PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell which frat...

d.stOUgh
2/15/2006, 06:20 PM
this paddle is from? I've had it since the mid to late 70's and my health forces me to sell on ebay. I like to be able to describe it better...Thanks!

It says 'To SCHMACK '68 ----- From GENE '68...

Jimminy Crimson
2/15/2006, 06:21 PM
Phi Beta Delta

never heard of it

chriscappel
2/15/2006, 06:23 PM
phi beta delta

http://www.ibiblio.org/koine/greek/lessons/alphabet.html

d.stOUgh
2/15/2006, 06:28 PM
phi beta delta

http://www.ibiblio.org/koine/greek/lessons/alphabet.html
Thanks Cris!

chriscappel
2/15/2006, 06:31 PM
no prob

OklahomaTrombone
2/15/2006, 06:37 PM
Phi Beta Delta

never heard of it

Me either.

Its an honor society.

Phi Beta Delta honors those who serve internationalism - the idea of a world connected, of respect for different traditions, of the need for education to enhance knowledge of the many cultures that are part of a globe that we all must share.

http://www.phibetadelta.org/

chriscappel
2/15/2006, 06:43 PM
So they're a....cult? :D

Hamhock
2/15/2006, 06:55 PM
Frat? Would you call your country...nevermind.

william_brasky
2/15/2006, 06:58 PM
my health forces me to sell on ebay.

So no more spankings? :texan:

Just kidding sir. I hope your health improves so you can once again be paddled.

william_brasky
2/15/2006, 07:04 PM
Also, to me, the paddle looks like a Tri-Lamb paddle.

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/images/movie/large/Revenge_of_the_nerds.jpg

snp
2/15/2006, 07:35 PM
NEEEEEEEEEEERDS!!!

Octavian
2/15/2006, 07:38 PM
Frat? Would you call your country...nevermind.

:texan:

I know how that ends....funny stuff.

spek.

OUDoc
2/16/2006, 09:08 AM
So, Schmack, who's Gene? ;)

bluesmagoo
2/16/2006, 11:44 AM
I hope you don't need a lot of money. You won't get much for it.

critical_phil
2/16/2006, 12:07 PM

unless you can market it to the from gene to schmack demographic....

Dio
2/16/2006, 06:17 PM
"You're talking about Delta, sir" -Greg Marmalarde

opksooner
2/16/2006, 11:08 PM
Here's the scoop on Phi BD. They existed on campus in the late '30s and early '40s and were absorbed at some point by Pi Lambda Phi, my frat at OU. The Pi Lam house was located at 704 West Lindsey until the late '50s when they moved out to the the new fraternity row. That house was totally destroyed by a disastrous fire and was never rebuilt. The remnants of the Pi Lams later reorganized as the Phi Beta Delta bringing their existence full circle. Phi Beta Delta had "problems" and are no longer on campus. During my years at OU at 704, the Pi Lams were a small but very active house on campus....IFC presidents, IFC Scholarship cups, yada yada yada. My senior year we beat the ATOs for the softball championship. opksooner was in right field. TA DA! It was a true David -vs- Goliath story as ATO was the "jock house" on campus in that era....Lester Lane, Ron Blue, etc etc.

The paddle you have is from the second incarnation of Phi B D, in the late '60s.

Jimminy Crimson
2/17/2006, 12:52 AM
Here's the scoop on Phi BD. They existed on campus in the late '30s and early '40s and were absorbed at some point by Pi Lambda Phi, my frat at OU. The Pi Lam house was located at 704 West Lindsey until the late '50s when they moved out to the the new fraternity row. That house was totally destroyed by a disastrous fire and was never rebuilt. The remnants of the Pi Lams later reorganized as the Phi Beta Delta bringing their existence full circle. Phi Beta Delta had "problems" and are no longer on campus. During my years at OU at 704, the Pi Lams were a small but very active house on campus....IFC presidents, IFC Scholarship cups, yada yada yada. My senior year we beat the ATOs for the softball championship. opksooner was in right field. TA DA! It was a true David -vs- Goliath story as ATO was the "jock house" on campus in that era....Lester Lane, Ron Blue, etc etc.

The paddle you have is from the second incarnation of Phi B D, in the late '60s.

Well who died and made you the expert in all things Pi Lam? ;) :texan: :D

opksooner
2/17/2006, 01:12 AM
Most all of 'em except me. ;)

Jason White's Third Knee
2/17/2006, 09:33 AM
Most all of 'em except me. ;)

Pppphahahhaahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice!

d.stOUgh
2/18/2006, 12:28 AM
So no more spankings? :texan:

Just kidding sir. I hope your health improves so you can once again be paddled.

thanks Bill...that gave me a rare laugh...congestive heart failure is my burden. been a OU fan since i saw my 1st college game ever in person...the '71 OU - neb. been a Sooner Fan since & always will be. i played bass guitar minor league & then got into the studios in OKC. i had many, many players over to my house for 'home cooked meals'. i wouldn't trade my Sooners Memories for a new heart! (or a paddling!!!).

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d.stOUgh
2/18/2006, 12:31 AM

Thanks opksooner!!

d.stOUgh
2/18/2006, 12:40 AM

i'm selling my Sooner Heart on ebay...so many collectables have already gone. i owe my pharmacy over $1,700.00...lol, my next auctions are my most prized. check them out (hardupmusic - ebay seller name). 70's era coaches shirts & pants, university mint coins ( only 1k made of each) & wall plaques with autographs. my financial problems are self induced (musicians mentality). these are just earthly possessions, but damn i hate losing them...

opksooner
2/18/2006, 10:40 AM
Glad to be of help, d.stOUgh. Good luck with the auction.