PDA

View Full Version : So my roomate has spoken to me since January 1st

royalfan5
2/15/2006, 07:08 PM
At first it was a little strange, but after awhile I got used to it. He just locks himself in his room the whole time, so it is like I have my own apartment. I did find out why I he doesn't talk to me, apparently I make him feel stupid because I don't make nice small talk with him, and disagree with his opinions on occasion. He is a very sensitive boy, and he can't deal with any sort of confrontation. He is also anorexic, which is very strange for a guy. I just noticed I made a spelling error it the title. Darn.

proud gonzo
2/15/2006, 07:22 PM
weird.

SicEmBaylor
2/15/2006, 07:27 PM
Where'd you pick a guy like that up?

Octavian
2/15/2006, 07:28 PM
he's upset b/c:

...I don't make nice small talk with him....is a very sensitive boy...can't deal with any sort of confrontation...is also anorexic

sounds ghey

royalfan5
2/15/2006, 07:29 PM
Where'd you pick a guy like that up?
He was in the same frat as me at college. I needed a roomate in Lincoln when we both graduated, we had gotten along up to that point. I didn't realize how many issues had at that point. He was a lot more fun and sane when he drank and did drugs.

royalfan5
2/15/2006, 07:31 PM
he's upset b/c:

sounds ghey
Everyone has figured that out but him. I was hoping he would have went to Brokeback Mountain with me and other folk I went with, and perhaps a lightswitch would have went on.

King Crimson
2/15/2006, 07:31 PM
i lived in an apartment with one of my best friends in college our senior year. fall semester was great and then something happened in the spring (and some stuff with a couple girls)--and it just sucked. everything is cool now but for a while it was pretty testy. i'm none too proud of my role in it.

so, maybe it's not so bad.

royalfan5
2/15/2006, 07:34 PM
i lived in an apartment with one of my best friends in college our senior year. fall semester was great and then something happened in the spring (and some stuff with a couple girls)--and it just sucked. everything is cool now but for a while it was pretty testy. i'm none too proud of my role in it.

so, maybe it's not so bad.
It isn't bad for me, it's just weird. The way I see, I don't have problem with him, he has a problem with me, and he doesn't want to deal with it.

Penguin
2/15/2006, 07:39 PM
something happened in the spring (and some stuff with a couple girls)

2 girls at the same time! Awesome! One could be cleaning the toilet while the other one is fixing you a sandwich. Score!

chriscappel
2/15/2006, 07:40 PM
eh more room for you! My roomate does the same thing sometimes

SicEmBaylor
2/15/2006, 07:45 PM
Fish year was the first time I had a roommate, and I worried about having a really ****ty roommate. Anyway, luckily it turned out that I was the ****ty roommate so all was pretty good actually. That guy was great; never complained about anything.

Penguin
2/15/2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I had a bad roommate my freshman year. About once a week, I would wake up with him in the same bed with me.

That's a little creepy if you ask me.

47straight
2/15/2006, 08:05 PM
Fish year was the first time I had a roommate, and I worried about having a really ****ty roommate. Anyway, luckily it turned out that I was the ****ty roommate so all was pretty good actually. That guy was great; never complained about anything.

It takes a real man to own up that he was the ****ty roommate. Props to you, SEB

royalfan5
2/15/2006, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I had a bad roommate my freshman year. About once a week, I would wake up with him in the same bed with me.

That's a lot creepy, was you roomate under the influence of alcohol a lot, or did he think you were pretty?

achiro
2/15/2006, 08:22 PM
Can you say ****ty at Baylor? I thought they sent you to hell or something?

royalfan5
2/15/2006, 08:25 PM
Can you say ****ty at Baylor? I thought they sent you to hell or something?
as long as he wasn't dancing while he said it.

SicEmBaylor
2/15/2006, 08:36 PM

My God, that would have happened exactly ONCE with me and then I'd have either killed the guy or walked down to the RA and demanded that he be moved out.

Actually, at Baylor I could have him thrown entirely out of school for that!

Okieflyer
2/15/2006, 08:38 PM
Shouldn't have drank his beer, man.

SicEmBaylor
2/15/2006, 08:39 PM
It takes a real man to own up that he was the ****ty roommate. Props to you, SEB

Yeah, I kinda feel bad about it. I'd come in really late and wake him up while getting ready for bed. His classes were always earlier than mine, and I'd bitch when he made any noise. I'm also a bit of a slob. He liked to play classical guitar, but I made him go down to the common room. There's nothing I detest more than gathering around the dorm room for a guitar jam ::shudder::.

Anyway, like I said I feel bad about it now. I was a jerk.

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I kinda feel bad about it. I'd come in really late and wake him up while getting ready for bed. His classes were always earlier than mine, and I'd bitch when he made any noise. I'm also a bit of a slob. He liked to play classical guitar, but I made him go down to the common room. There's nothing I detest more than gathering around the dorm room for a guitar jam ::shudder::.

Anyway, like I said I feel bad about it now. I was a jerk.

Was? :confused:

;)

Al Gore
2/15/2006, 08:44 PM
2 girls at the same time! Awesome! One could be cleaning the toilet while the other one is fixing you a sandwich. Score!I think we need to start the "2 girls at the same time" thread........

SicEmBaylor
2/15/2006, 08:53 PM
I think we need to start the "2 girls at the same time" thread........

Toward the end of my fish year I get this frantic knock on my door around 4 am. The guy in the dorm room across the hall is yelling, "*my name* Give me all of your towels hurry!" So I open the door up and just about that time these three half naked girls go RUNNING toward the back door while attempting to put their clothes on. Obviously that captivated my attention for a fair number of seconds before I even noticed the commotion in this guy's room. Water is FLOODING the inside of his room, and he's throwing his stereo, computer, etc into my room and the hallway to keep it dry. So I walk over and look inside and his sink is completely broken off and water is gushing out of the pipe.

Apparently, one of both of these girls were sitting on the sink (I'm not going to venture a guess why) and the sink broke (how that happened I don't know). The girls of course were running for their lives because this was well past the posted visitation hours and at that time the penalty was pretty steep for having girls in your room after hours (hours were only Saturday and Sunday from 1pm-6pm).

Maintence eventually fixed the problem and our RA was a really cool guy who didn't turn them in for the contraband girls.

proud gonzo
2/15/2006, 09:07 PM
heh

Czar Soonerov
2/15/2006, 09:15 PM
be careful... (http://www.thingie.net/writting/what/index.php)

OklahomaTrombone
2/15/2006, 09:51 PM
be careful... (http://www.thingie.net/writting/what/index.php)

I forgot about that story.

proud gonzo
2/15/2006, 10:07 PM
hehe, me too. i read the whole thing all over again

OklahomaTrombone
2/15/2006, 10:13 PM
When he describes the way his apartment is set up it reminds me of my apartment in the Commons.

Just without the ****house rat crazy roommate

VeeJay
2/15/2006, 10:16 PM
these three half naked girls go RUNNING toward the back door while attempting to put their clothes on.

Pics? Stanley? ;)

You should have a female roommate - reasons:

- If you're not banging her, there's no excuse for not banging some of her friends.

- Saturdays and Sundays should be heavy drinking days because those are heavy shopping days at the mall.

- Snoring is not as loud.

- When did you ever get browine points with a male roommate for bringing home flowers?

- You can say embarasssing stuff and not catch too much hell about it. :texan:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/15/2006, 10:18 PM

That's a little creepy if you ask me.I went to OBU, people get kicked outta school for that stuff.

Norm In Norman
2/15/2006, 10:29 PM
My freshman year during the first semester my roommates (one of which was my best friend in high school) started smoking pot and drinking all the time and coming in really late and waking me up. Then we had a small party at my parent's house when they were on vacation and my best friend and some others were outside buying pot from one of the hundred uninvited guests outside my folk's home. Call me a prude, but I didn't think this was cool. In fact, I sorta thought he should have told the dealer to get the hell off the property. Starting then and for about the last month of the first semester, I didn't speak to either room mate.

So I showed up for the second semester and guess what? Both of my old roommates were gone and there was a completely new guy in the tri-suite. I guess missing all of your morning classes and smoking pot all of the time isn't conducive to passing your classes at OU, because my former best friend flunked out and I didn't even know it until he didn't show up to the dorm. Heck, our mom's worked together and my mom didn't know it. I don't know what happened to the other guy. The new guy was cool, because he stayed on his side of the suite and I stayed on my side and we never talked. He was barely there anyway because he was a frat guy or something.

On a side note, my former best friend woke up every day at 11am to watch the Brady Bunch. He had priorities.

OKC Sooner
2/15/2006, 11:36 PM
I went to OBU, people get kicked outta school for that stuff.

Yep, one lady I know still reminds me from time to time that I almost got her kicked out for smuggling her into my dorm room on the second floor of Storer Dormitory. She was wearing my overcoat, an oversized Indiana Jones hat, and sunglasses but somebody apparently recognized her anyway.

Ahhh, OBU, the memories... :D

SicEmBaylor
2/15/2006, 11:52 PM
OBU is far more strict than Baylor. Especially these days.

OklahomaTrombone
2/15/2006, 11:52 PM
ORU pwn3s all

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/16/2006, 12:04 AM
Yep, one lady I know still reminds me from time to time that I almost got her kicked out for smuggling her into my dorm room on the second floor of Storer Dormitory. She was wearing my overcoat, an oversized Indiana Jones hat, and sunglasses but somebody apparently recognized her anyway.

Ahhh, OBU, the memories... :DStorer? You mean Brotherhood which is now Agee?

OKC Sooner
2/16/2006, 12:28 AM
Storer? You mean Brotherhood which is now Agee?

Yep, only the west end of Brotherhood was called Storer. Don't remember what the other sections were called. Of course, this was back when computers ran on kerosine. :rolleyes:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/16/2006, 12:31 AM
Well nowadays you can get kicked out for being brokeback, but straight fornicating activities will just get you prayed for.

william_brasky
2/16/2006, 03:34 AM
but straight fornicating activities will just get you prayed for.

Is it OK to pray for straight fornicating activities?

SicEmBaylor
2/16/2006, 03:46 AM

Yes. :D

OKC Sooner
2/16/2006, 04:11 AM

As I recall, prayer was a factor but alcohol was a larger factor. May have been some begging involved as well, I'm somewhat fuzzy on the details after all this time.

william_brasky
2/16/2006, 04:52 AM
As I recall, prayer was a factor but alcohol was a larger factor. May have been some begging involved as well, I'm somewhat fuzzy on the details after all this time.

Alcohol's the only prayer I got with the ladies.

Man, it sucks being ugly. I mean really ugly.

I look like Mr. Kotter went Brokeback on Screech, and Screech prematurely pooped me out of his browneye.

Mjcpr
2/16/2006, 09:59 AM
Alcohol's the only prayer I got with the ladies.

Man, it sucks being ugly. I mean really ugly.

I look like Mr. Kotter went Brokeback on Screech, and Screech prematurely pooped me out of his browneye.

That sounds pretty ****in' ugly.

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 10:21 AM

:mad:

The gloves are off, Pigeon Boy.

Penguin
2/16/2006, 05:49 PM
I sort of miss how my old roomy would snuggle up with me on a cold winter's morn.

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 06:34 PM
I sort of miss how my old roomy would snuggle up with me on a cold winter's morn.

Well, you certainly didn't complain.