

Face it, when the press smells cover up or something which gives off a questionable odor, they go on an all out attacking, feeding frenzy. The White House understands the Beast called the press better than anyone, and should have known how to handle this incident better. To their detriment, they reverted to their natural political instincts - secrecy and deflected blame, so what the heck did you expect?

So what was the result of this mishandling? Well, people tend to assume the very worst about those in power, and they suspect every incident like the shooting is another Chappaquidick. Some guys I know at work, conservative hunter types actually, were speculating Cheney and his party were drunk and they waiting a day before it was reported so the alcohol would leave their systems. One guy was sure the size of the spray which hit the victim proved Cheney was a lot closer than 30 feet, meaning he is more culpable. Funny, one guy who actually is a Kentucky Republican Party player, could not laugh hard enough or tell enough jokes about the incident. Of course he has been disallusioned about the Bush White House in the last few years. . . .

I don't know...it just doesn't seem like a Vince Foster kind of deal...more of just a very dumb accident that is very embarrissing, to the democrats' amusement.

OU-HSV
2/15/2006, 09:06 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again...too bad it wasn't Cindy Sheehan..Just sayin!

Ike
2/15/2006, 09:07 PM

its nice to say that, but it really isn't true. this ****storm would be just as big in that case as it is today. it just wouldnt have the 'why did you wait' aspect to it.

proud gonzo
2/15/2006, 09:11 PM
interesting trivia pointed out by my journalism professor this morning:

When Lincoln was shot in Ford's Theater the news was sent by telegraph to papers all over the country. Four hours after it happened, it hit the printing presses in New York.

So in 1865 with a telegraph, people heard about the shooting 4 hours after it happened.
And in 2006 with the internet and all this other technological crap it was 18 hours before anyone knew about the shooting.

just a little interesting perspective...

C&CDean
2/15/2006, 09:35 PM
interesting trivia pointed out by my homosexual, hippy, longhaired, pinko, birkenstock wearing with socks, no account peckerhead journalism professor this morning:

When Lincoln (WHO WAS THE ****ING PREZ) was shot in Ford's Theater the news was sent by telegraph to papers all over the country. Four hours after it happened, it hit the printing presses in New York.

So in 1865 with a telegraph, people heard about the shooting 4 hours after it happened.
And in 2006 with the internet and all this other technilogical (I'd fix the spelling here Mensa girl, but it is fitting) crap it was 18 hours before the pathetic, gay, miserable, muckraking press finally got somebody to tell them something about the shooting.

this would be a little interesting perspective if it actually meant anything - but alas, it doesn't...

fixed.....

proud gonzo
2/15/2006, 09:40 PM
fixed.....

I didn't say it MEANT anything, I just thought it was interesting. yeesh, mr. typo nazi :P

don't get your panties in a wad, but I also think it's INTERESTING the last time a vice president shot somebody was 1804 (Aaron Burr).

C&CDean
2/15/2006, 09:49 PM
I

DON'T

WEAR

PANTIES

proud gonzo
2/15/2006, 10:06 PM
....g-string? :confused:

lexsooner
2/15/2006, 10:08 PM
Okay, yes, it's tragic getting shot, but holy crikey, this was birdshot from a shotgun, and it was an accident. The press is acting like D*ck pulled an AK-47 assault rifle on the guy and emptied the 30 round mag. Get over it already! People get peppered all the time when bird hunting. And he didn't have his 6 dollar stamp? Big f'n deal. Did they expect the VP to go into Wal-Mart with his security entourage to buy one? Accidents happen. With guns, with cars, with motorcycles, with airplanes, parachutes, etc. Can we not move on?

But it could not have happened to a bigger a--hole than Cheney. That's behind at least part of the press and public reaction, almost uncontrolled laughter and mocking from people of all political persuasions.

Okla-homey
2/15/2006, 10:20 PM
When Lincoln was shot in Ford's Theater the news was sent by telegraph to papers all over the country. Four hours after it happened, it hit the printing presses in New York.

yep, and they promptly rounded up the "usual suspects," gave them a hearing and hanged several people who had nothing or very little to do with the assasination -- one of them was even a retard.

They also condemned Dr Mudd (TV newsman Roger Mudd's ancestor) to life in prison for setting John Wilkes Booth's broken leg because they considered that he was aiding and abetting in Booth's get-away -- although the doc had no idea wtf the guy was when he knocked on his door in the middle of the night on his way out of the DC area. BTW, Mudd was later exonerated after spending several years in a federal jug in the Dry Tortugas off Key West (Ft Jefferson).

IOW, the word travelled fast, but was just as messed up by the 19th century media as it would be today. So there.;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/16/2006, 12:42 AM

So what was the result of this mishandling? Well, people tend to assume the very worst about those in power, and they suspect every incident like the shooting is another Chappaquidick. Some guys I know at work, conservative hunter types actually, were speculating Cheney and his party were drunk and they waiting a day before it was reported so the alcohol would leave their systems. One guy was sure the size of the spray which hit the victim proved Cheney was a lot closer than 30 feet, meaning he is more culpable. Funny, one guy who actually is a Kentucky Republican Party player, could not laugh hard enough or tell enough jokes about the incident. Of course he has been disallusioned about the Bush White House in the last few years. . . .The above is what is called "drinking the Kool Aid" or "regurgitating the template" or "towing the Party line". It requires offering anecdotes from "Republicans who are disillusioned about the party or whichever Republican is being raked over the coals".(Bush in this case-as usual) We know you don't like Republicans, and are deeply resentful your gang is out of power. You guys are amusing, predictable and BORING!:eddie:

SanDiegoSoonerGal
2/16/2006, 12:44 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again...too bad it wasn't Cindy Sheehan..Just sayin!

Cheney's Got a Gun (www.bobrivers.com/player/player.asp?ID=611&SPEED=2&atype=tunes)

:D

About one minute through....

2/16/2006, 01:01 AM
its nice to say that, but it really isn't true. this ****storm would be just as big in that case as it is today. it just wouldnt have the 'why did you wait' aspect to it.Exactly!:P

Octavian
2/16/2006, 01:08 AM
Cheney's Got a Gun (www.bobrivers.com/player/player.asp?ID=611&SPEED=2&atype=tunes)

lmao :D

soonerscuba
2/16/2006, 01:42 AM
...and BORING!:eddie:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's take the fun aspects of both parties to an extreme to illustrate a point.

Conservative night out: church, then drinks, then guns, then sex with the wife.

Liberal night out: starbucks, then drinks, then drugs, then sex with a nameless face with little to worry because that universal coverage will cover the clap and the abortion on demand will cover any future ramifications.

Liberals by a hair.

2/16/2006, 01:48 AM
But it could not have happened to a bigger a--hole than Cheney. That's behind at least part of the press and public reaction, almost uncontrolled laughter and mocking from people of all political persuasions.:D With all due respect, I don't believe most people think Mr. Cheney is the a--hole that you believe him to be. Now, if you wanna talk a--holes, you gotta go with Senators Kennedy, Schumer, Reid, Durbin, Rodham, Boxer, KKK Byrd, Biden, etc. They are trying their da*ndest to hamper our troops in Iraq and elsewhere. You OUGHTA be PO'd at those guys. My apologies if you ALREADY ARE PO"d at them.

Jerk
2/16/2006, 04:33 AM
Yep,

"It couldn't have happened to a bigger A-hole than Cheney"

HE WASN'T THE ONE WHO WAS SHOT!

OU-HSV
2/16/2006, 08:26 AM
:D With all due respect, I don't believe most people think Mr. Cheney is the a--hole that you believe him to be. Now, if you wanna talk a--holes, you gotta go with Senators Kennedy, Schumer, Reid, Durbin, Rodham, Boxer, KKK Byrd, Biden, etc. They are trying their da*ndest to hamper our troops in Iraq and elsewhere. You OUGHTA be PO'd at those guys. My apologies if you ALREADY ARE PO"d at them.
Word.

OU-HSV
2/16/2006, 08:28 AM

Wow, that's a good one. spek

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 10:32 AM
The above is what is called "drinking the Kool Aid" or "regurgitating the template" or "towing the Party line".

Kool Aid comes in red as well as blue.

2/16/2006, 02:09 PM
Kool Aid comes in red as well as blue.Does that mean one flavor is equal quality with the other?:eek:

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 02:19 PM
Does that mean one flavor is equal quality with the other?:eek:

I think there is a lot more red Kool Aid being consumed at the current time (both figuratively and literally). I can't stand the red flavor or the blue favor (both figuratively and literally). My favorite flavor is purple (both figuratively and literally), which of course is a mixture of red and blue.

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2006, 02:44 PM
I think there is a lot more red Kool Aid being consumed at the current time (both figuratively and literally). I can't stand the red flavor or the blue favor (both figuratively and literally). My favorite flavor is purple (both figuratively and literally), which of course is a mixture of red and blue.

Stinking moderate. Pick a side!

;)

TUSooner
2/16/2006, 02:49 PM

When I decided I didn't like Lost anymore, I quit watching.
HEAR! HEAR!

Stoop Dawg
2/16/2006, 02:55 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's take the fun aspects of both parties to an extreme to illustrate a point.

Conservative night out: church, then drinks, then guns, then sex with the wife.

Liberal night out: starbucks, then drinks, then drugs, then sex with a nameless face with little to worry because that universal coverage will cover the clap and the abortion on demand will cover any future ramifications.

Liberals by a hair.

You should *SO* work for the DNC!

lexsooner
2/16/2006, 06:46 PM
Yep,

"It couldn't have happened to a bigger A-hole than Cheney"

HE WASN'T THE ONE WHO WAS SHOT!

Ya wanna bet?

skycat
2/16/2006, 06:54 PM
My favorite flavor is purple (both figuratively and literally), which of course is a mixture of red and blue.

I knew there was something I liked about you.

Purple Kool-Aid all around!

;)

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 06:55 PM
Conservative night out: church, then drinks, then guns, then sex* with the wife.

*Missionary position only; Colnel Angus is strictly forbidden in the state of Kansas (hummers are okay)

SouthFortySooner
2/16/2006, 06:55 PM
I will concur with the frequency of this type of ACCIDENT. I've worked in single physician offices for some time and it is quite common. Usually just leave the pellets alone.

lexsooner
2/16/2006, 07:06 PM
All joking aside, I think this event needs to be buried. Cheney was negligent in shooting his friend, the incident was not well-handled, and the press and comedians have had a field day with it. The much more serious political problem for Dick involves the Scooter Libby affair. That is far from over and could eventually bring him down. The press probably should have been focusing more on the Libby affair instead of the face blasting incident.

If Scooter happens to wind up dead by a shotgun blast, well, Houston, we have a serious, serious problem.

2/16/2006, 07:06 PM
I will concur with the frequency of this type of ACCIDENT. I've worked in single physician offices for some time and it is quite common. Usually just leave the pellets alone.:confused: Isn't there a danger of contamination, such as blood poisoning or infection from the pellets?

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 07:07 PM
:confused: Isn't there a danger of contamination, such as blood poisoning or infection from the pellets?

http://www.slate.com/id/2136337/

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 07:08 PM
All joking aside, I think this event needs to be buried.

Just like Cheney's next hunting partner. :eek: :D

C&CDean
2/16/2006, 09:22 PM
All joking aside, I think this event needs to be buried. Cheney was negligent in shooting his friend, the incident was not well-handled, and the press and comedians have had a field day with it. The much more serious political problem for Dick involves the Scooter Libby affair. That is far from over and could eventually bring him down. The press probably should have been focusing more on the Libby affair instead of the face blasting incident.

If Scooter happens to wind up dead by a shotgun blast, well, Houston, we have a serious, serious problem.

Dude,

Mother nature will eventually bring him down with that ticker of his.

He has zero aspirations to run for higher office, doesn't give a **** what the media/liberals/anybody else thinks, and thumbs his nose in the face of the mongoloid retards that salivate for his head.

All in all, my kinda guy.

Octavian
2/16/2006, 09:41 PM
Mother nature will eventually bring him down with that ticker of his...He has zero aspirations to run for higher office, doesn't give a **** what the media/liberals/anybody else thinks...

agreed. But that doesnt change Lewis Libby's charge that superiors in the VP's Office ordered him to expose a CIA agent in hopes of discrediting a claim which countered the Administration's WMD argument.

lexsooner
2/16/2006, 10:00 PM
Dude,

He has zero aspirations to run for higher office, doesn't give a **** what the media/liberals/anybody else thinks, and thumbs his nose in the face of the mongoloid retards that salivate for his head.

I mean he may get sacked before his VP term ends, and Condi Rice becomes VP. Yeah, there is nothing phony about him. What you see is what you get. I stand by my sentiments that he is a dislikeable a--hole with highly questionable ethics, but that does not mean I don't think he is an exceptionally bright, talented individual who is in his last go-around in politics and is trying to push his agendas to the max while he still can. I know some liberals who grudgingly admire him because of his tenacious, take no prisoners manner.

He has led a major shift in U.S. foreign policy and the role of the Oval Office in American politics which will be his lasting legacy. Whether you agree or disagree with these philosophies, he has probably had the greatest influence on national policy as any VP in history. You could argue in fact that W is Dick's kinder and gentler figure head. It is impossible to imagine W having this kind of vision and ability to steer American policy like Cheney has. Dick is hands down more bright and talented than W.

Dick is not electable as a Prez candidate, though, so that is not an option whether he wants it or not. He comes off as too mean and disagreeable with a scowl which turns off a lot of folks. We know how important it is for voters to feel commonality with their candidate, as W demonstrated. That's not to mention his bum ticker which is more than a minor concern if you are voting for a President who will be around for four years.

C&CDean
2/16/2006, 10:02 PM
agreed. But that doesnt change Lewis Libby's charge that superiors in the VP's Office ordered him to expose a CIA agent in hopes of discrediting a claim which countered the Administration's WMD argument.

Which doesn't change the charge that I couldn't give a flying ****.

Besides, you know as well as I do that Saddam had WMD at one point. Denying it is like saying "Eddie Sutton never fell off the wagon."

lexsooner
2/16/2006, 10:11 PM

Besides, you know as well as I do that Saddam had WMD at one point. Denying it is like saying "Eddie Sutton never fell off the wagon."

You are ok with a VP who exposes CIA agents for political reasons????? You are kidding, right? If so, are you saying this is ok for any administration to do, whether Bush or Clinton?

What WMD? Scud missles dipped with Iraqi body odor?

Octavian
2/16/2006, 10:16 PM

dont blame ya....the other side only wishes they had a guy as politically savvy...

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5760/burns8bc.th.png (http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=burns8bc.png)

truth be told, there's many on the left (not sayin you're one of em) that have an envious admiration for Cheney....

why ya gotta pick on poor eddie like that? ;)

C&CDean
2/16/2006, 10:24 PM
You are ok with a VP who exposes CIA agents for political reasons????? You are kidding, right? If so, are you saying this is ok for any administration to do, whether Bush or Clinton?

What WMD? Scud missles dipped with Iraqi body odor?

OK with it? I don't give a **** about it. Capice? Everybody who lives in that house on Pennsylvania Ave. is a lying, cheating, no account son of a bitch. If they weren't, they wouldn't live there. Same goes for the #2 guy. Aspiring to the highest echelon in politics is like aspiring to be a mob boss. Lofty goal, to be sure, but crooked as a whore's dream. TO THE CORE.

And what pukes me out most is all you people who wring your hands in glee every time they find a perceived chink in the armor of the "other" side.

For a low-down scumbucket, Cheney is alright by me. In fact, I find him much less offensive than probably 95%+ of the politicians I've seen in my day.

proud gonzo
2/16/2006, 10:28 PM
are you guys arguing about whether or not Cheney had been drinking? I think you should talk about that. you guys just agree way too much, we need to throw something ELSE into the mix to make things interesting. :rolleyes:

GrapevineSooner
2/16/2006, 11:13 PM
You are ok with a VP who exposes CIA agents for political reasons?????

If that charge were true, Cheney wouldn't be VP anymore and Patrick Fitzgerald's two year investigation would have netted more than a perjury charge against Cheney's former chief of staff.

As it were...

Stoop Dawg
2/16/2006, 11:24 PM
If that charge were true, Cheney wouldn't be VP anymore and Patrick Fitzgerald's two year investigation would have netted more than a perjury charge against Cheney's former chief of staff.

As it were...

Who needs truth when you've got allegations?

<insert "They started it, mom!" here>

Jerk
2/17/2006, 05:35 AM
Valarie Plame wasn't even a covert agent.

The whole thing is b.s.

Shamrock
2/17/2006, 06:18 AM
I'd rather go hunting with Cheney, than swimming with Kennedy ....

2/17/2006, 06:48 AM
Valarie Plame wasn't even a covert agent.

The whole thing is b.s.BORING, aren't they?:eddie:

Harry Beanbag
2/17/2006, 07:08 AM
Anybody else heard the rumor going around that the hunting accident wasn't really an accident? Looks like Lex has heard it, or started it. Apparently, it was purposely staged to show Scooter Libby what could happen to him if he rolled over on anybody. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2/17/2006, 07:27 AM
Anybody else heard the rumor going around that the hunting accident wasn't really an accident? Looks like Lex has heard it, or started it. Apparently, it was purposely staged to show Scooter Libby what could happen to him if he rolled over on anybody. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:Well, apparently nobody is gonna bring charges on Cheney for the shooting. So, they're back to the Valerie Plame case, and trying to find Bush guilty of unlawful domestic spying, WHILE WE ARE AT WAR WITH AN ENEMY THAT WOULD JUST AS SOON SEE "INFIDELS" DIE AS LIVE THEMSELVES.

GDC
2/17/2006, 10:45 AM
Dude,

Anyone who almosts takes out a pompous Texas attorney with a shotgun is a a great guy in my book, and deserves the Medal of Freedom.

2/17/2006, 12:10 PM
Anyone who almosts takes out a pompous Texas attorney with a shotgun is a a great guy in my book, and deserves the Medal of Freedom.:confused: Maybe that will be the new conspiracy theory-Cheney is sending a message to lawyers to change their ways, to apply the constitution, rather than misconstrue it.

TopDaugIn2000
2/17/2006, 12:24 PM
I can't wait for "The Onion's" take on this.....