PDA

View Full Version : Over/Under bet on Vince Young's Wonderlic score

Big Red Ron
2/15/2006, 12:15 PM
I'm setting the bar at a Brock Berlinish 13 (out of 50).

I'm taking the under.

Probably an El Roberson-like score of 11

:texan:

http://www.macmirabile.com/Wonderlic/Wonderlic.htm

Seamus
2/15/2006, 12:20 PM
http://www.ostrichink.com/nov2003/cubaradio.jpg

Big Red Ron
2/15/2006, 12:22 PM
http://www.ostrichink.com/nov2003/cubaradio.jpgI wish I could fark. A picture of Mack caressing and kissin all over this guy would be an all timer.

Desert Sapper
2/15/2006, 12:45 PM
I guess it doesn't matter if JW got a 31 on his second try and didn't get drafted while Jason Campbell had a 28 and went 25th overall. Whatever. Just another goofy measurement tool for the NFL. The best QBs in NFL History (and I'm not talking about the wunderkinds that everyone hailed as the second coming but never won a Superbowl) would never have been drafted if not for somebody seeing beyond all the bullcrap that is NFL scouting. I speak of Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, and Tom Brady to name a few. Winners are not what the NFL wants. They want "the next" (insert freakishly athletic quarterback name here), and all the greasy haired agents sell scouts on their clients that crash after a year or two. At least they have the rookie cap now.

Rant complete.

Jimminy Crimson
2/15/2006, 12:49 PM
Isn't Peyton Manning's score one of the top few of all time?

Desert Sapper
2/15/2006, 12:58 PM
Did Peyton win a world championship that I missed?

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 01:02 PM
Did Peyton win a world championship that I missed?

No, but he's set a few records and is widely regarded as one of the elite QBs in the NFL.

Octavian
2/15/2006, 01:05 PM
No, but he's set a few records and is widely regarded as one of the elite QBs in the NFL.

still trying to figure out why he didnt win the Heisman :confused:

The Consumate Showman
2/15/2006, 01:27 PM
Well, considering VY is from Tei-x-esss...you tell me what you think his score will be........

I remember last year when Brandon Jones and Jammal Brown came to the Blitz with Deano and talked about this test. They said that it was freakin weird, like "if you could be an anmial, what would you be?"........

I guess this test just helps the scouts sort out the REALLY dumb players from the MODERATELY dumb players.....

The Consumate Showman
2/15/2006, 01:28 PM
still trying to figure out why he didnt win the Heisman :confused:

Or a NC?????;)

Desert Sapper
2/15/2006, 01:36 PM

I'm not saying he doesn't have talent. He just isn't as good as Tom Brady until he wins a few championships. I'll say the same thing about Steve Young not being as good as Joe Montana. Joe led from the front, even when the chips were down. Leadership is the greatest quality of a QB, not arm strength or accuracy (although they help). I couldn't give a crap about QB rating, either. Win percentage and championships, on the other hand...

caphorns
2/15/2006, 01:45 PM

More proof: It doesn't take a rocket scientist to beat the snot out of OU.

Big Red Ron
2/15/2006, 01:48 PM
McNabb, Donovan
Syracuse
16, 12

WOW he got dumber on the second one.

Octavian
2/15/2006, 01:48 PM
More proof: It doesn't take a rocket scientist to beat the snot out of OU.

7 - 31/2

Big Red Ron
2/15/2006, 01:52 PM
More proof: It doesn't take a rocket scientist to beat the snot out of OU.More proof that dumb ***. radioish QB's in the big XII have losing records against the Sooners.:mack:

caphorns
2/15/2006, 01:59 PM
They also have as many Big XII championships and NCs in those years as the Sooners do.

Octavian
2/15/2006, 02:03 PM
They also have as many Big XII championships and NCs in those years as the Sooners do.

7 - 31/2

slickdawg
2/15/2006, 02:19 PM
I wish I could fark. A picture of Mack caressing and kissin all over this guy would be an all timer.

Come to the fark forum and ask - then ye shall receive.

Harry Beanbag
2/15/2006, 02:49 PM
I'm not saying he doesn't have talent. He just isn't as good as Tom Brady until he wins a few championships. I'll say the same thing about Steve Young not being as good as Joe Montana. Joe led from the front, even when the chips were down. Leadership is the greatest quality of a QB, not arm strength or accuracy (although they help). I couldn't give a crap about QB rating, either. Win percentage and championships, on the other hand...

Steve Young did win a championship.

And by this logic, Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Peyton Manning and Dan Marino.

Desert Sapper
2/15/2006, 03:09 PM
Steve Young did win a championship.

A championship does not equal 4. Joe is better.

And by this logic, Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Peyton Manning and Dan Marino.

Dilfer did what he had to do, but we all know Ray Lewis and the Raven D won Superbowl XXXV. I can't say that I would put Dilfer in the same category as Brady, Montana, or Bradshaw.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I said Peyton wasn't as good as Tom Brady (yet - he may be some day). Not that Peyton wasn't as good as Trent Dilfer. Note that I said Win percentage and championships, not just championships. Leadership was the point that I was making. Some QBs can take over a game with athleticism. The best take over a game by willing the TEAM to win.

Harry Beanbag
2/15/2006, 03:18 PM
A championship does not equal 4. Joe is better.

Dilfer did what he had to do, but we all know Ray Lewis and the Raven D won Superbowl XXXV. I can't say that I would put Dilfer in the same category as Brady, Montana, or Bradshaw.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I said Peyton wasn't as good as Tom Brady (yet - he may be some day). Not that Peyton wasn't as good as Trent Dilfer. Note that I said Win percentage and championships, not just championships. Leadership was the point that I was making. Some QBs can take over a game with athleticism. The best take over a game by willing the TEAM to win.

I understand what you're saying, but you can't take credit away from Dilfer due to his defense, and give all the credit to Montana and Brady and disregard their surrounding teammates in the same breath. What about Terry Bradshaw? He has 4 rings, same as Montana, but nobody considers him the greatest QB of all time.

My dad has been watching football for 50 years and he claims that the best QB he ever saw was Archie Manning, yet his winning % and championship total was abysmal. Football is a team sport

Desert Sapper
2/15/2006, 03:44 PM
I don't take credit away from Dilfer. I just don't put him in the same category as the other QBs I mentioned. I think the reasons are obvious, even if he is better than he gets credit for. Like I said, he did what he had to do.

The best Quarterback I ever saw was Joe Montana. He did everything to win, and everybody believed in him, because he believed. He was the ultimate leader, and I can't say that enough. Teams need leadership. Quarterback is the team leader in football. I'm a little biased, because I've made my career as a leader (in some instances a combat leader).

My dad has watched football for 50 years, and he still claims Bart Starr is the best QB he ever saw. Bart was a winner. I can't argue. I never saw Archie play, but everybody that I know that has, says his kids are better. They probably are.

I would say that Terry is one of the best QBs ever. Anybody that tells you different didn't see some of the throws he made against the Cowboys. He's not the best ever, because Joe Montana is.

Big Red Ron
2/15/2006, 03:55 PM
I'm a huge 49er fan and have seen quite a bit of football myself. Steve Young is a better QB than anyone in the NFL today.

He led the league in passing and rushing (for QB's) for four consecutive years and won two NFL MVP awards oh and was the Superbowl MVP by setting the Super Bowl record six TD passes.

*climbing off soap box*

TexasLidig8r
2/15/2006, 04:17 PM
Let's suppose.

Your team is down by 4 points.
2 minutes left in the game.
Championship game.
First and ten at your own 20 yard line.
One time out left.

What quarterback do you want?

Desert Sapper
2/15/2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah, Steve was good. But Steve was good because of his natural physical ability. Joe was good because of his natural leadership. I'm partial to the leader. Personal preference.

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 04:19 PM
Let's suppose.

Championship game.
One time out left.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Staubach.

Desert Sapper
2/15/2006, 04:20 PM
Let's suppose.

Championship game.
One time out left.

Joe. Hands down.

http://images.encarta.msn.com/xrefmedia/sharemed/targets/images/pho/t040/T040413A.jpg

soonerlaw
2/15/2006, 04:30 PM
Let's suppose.

Championship game.
One time out left.

Troy Aikman
Warren Moon
John Elway

cowboys70
2/15/2006, 04:35 PM
Let's suppose.

Championship game.
One time out left.

Well, if my team was down by 4 points
2 minutes left in the Championship game
First and ten at your own 45 yard line
Two time outs left.

I would want Vince Young.

Brasky7
2/15/2006, 04:38 PM
LOL

A breakdown of the scoring looks like this:

50= highest possible score, superior intelligence
21= average intelligence
14= equivalent to unskilled worker
Below 14= moron

The Consumate Showman
2/15/2006, 07:45 PM
Let's suppose.

Championship game.
One time out left.

Steve Young
Bart Starr
Joe Namath
Y.A.
Big Ben

GDC
2/15/2006, 09:12 PM
Wouldn't you have to speak English to take the test in the first place?

snp
2/15/2006, 09:19 PM

So, do you just choose to ignore the other half of the game, you know, the defense? Patrios and Colts are not and were not comparable.

How can you not see a huge difference in the Patriots dominating defense, that ranked no less then 6 in the league during their streak and the Colts. Put Peyton on that team, and the Pats will win too. Lets see how Brady does without that awesome d.

Desert Sapper
2/15/2006, 09:59 PM
So, do you just choose to ignore the other half of the game, you know, the defense? Patrios and Colts are not and were not comparable.

How can you not see a huge difference in the Patriots dominating defense, that ranked no less then 6 in the league during their streak and the Colts. Put Peyton on that team, and the Pats will win too. Lets see how Brady does without that awesome d.

I don't know, dude. The Colts were pretty good on D, too this year. They were the #2 scoring D in the league. On paper, they should have won it all. They just didn't.

sooneron
2/15/2006, 10:27 PM
I would like a 10 spot on vy not even taking the test.

Big Red Ron
2/16/2006, 12:15 AM
Troy Aikman
Warren Moon
John ElwayTroy Aikman doesn't crack the top ten dood. Sorry but I could have led Dallas to a couple of those super bowls. That team was all about the O-Line and D-line. As a matter of fact, Emmit and Troy were replaceable by several other players.

Aikman = Bradshaw

Doged
2/16/2006, 01:49 AM
Let's suppose.

Championship game.
One time out left.

Montana by far. No one has ever run the two minute drill better.
Bradshaw
Starr
Tarkenton
Jason White (homer pick, but still...)

QB's are like cars. They just don't build 'em like they used to. ;)

And for the record, Bradshaw > Aikman. Agreed that Aikman wouldn't crack the top ten, or even 15 probably.

soonerinabilene
2/16/2006, 07:48 AM
Let's suppose.

Championship game.
One time out left.

i'd take favre over anybody

the_ouskull
2/16/2006, 05:30 PM
Rather than bet on the over / under, can I get odds that he actually tries to eat the test to get out of taking it?

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
2/16/2006, 05:31 PM
Let's suppose.

Championship game.
One time out left.

70's: Bradshaw
80's: Montana
90's: Elway
00's: Brady

Those are the years I've been alive for... those are the guys I'm taking.

the_ouskull

sooneron
2/16/2006, 05:44 PM
70's: Bradshaw
80's: Montana
90's: Elway
00's: Brady

Those are the years I've been alive for... those are the guys I'm taking.

the_ouskull
No love for Captain Comeback - Harbaugh???:D

NormanPride
2/16/2006, 06:04 PM
My girlfriend mandates that I choose Favre.

East Coast Bias
2/16/2006, 08:33 PM
I am with Harry on the Dilfer logic, he let the air out of your argument.Maybe it just points to the fact that you can't totally define QB,S on wins and losses. You didn't respond to Marino? I don't think Brady is better than Manning anyway. Part of Brady's success was a couple of coaches that left and defense. He looked pretty average to me this year and by the way his deep pass sucks.....

Big Red Ron
2/16/2006, 08:40 PM
My girlfriend mandates that I choose Favre.:rolleyes:

rr2
2/16/2006, 10:11 PM
He should score around 20.

Dances with Possums
2/16/2006, 10:59 PM
There should be an over/under on the number of threads regarding Vince between now and draft day.

Jello Biafra
2/16/2006, 11:06 PM
Let's suppose.

Championship game.
One time out left.

huepel. just sayin.......

Big Red Ron
2/26/2006, 11:49 AM
I'm setting the bar at a Brock Berlinish 13 (out of 50).

I'm taking the under.

:texan:

http://www.macmirabile.com/Wonderlic/Wonderlic.htmha, looks like i gave him too much credit.

:eek: HE GOT A SIX????:eek:

Big Red Ron
2/26/2006, 11:51 AM
There should be an over/under on the number of threads regarding Vince between now and draft day.how about an over/under bet on the number of threads deleted on hornfans regarding vy's score?

BillyBall
2/26/2006, 11:57 AM
Vince Young has always sounded ignorant in interviews. I had no idea he was this stupid though... He is some sort of football savant.

Desert Sapper
2/26/2006, 02:07 PM
I am with Harry on the Dilfer logic, he let the air out of your argument.Maybe it just points to the fact that you can't totally define QB,S on wins and losses.

You think the one Superbowl win puts Dilfer in the same category as Brady, who was a three time winner and two time SB MVP? Give me a break. Sorry, but winning defines a QB. Just ask the guys that lost superbowls. They would trade everything for a ring. The guys that didn't ever go to a superbowl carried that stigma with them their whole career.

You didn't respond to Marino?

Marino is a Hall of Famer. Marino went to the big game (and got stomped by Montana and the 49ers). Manning is similar in some ways to Marino, but hasn't set as many records with his arm and still hasn't taken the Colts to the SB. This looked like it would be his year. Apparently it wasn't.

I don't think Brady is better than Manning anyway. Part of Brady's success was a couple of coaches that left and defense. He looked pretty average to me this year and by the way his deep pass sucks.....

Manning may be more talented. Manning may win a SB before his career is over. Manning may (and probably will) be a Hall of Famer after he is done with his career. Right now, Brady has three rings. Manning has none. Nothing will change that. You can slam on Brady all you like, he has the rings to prove he is good. Last I checked, New England and Indianapolis lost in the Divisional Playoffs this year. I didn't see Peyton pull out the big win at home to go to the Conference Championship.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/26/2006, 02:25 PM
I haven't seen anyone "Slamming" Brady....anytime you are putting a guy in an argument that involves Young, Marino, Manning, Montana, and Elway, he is in pretty elite company regardless.