PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Got the Bird Flu Yet?

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 10:24 AM
Mom says Oprah says it's gonna kill us all.
I heard talk of a pandemic too.
I don't know what that means but it sounds bad.
And I heard the President talked about it too.
I don't wanna get sick or die or wear a surgical mask or anything.
That's all I know.

OUDoc
2/15/2006, 10:36 AM
You've got it then.
Sorry.

Scott D
2/15/2006, 10:42 AM
Stanley has it, he made a thread about having a chicken in his pants.

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 10:44 AM
And why the bird flu now??
Birds have been around a long time and other than that Hitchcock film, have been relatively friendly till now.
Did someone have sex with a bird like they did with a monkey for the AIDS virus?

OUDoc
2/15/2006, 10:46 AM
And why the bird flu now??
Birds have been around a long time and other than that Hitchcock film, have been relatively friendly till now.
Did someone have sex with a bird like they did with a monkey for the AIDS virus?
It's the "low-fat diet, eat more chicken" fad that's p!ssing them off. They also hate turkey dogs.

Chuck Bao
2/15/2006, 10:49 AM
I hoarded medicine for it. But, it now seems that the positive effects will last me about a week. So, HA! I may just yet outlast you guys and the noobies too.

GDC
2/15/2006, 10:51 AM
There's a lot of behind the scenes prepping going on for it. The average person has no concept how bad this could be.

fadada1
2/15/2006, 10:52 AM
oprah thinks she's the oracle. unfortunately, so do many other people. just because you have your own show doesn't make you smart... or gives you the right to tell the rest of us what to think.

oprah's just rich. that's all.

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 10:53 AM
I heard there ain't no hope for us when this hits.

SCOUT
It could be worse than SARS.

fadada1
There's a lot of behind the scenes prepping going on for it. The average hillbilly has no concept how bad this could be.
fixed

Rhino
2/15/2006, 11:10 AM
We have a serious problem in this country, and her name is Oprah.

Harry Beanbag
2/15/2006, 12:08 PM
Herr says it's Bush's fault and we're all going to die.

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 12:15 PM
Tuba says it's a liberal ploy to get the soldiers distracted and killed over in Iraq while simultaneously violating their widows/widowers over here.

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/15/2006, 12:17 PM
Oprah just signed a 58 million dollar contract for 55 hours of work on XM radio.

Or something like that.

sooner_born_1960
2/15/2006, 12:33 PM
I think I had bird flu last weekend. Instead of sneezing, I quacked. Other than that, it was no big deal.
Much ado about nothing.

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 02:01 PM
And oh imagine the type of bowel movements the bird flu might induce...

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 02:16 PM
I'd never get my car clean... :(

pb4ou
2/15/2006, 02:22 PM
I haven't even seen the bird flu since Mrs. pb4ou accidentally left the bird cage open.

Man, that bird flu right out the door.

*Rim shot*

OUstudent4life
2/15/2006, 03:05 PM
Mom says Oprah says it's gonna kill us all.
I heard talk of a pandemic too.
I don't know what that means but it sounds bad.
And I heard the President talked about it too.
I don't wanna get sick or die or wear a surgical mask or anything.
That's all I know.

Oh, there won't be any surgical masks. Only two companies in the US make them, and since they're costly (in terms of price and storage) hospitals don't keep stocks of them. If the sucker ever actually mutates and allows for human-to-human transfer, it's all going downhill, and the fact that there won't be adequate protection (drugs and masks) for the people that are going to be taking care of all the sick people isn't going to make it any easier.

Especially 'cause we'll find out too late, probably. Don't get my wife started on the major misspending the government has done in terms of prep for a disaster like this. Public Health is medicine's red-headed stepchild, and all it's ever done is provide the basis for every major increase in general healthcare today, but do we fund it? Noooooooooo..

Guh. Public Health and Monitoring, people. In the case of the bird flu, add some extra money thrown at global flu vaccines, not specific vaccines, and new research into how to make vaccines. Fun fact = the way most vaccines for flu are made are in chicken eggs. The bird flu? It does so much damage to the egg that little to no vaccine is able to be made. There's new research into recombinant vaccine production, which would be the way to go for all vaccines in my opinion, but right now the work is slow going. Pharma companies don't want to change.

Oh, and epidemic = all over a specific area.
Pandemic = all over the Earth. Fun fun.

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 03:28 PM
So I should get me a bottle of that hand sanitizer to keep in the car?

OUstudent4life
2/15/2006, 03:31 PM
Yes.

:D

Personally, I thought Cheney was just thought his hunting partner had contracted bird flu after picking up the quail.