PDA

View Full Version : thank you jesus

jk the sooner fan
2/15/2006, 02:16 PM
VP Cheney is going to do a television interview on the hunting accident

hopefully after its over, 50% of america can go back to their normal lives again....

OUDoc
2/15/2006, 02:17 PM
Unless he shoots the camera crew. ;)

colleyvillesooner
VP Cheney is going to do a television interview on the hunting accident

hopefully after its over, 50% of america can go back to their normal lives again....

doubt it :D

NormanPride
Or, conversely, the remaining sane ones will be sucked in with even MORE media exposure. I'll stick to curling, thankyouverymuch.

pb4ou
2/15/2006, 02:19 PM
Unless he shoots the camera crew. ;)

Heh :D

OklahomaTuba
2/15/2006, 02:22 PM
This whole deal is so stupid.

The David Gregory dude from NBC shows he is nothing more than a biased asshat by yelling at the press secretary over this crap.

Soonrboy
2/15/2006, 02:24 PM
I wish Barbara Walters would interview him. "Which tree do you feel like right now, Mr. Cheney?"

Fugue
2/15/2006, 02:24 PM
I'm going to be watching ABC tonight. Iraq/WMD stuff that should be interesting.

fadada1
2/15/2006, 02:26 PM
"mr. cheney, what were you thinking at the exact moment you pulled the trigger?"

$10 some asshat asks that.

OklahomaTuba
2/15/2006, 02:26 PM
I wouldn't want to ask him that.

OklahomaTuba
2/15/2006, 02:28 PM
I'm going to be watching ABC tonight. Iraq/WMD stuff that should be interesting.
I just saw that on drudge. If thats real, then that really puts to rest any arguments the left has about the war I think.

colleyvillesooner
"mr. cheney, what were you thinking at the exact moment you pulled the trigger?"

Can't believe I'm gonna do this and nothing's gonna happen to me ;)

OUDoc
Tom Cruise should do the press conference for him.

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2006, 02:30 PM
I just saw that on drudge. If thats real, then that really puts to rest any arguments the left has about the war I think.

You're kidding right? It would just turn into "We went to war to find these things and we just now did? Talk about an inept government, blah, blah, blah."

That's not how I feel, but there's no way any report will stop the opposition.

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 02:31 PM
I hope none of this preempts American Idol.

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 02:42 PM
I thought American Idol was WMD...?

OklahomaTuba
2/15/2006, 02:48 PM
You're kidding right? It would just turn into "We went to war to find these things and we just now did? Talk about an inept government, blah, blah, blah."

That's not how I feel, but there's no way any report will stop the opposition.

Well it won't, I guess I should have said any relevant, serious or legitimate arguments about the war.

95% of the people who are bitching about the war just have a hatred in their heart that outweighs the brains in their heads. Presenting facts to most anti-war folks is about as effective as telling a dog to shut up.

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2006, 02:53 PM
Well it won't, I guess I should have said any relevant, serious or legitimate arguments about the war.

95% of the people who are bitching about the war just have a hatred in their heart that outweighs the brains in their heads. Presenting facts to most anti-war folks is about as effective as telling a dog to shut up.

Yeah, you gotta stop that man, my dog is not gonna listen to you. :D

The half of the country not in control always finds faults with the half running things. Always will.

Stoop Dawg
2/15/2006, 03:00 PM
What's the big deal about Cheney not having made a statement. Do people really think he did it on purpose? And even if he did, do they think he can't lie about it? We all know it's perfectly acceptable for govt officials to lie whenever it's convenient.

I think my press conference would be like this:

Me: I accidentally shot a good friend of mine. Any questions?

What the hell is a report gonna ask? Did you do it on purpose?

Jack and Ron were all hysterical this morning because "you only need 24 hours to make up a lie, you can tell the truth immediately". Make up what lie? A cover up for attempted murder? Is that really their implication? What a couple of complete morons. Like the VP of the frickin United States would shoot someone himself. Holy crap. The idiocy of some people astounds me!

jk the sooner fan
2/15/2006, 03:03 PM
thank you...finally somebody see's it for exactly what it is

and what it isnt

pb4ou
2/15/2006, 03:05 PM
we've all seen the senario before. If the lawyer would have kissed him real big and dove back into his rabbit hole, the whole shooting would have never took place.

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 03:06 PM
He's inventing a lie about why he didn't hit the quail. I heard he called Mack on this one, and it involves the wind...

1stTimeCaller
2/15/2006, 03:08 PM
gotta love folks that hunt quail with a 28 guage. They are either great shots or they want you to think they are great shots. :D

Stoop Dawg
2/15/2006, 03:09 PM
He's inventing a lie about why he didn't hit the quail. I heard he called Mack on this one, and it involves the wind...

I hate it when I go off on a rant and miss the obvious point. Now I feel silly.

Of course, he needed a reason why he missed the quail. I hope it's a good one or I see an impeachment process in the near future. Wait, can a VP be impeached?

soonerscuba
2/15/2006, 03:10 PM
Believe it or not, the Vice President of the United States of America shooting somebody in the face might be newsworthy, call me crazy. Let me repeat this, The Vice President of the United States of America shot somebody in the face, and you are going to act surprised that the news covers it?

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 03:11 PM
Drop kick me Jesus, through the goal posts of life

1stTimeCaller
2/15/2006, 03:12 PM
Believe it or not, the Vice President of the United States of America shooting somebody in the face might be newsworthy, call me crazy. Let me repeat this, The Vice President of the United States of America shot somebody in the face, and you are going to act surprised that the news covers it?

is it all day everyday update every half hour newsworthy? No.

jk the sooner fan
2/15/2006, 03:12 PM

believe it or not, there are "circumstances" where we can all go back to our routine....

KABOOKIE
2/15/2006, 03:13 PM

Newsworthy? Yes.

Prolonged, dragged out agony of listening to the 49 percenters cry like a bunch of pussies because it took 21 hours to report it? No.

soonerscuba
2/15/2006, 03:13 PM
I never deviated my routine, I just chose to read different news.

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 03:14 PM
is it all day everyday update every half hour newsworthy?

Only if it's Jon Stewart. Then I shall watch intently.

soonerscuba
2/15/2006, 03:16 PM
Prolonged, dragged out agony of listening to the 49 percenters cry like a bunch of pussies because it took 21 hours to report it? No.

Oh I can gurantee that the 49%ers were uber, uber ****ed that the Vice President of the United States of America shot somebody in the face and they were left out of the loop for almost a day. Don't blame the liberals for this one, blame the 24 hour news cycle.

Tear Down This Wall
2/15/2006, 03:16 PM
I like to hunt live animals. Many of my friends do as well. In December, one of my friends always invites 15-20 of us to his land to hunt deer. I never go. To me, the more people you have out on a hunt, the more chance for an accident to occur. And in deer season...you just don't want to be part of an accidental shooting involving a deer rifle.

Cheney's hunting party down there seemed like it had too many folks. I could be wrong. All the same, no one seems to be making enough jokes about a lawyer being shot.

1stTimeCaller
2/15/2006, 03:20 PM
Does anyone remember when President Bush was running for Gov. and he went on a dove hunt? He got fined for killing a killdee or whatever you call those birds. You know, the little bird that runs away when you get close to it's nest? Not flies away but runs away.

http://www.savethedoves.org/gwbush.html

jk the sooner fan
2/15/2006, 03:22 PM
the only people that consider this a BIG story are the ones that want it to be so

some of us are capable of seeing it for what it is

mdklatt
2/15/2006, 03:41 PM

This is different from every other news story how?

Hamhock
2/15/2006, 03:56 PM
A lot of this shows the general public's ignorance about firearms.

If'in I'm gonna off somebody, a 28 gauge, with 7 1/2 shot, from 30 yards is bout 38th on the list, right behind a wiffle-ball bat.

Ike
2/15/2006, 04:06 PM
ya know, if I were a comedian, I might just find this whole ordeal to be evidence for the existence of a god. but I'm not.

Hamhock
2/15/2006, 04:08 PM
I'm pretty sure God doesn't need you to believe to exist.

jk the sooner fan
2/15/2006, 04:09 PM
ya know, if I were a comedian, I might just find this whole ordeal to be evidence for the existence of a god. but I'm not.

letterman used it for the entire comedic content of his show last nite

which is fine, this is definitely comedic gold for the late night guys

its the real news folks that need to let it go, and half of america

Ike
2/15/2006, 04:11 PM
letterman used it for the entire comedic content of his show last nite

which is fine, this is definitely comedic gold for the late night guys

its the real news folks that need to let it go, and half of america
exactly...there are a bajillion and one great comedic refrences in every single aspect of this....and not just about cheney, but about the media as well.

I just wish I were funny....

Octavian
2/15/2006, 04:56 PM
those that agreed w/ the constant media show and eventual impeachement of 98 should have absolutely no problem with the media coverage of this...

blowing someone away w/ a shotgun is more significant than getting your other gun blown by someone else

and the perjury retort is weak...if you dont think that was a guise to keep bringing up a BJ then you're not just drinking the kool-aid, you're making it and serving it to others

OklahomaTuba
2/15/2006, 04:58 PM
Hmm,

a hunting accident by a VP = perjury, rape allegations and impeachment against a president.

What a crock of ****.

Liberal FantasyLand™ at its best.

Hamhock
2/15/2006, 04:59 PM
Yes, committing adultery, then lying about it to the nation is exactly the same as a hunting ACCIDENT. Especially with the sexy details of the $7 stamp.

OklahomaTuba
2/15/2006, 05:00 PM
and the perjury retort is weak...if you dont think that was a guise to keep bringing up a BJ then you're not just drinking the kool-aid, you're making it and serving it to others

Why?

Cause the perjury thing is a fact?

Yeah, that makes it REAL weak. :rolleyes:

picasso
2/15/2006, 05:02 PM
those that agreed w/ the constant media show and eventual impeachement of 98 should have absolutely no problem with the media coverage of this...

blowing someone away w/ a shotgun is more significant than getting your other gun blown by someone else

dude please. this only has to do with the fact that the press has a supreme hard-on of hate for the current administration. I honestly think they hope the old fart kills over.
did ya hear Matt Lauer and Tim Russert this morning? they worded their exchange to the tune of it might have been an accident.
freaks.

OklahomaTuba
2/15/2006, 05:03 PM
Yes, committing adultery, then lying about it to the nation is exactly the same as a hunting ACCIDENT. Especially with the sexy details of the $7 stamp.

Watch out now, next thing you know they will be comparing this to Nixon or watergate.

I bet Hilter had hunting accidents also, and we all know how the dimz like to call Bush and Cheney Hitler.

47straight
2/15/2006, 05:08 PM
Oh I can gurantee that the 49%ers were uber, uber ****ed that the Vice President of the United States of America shot somebody in the face and they were left out of the loop for almost a day. Don't blame the liberals for this one, blame the 24 hour news cycle.

Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, representatives of said 49%ers, went out and bitched publicly about it.

Octavian
2/15/2006, 05:08 PM
this only has to do with the fact that the press has a supreme hard-on of hate for the current administration.

thats the nature of every press corps since LBJ.

its called "watchdog" or "oppositionalist" media....standard freshman poly sci stuff...why are some of you sooooo shocked?

1stTimeCaller
2/15/2006, 05:09 PM
the same Harry Reid that waited 3 days to let folks know that he had a stroke?

OklahomaTuba
2/15/2006, 05:13 PM
I think this explains a lot of it...

http://pewresearch.org/assets/social/7-interior.gif

OklahomaTuba
2/15/2006, 05:15 PM
thats the nature of every press corps since LBJ.

its called "watchdog" or "oppositionalist" media....standard freshman poly sci stuff...why are some of you sooooo shocked?

Of course.

Thats why the media forged memos before every election since LBJ to get presidents un-elected.

IronSooner
2/15/2006, 05:22 PM
I hate to agree with Tuba, but this is an absolutely ridiculous waste of national time. It's funny, but let the late night guys handle it. Trivial pursuit employees can write another question or two. Otherwise, who cares? I don't understand why there needs to be a media circus about it or how one can blow it up into anything more than a freak accident people didn't feel the need to disclose to the entire country.

OklahomaTuba
2/15/2006, 05:26 PM
Al Gore going to Osama Bin Laden's hometown slandering his country is a much bigger and more important deal IMO.

Octavian
2/15/2006, 05:31 PM
Of course.

Thats why the media forged memos before every election since LBJ to get presidents un-elected.

You think George W Bush is first president that media outlets have tried to undermine? Really?

You really think its the media thats turned global opinion against us?

Was it the media that cherrypicked intel reports and then preached the ones that fit their preconeived decision regarding false WMD?

You really think its the media that has led this administration into the toilet on domestic approval ratings?

Was it the media that oversaw a record surplus transformed into a record defecit in 4 years?

Was it the media that oversaw the Katrina response (and then cut FEMA's budget a few months later, helping the chances for a repeat performance)?

Get over your Exalted Leader

RacerX
2/15/2006, 05:53 PM
Tom Cruise should do the press conference for him.

Tom Cruise should've gone hunting with him.

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2006, 06:21 PM
When do we get to Bush doing cocaine? That's my favorite part in these little back and forths ;)

Stoop Dawg
2/15/2006, 06:48 PM

Oh, I have no problem with it being reported in the news. I also have no problem with the news reporting on it 24/7. What I want is for them to report news, not make it up.

"Why did he wait 24 hours to call the press? Hmmmm?????"

Allegations and innuendo are not news. Unless one has an agenda, of course.

Stoop Dawg
2/15/2006, 06:51 PM
You think George W Bush is first president that media outlets have tried to undermine? Really?

You really think its the media thats turned global opinion against us?

Was it the media that cherrypicked intel reports and then preached the ones that fit their preconeived decision regarding false WMD?

You really think its the media that has led this administration into the toilet on domestic approval ratings?

Was it the media that oversaw a record surplus transformed into a record defecit in 4 years?

Was it the media that oversaw the Katrina response (and then cut FEMA's budget a few months later, helping the chances for a repeat performance)?

Get over your Exalted Leader

No to all of that (except maybe the global opinion one - the media certainly contributes to that).

Now, do you really think the media has no agenda? Really?

Octavian
2/15/2006, 07:20 PM
No to all of that (except maybe the global opinion one - the media certainly contributes to that).

Now, do you really think the media has no agenda? Really?

Their primary agenda is to make money and garner ratings. The more sensational a story, the better it is for them.

If its agendas you speak of, certainly NPR does. Fox doesn't even attempt to hide theirs. I can dig up all the sites if you really want...but if you've ever watched it, I shouldnt have to.

Stoop Dawg
2/15/2006, 07:26 PM
Their primary agenda is to make money and garner ratings. The more sensational a story, the better it is for them.

So we're agreed. The news story has been blown way out of proportion in order to make more money and garner more ratings. Worked for Jerry Springer, why not CNN?

Octavian
2/15/2006, 07:34 PM
So we're agreed. The news story has been blown way out of proportion in order to make more money and garner more ratings. Worked for Jerry Springer, why not CNN?

Yes, we're agreed. But the right does the same thing...only to a more effective degree. The right is much more effective at information spreading...its not even close. Thats why Im surprised to hear so many "oh my gosh, I can't believe they're blowing this out of proportion!" voices.

Again, have you ever watched FoxNews? Less than 10 minutes after Scuba first posted that Cheney had shot a man, I turned on Fox and they were already reporting it was "much to do about nothing." Word for word. The Vice President of the United States shot a man and Fox said it was much to do about nothing?

Agendas abound.

Jerk
2/15/2006, 07:38 PM
"Thats why Im surprised to hear so many "oh my gosh, I can't believe they're blowing this out of proportion!" voices."

LOL! I got my marching orders today from Rush Limbaugh. That's why I came here and posted it.

No, seriously, I'm just sick of hearing about it, and something so trivial. Damn east coast liberals- no nothing about hunting. They act like Cheney was in a gang related shoot out with a mac-10

Octavian
2/15/2006, 07:41 PM
Damn east coast liberals- no nothing about hunting.

Cheney's from Wyoming. ;)

soonerscuba
2/15/2006, 07:45 PM
Brokeback Mountain was also set in Wyoming, it correlates people.

Stoop Dawg
2/15/2006, 07:47 PM
Yes, we're agreed. But the right does the same thing...only to a more effective degree. The right is much more effective at information spreading...its not even close. Thats why Im surprised to hear so many "oh my gosh, I can't believe they're blowing this out of proportion!" voices.

Again, have you ever watched FoxNews? Less than 10 minutes after Scuba first posted that Cheney had shot a man, I turned on Fox and they were already reporting it was "much to do about nothing." Word for word. The Vice President of the United States shot a man and Fox said it was much to do about nothing?

Agendas abound.

Sorry if I was unclear. My disbelief at the amount of innuendo espoused over a simple hunting accident has nothing to do with Democrats or Republicans. And no, I don't watch Fox News. I prefer the fair and balanced reporting found exclusively on the South Oval!

Stoop Dawg
2/15/2006, 07:49 PM
Brokeback Mountain was also set in Wyoming, it correlates people.

This is why scuba is my favorite liberal. Well, next to Herr. Scuba is intentionally funny, it's always more entertaining when it's UN-intentional.

Stoop Dawg
2/15/2006, 07:59 PM
Less than 10 minutes after Scuba first posted that Cheney had shot a man, I turned on Fox and they were already reporting it was "much to do about nothing." Word for word.

That's a quote from the man who was shot, not Fox News.

OklahomaTuba
2/15/2006, 08:46 PM

Well, at least you admit the obvious.

Of course I don't remember the last time the networks actually had to fire people for it.

Also, the rest of your post is a lie, but what can one expect from someone who believes a presidential impeachment = a vp's hunting accident. Keep living in the Liberal FantasyLand though. Its obviously a very sad world to live in.

Octavian
2/15/2006, 08:58 PM
That's a quote from the man who was shot, not Fox News.

heh..no, it was an anchor's opinion. I sat here and watched him say it ten minutes after the story first broke, the accident victim hadn't released a statement...he's a younger Shephard Smith look-alike.

Octavian
2/15/2006, 09:02 PM
Also, the rest of your post is a lie

how are questions lies?

but what can one expect from someone who believes a presidential impeachment = a vp's hunting accident.

read more carefully.

Keep living in the Liberal FantasyLand though. Its obviously a very sad world to live in.

dude, you're weird.

Stoop Dawg
2/15/2006, 11:54 PM
heh..no, it was an anchor's opinion. I sat here and watched him say it ten minutes after the story first broke, the accident victim hadn't released a statement...he's a younger Shephard Smith look-alike.

Then the anchor's opinion matches that of Whittington perfectly.

Christus Spohn Hospital administrator Peter Banko said Whittington was mystified by all the attention over the incident and dismissed it as "much ado about nothing."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060216/pl_nm/cheney_accident_dc

In other news, the press is now seeing the story fading before their eyes and is in full-on "make up something fast, we need to sell more papers" mode:

"Cheney Could Face Charges in Shooting"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060216/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cheney_legal;_ylt=AtivwNge_5VZ2ELHqxJcYNpp24cA;_yl u=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

It's kinda sad, really, to watch these supposed "professionals" do such poor work in their jobs.

Frozen Sooner
2/16/2006, 01:19 AM

Just begging for an "Ignorance is bliss" comment here...

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 10:26 AM

I can personally attest to being an unhappy Independent. *******s to the left of me, *******s to the right....

Howzit
2/16/2006, 10:27 AM
...here I am, stuck in the middle with youuuuuuuu!

Tear Down This Wall
2/16/2006, 11:34 AM
Tom Cruise should've gone hunting with him.

Post Of The Year, candidate #2. Pure gold. :D

MojoRisen
2/16/2006, 12:29 PM
What's the big deal about Cheney not having made a statement. Do people really think he did it on purpose? And even if he did, do they think he can't lie about it? We all know it's perfectly acceptable for govt officials to lie whenever it's convenient.

I think my press conference would be like this:

Me: I accidentally shot a good friend of mine. Any questions?

What the hell is a report gonna ask? Did you do it on purpose?

Jack and Ron were all hysterical this morning because "you only need 24 hours to make up a lie, you can tell the truth immediately". Make up what lie? A cover up for attempted murder? Is that really their implication? What a couple of complete morons. Like the VP of the frickin United States would shoot someone himself. Holy crap. The idiocy of some people astounds me!

I bet Ted Kennedy said, hey my nephew is a rapist, and I killed that girl and took a lot of heat over it, somehow she got locked in the car and went off the bridge and drowned- we need to be in Cheaney Arse on this one!

I think the accidental hunting shooting is more legitimate.

As for Gore- instead of billions on war, we can invest billions in pain killer insectacides- because the bugs must feel a lot of pain when we whack em for eating the humans food supply.