PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Disneyland

soonerhubs
2/15/2006, 10:10 AM
For our anniversary, Mrssoonerhubler and I are headed to Disneyland. Anyone got any advice on parking, the best rides, and any other way to make the trip better?

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 10:11 AM
For our anniversary, Mrssoonerhubler and I are headed to Disneyland. Anyone got any advice on parking, the best rides, and any other way to make the trip better?
No, but Mrs Mj, the boy and the MIL went a few years back and they couldn't have been any more impressed. Had a great time.

We're all going to DisneyWorld in June. You know, in case you were wondering. :)

soonerbrat
2/15/2006, 10:12 AM
Speed Pass. find out what it is and use it..you'll thank me later.

soonerhubs
2/15/2006, 10:13 AM
As soon as the Soutwest.com ding gives me cheap tickets towards Florida, we'll be right with ya. So are you saying the 2 day hopper pass is worth it, or should we spend all three of our days there for the extra 3 dollars?

IB4OU2
2/15/2006, 10:13 AM
Stay away from Minnie, I heard she was ****ing Goofy.........

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 10:14 AM
I think they mentioned something about a meal ticket too......they said that was a good idea. Evidently, you pay a set amount for each day's ticket and you can use it to eat breakfast, a snack, lunch and dinner. Much cheaper than paying for them individually.

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 10:15 AM
If at all possible go to Disney World instead.
And yes, use the FAST PASS.
Also single rider lines move like the wind.

Go to www.intercot.com and you learn all you ever needed.
Their forums are extensive as well.

soonerbrat
2/15/2006, 10:16 AM
are you going to disneyland (california) or disney world(florida)?

Soonrboy
2/15/2006, 10:16 AM
Get that book about visiting disneyland..I can't remember the name, but go to the book store...it will give you an itenerary of what to do the minute you walk in the park to minimize the waiting in lines and stuff. These people researched the traffic patterns and the wait times ..

There's a map you can carry with you. It was a godsend whenever we went. I think we were able to do more stuff and see more things than if we hadn't had it.

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 10:18 AM
Tell him to stay in a hotel near the park or in a DL hotel, park the car
in the hotel parking lot and leave it there. Take the free shuttle or
walk (unless he's in a DL hotel, then he can ride the monorail or walk).
Tell him to buy the 2 or 3 or 4 day pass and ride everything.

...says Mrs Mj

soonerhubs
2/15/2006, 10:24 AM
are you going to disneyland (california) or disney world(florida)?
Disneyland, California.

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 10:30 AM
Disneyland, California.

No, I think it's in Anaheim.

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 10:31 AM
I love Anaheim Steam Roller's Christmas CD's!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/15/2006, 10:33 AM
i just got back from disneyworld, the fastpass wasn't even used during the week because there was hardly anyone in line. one item to watch out for is the extended park hours. everyone plans their trips to the parks around them so you might think to avoid them. we also made a mistake in that the high school cheerleader national championships were being held at MGM the same day we were there. can you say makeup reps dream?

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 10:34 AM
I love Anaheim Steam Roller's Christmas CD's!

Ironically, they're from Disneyland, California.

soonerbrat
2/15/2006, 10:35 AM
Disneyland, California.

how long are you going to be there?

i got a GREAT deal a few years ago thru one of the online services..for $450/each i got airfare, hotel (marriott) and a rental car. the hotel was in fullerton which is right down the road from anaheim.

i recommend the multi-day pass that will let you into the california adventure park as well.

and if you have an extra day, a drive up to hollywood might be fun :)

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 10:36 AM
And if you have any extra time head on over to Orlando.
It's awesome.

soonerbrat
2/15/2006, 10:38 AM
i hate florida.

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 10:39 AM
I hate brussell sprouts.

soonerbrat
2/15/2006, 10:40 AM
I hate water chestnuts

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 10:42 AM
I hear Anaheim is the water chestnut capitol of the known universe.

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 10:46 AM
I hate baby corn. AND water chestnuts.

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 10:46 AM
I hear Anaheim is the water chestnut capitol of the known universe.
You talking about the one in California or Florida?

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 10:51 AM
I thinking you're thinking of "man ham" down in Key West.

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 10:52 AM
Is that where they build all those steamrollers?

soonerhubs
2/15/2006, 10:54 AM
how long are you going to be there?

i got a GREAT deal a few years ago thru one of the online services..for $450/each i got airfare, hotel (marriott) and a rental car. the hotel was in fullerton which is right down the road from anaheim.

i recommend the multi-day pass that will let you into the california adventure park as well.

and if you have an extra day, a drive up to hollywood might be fun :)
We're there for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Looking back a package might have been better, but alas, I put it together myself.
Oh well.

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 10:59 AM
Is that where they build all those steamrollers?I've only been to Key West once and didn't see any factories or theme parks either for that matter.

I know this post is funny I just haven't figured out why.

soonerjoker
2/15/2006, 11:16 AM
save time for "knott's berry farm". it's in nearby buena park.

oh, by the way, it's now, l.a. disney land of anaheim.

Rhino
2/15/2006, 11:21 AM
We're all going to DisneyWorld in June. Save your time and money and just go to MGM.

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 11:35 AM
No way!
The whole thing rocks.
Don't miss Universal Island of Adventure!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/15/2006, 12:13 PM
Save your time and money and just go to MGM.

i liked mgm although the stupid high school dance thing was in the indiana jones pavilian :mad:

epcot has been upgraded with the whole mission:mars ride which simulates a rocket launch. it also has that comedy troup in england that is funny as crap

magic kingdom - philharmagic is a must.

animal kingdom - the expedition everest roller coaster just opened when we got there and it was pretty good. i also liked the bug's life 3d movie and the safari.

the biggest sticker shock though is on the food...

this is the mcdonalds...
http://www.ouportal.com/Portals/0/menu.jpg

the character breakfasts for the kids will run you about one fitty...

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 12:38 PM

But your kids will never forget them. I have very few memories from my childhood, but those are as vivid as they come. Thanks, parents.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/15/2006, 12:58 PM
But your kids will never forget them. I have very few memories from my childhood, but those are as vivid as they come. Thanks, parents.

but do you remember the evil red eyed puppets singing "its a small world after all" over and over and over and over and over...

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 01:01 PM
Save your time and money and just go to MGM.

I think a trip there is part of the package....or Universal Studios. Whichever is affiliated with Disney.

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 01:02 PM

You shoulda got the meal ticket. :)

Jimminy Crimson
2/15/2006, 01:25 PM
get a 2 day pass or whatever thats good for disneyland and california adventure

and make sure not to go on gay day, unless that's your bag

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 01:29 PM
TPC at Sawgrass is in the Orlando area.....I could play that. For the time of year that we'll be there and NOT staying at their resort, a round of 18 is only $350.00.

I would own the 17th.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/15/2006, 01:30 PM
we were going to play LBV at disney world. massive thunderstorms put a halt to that.

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 01:31 PM
we were going to play LBV at disney world. massive thunderstorms put a halt to that.

I saw on their website that they have about 5 courses....I was hoping to be able to play a round or two as part of the DW package. Looks like they might have something along those lines.

IB4OU2
2/15/2006, 01:32 PM
I would own the 17th.

You'd have to before they let you collect all your balls out of the drink...;)

oumartin
2/15/2006, 01:32 PM
We've done disneyland twice and while I enjoyed the experience it was awful crowded. I liked Universal studios better both times.
They are advertising a Disneyworld trip for 4 on TV now for 1500.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/15/2006, 01:34 PM
You shoulda got the meal ticket. :)

i was using hilton points so we were in a suite here (http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=0QSGRJE5MZAT0CSGBIV2VCQKIYF C5UUC?ctyhocn=ORLDWHH)

my suggestion is to go late january early february because there are no lines. just looking at what the lines could have been made me tired.

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 01:35 PM
We're pretty much stuck with June, so we're just going to have to deal with the lines I'm afraid.

RacerX
2/15/2006, 01:41 PM

this is the mcdonalds...
http://www.ouportal.com/Portals/0/menu.jpg

C'mon man...A premium toy is included!

The character breakfast...mmmmmm, all you can eat. I wanted to make sure the one we went to had Tigger. So I called and asked. The lady tells me that in fact Tigger was at this one but they couldn't guarantee his presence because sometimes Tigger gets sick.

I hung up and broke out laughing.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/15/2006, 01:45 PM
just a couple of suggestions then...

get a rental car with a navigation system (we brought ours). very handy especially if its raining so you can meander over to disneyquest or down to cape canaveral.

the park hopper isn't worth it. its around an hour to get to another park which makes it incredibly annoying. also, its cheaper to just buy a couple of extra days worth of tickets if you decide to go to another park.

get a stroller even if you don't have little kids. they are $10 a day and perfect for just pushing around your stuff. they have stroller parking areas where you drop them off with everything in them (like everyone else does).

with the fast pass, you can only have one active fastpass at a time which means that you can't get another one until the minimum return time has passed. basically, you say i'm not going to ride now, but i'll return later and skip the line. you have to return between a certain time (typically an hour).

most of the fast pass stuff in MK is in tomorrowland (stitch, buzzlightyear, space mountain). get one for stitch, after the minimum time is up, get one for buzz, then go ride stitch, etc.

Pieces Hit
2/15/2006, 02:05 PM
I loooved the park hopper pass.
It was great.

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 02:12 PM
Our trick was to get a fast pass, sit in line for awhile, and then ride twice in a row, pretty much. It was awesome.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/15/2006, 02:33 PM
almost forgot, the krush (from finding nemo) exhibit in epcot is an absolute must for the kids. it was by far the longest wait we had while we were there (almost an hour), but dude, it was like...worth it, ya know. they sit the kids down front and they can ask him questions. it was pretty amazing animation as it was totally interactive. he'll point at a kid in a red shirt and say "little dude in the red shell with the sweet mouse ears" and answer whatever questions they ask.

Mjcpr
3/2/2006, 10:04 AM
Get that book about visiting disneyland..I can't remember the name, but go to the book store...it will give you an itenerary of what to do the minute you walk in the park to minimize the waiting in lines and stuff. These people researched the traffic patterns and the wait times ..

There's a map you can carry with you. It was a godsend whenever we went. I think we were able to do more stuff and see more things than if we hadn't had it.

Anyone know more about this? We'd like to find this book.

Pieces Hit
3/2/2006, 12:11 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0764583425/sr=8-1/qid=1141319319/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2218546-1719127?%5Fencoding=UTF8

This un is Unofficial.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786855452/sr=8-2/qid=1141319319/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-2218546-1719127?%5Fencoding=UTF8

This un is Disney approved.

Both are good.

As I said, INTERCOT.COM has all you would EVAR need to know.