PDA

View Full Version : The Rules....

OUAndy1807
2/15/2006, 09:16 AM
We live in a world where there's a lot of gray areas, but there are some rules in life that are simple and that people don't abide by. I'm talking about simple things that some people can't seem to understand. Here's some that peeve me:

* When you're walking through a crowded area (a mall or the concourse of a sports arena) don't just stop to talk (whether it's with a friend or to figure out which way to go). If you need to stop, get out of the flow of traffic.
* If you are old enough to have grandchildren, do not buy an Aztek, Vibe or any other hip smallish SUV/car. You don't look cool, you look ridiculous.
* If pulling out into oncoming traffic is going to slow down the traffic, don't do it. If a person is turning into traffic but can accelerate quickly enough to not cause a problem, don't speed up just so you can ride their *** and let them know you don't want them pulling out in front of you.
* If I go to pass you, don't speed up.

What else?

IB4OU2
2/15/2006, 09:19 AM
When driving, only drink two shots of Jack Daniels before taking your Lortab not four.

OUDoc
2/15/2006, 09:23 AM
If I'm following behind you for 10 miles in the left hand lane and I finally decide you aren't going to let me by, don't **** me off by getting out of the left lane the minute I go around you. Let the next guy enjoy your "rolling roadblock" game too.

Boomer.....
2/15/2006, 09:27 AM
Don't almost make a complete stop before turning right on a green light.

Soonrboy
2/15/2006, 09:38 AM
Look in your rearview mirror to see if you are stacking up traffic. If you are, get the **** over.

Howzit
2/15/2006, 09:40 AM
Don't drive by a long line of cars waiting for a right turn, put your blinker on, and pull up slightly ahead of me expecting me to let you in. Ain't happenin'.

fadada1
2/15/2006, 09:45 AM
If I'm following behind you for 10 miles in the left hand lane and I finally decide you aren't going to let me by, don't **** me off by getting out of the left lane the minute I go around you. Let the next guy enjoy your "rolling roadblock" game too.
[yosimite sam] ooooooooooooooooooo, i HATE that!!!!!![yosimite sam]

Taxman71
2/15/2006, 10:20 AM
Don't drive by a long line of cars waiting for a right turn, put your blinker on, and pull up slightly ahead of me expecting me to let you in. Ain't happenin'.

Sounds like you have made the morning drive to OKC from Norman on I-35. Gotta love the drivers who speed to the deadend in the left lane then think they can cut over and save 10 minutes. Sorry, I am willing to take a fender bender for that one missy.

Howzit
2/15/2006, 10:22 AM
Sounds like you have made the morning drive to OKC from Norman on I-35. Gotta love the drivers who speed to the deadend in the left lane then think they can cut over and save 10 minutes. Sorry, I am willing to take a fender bender for that one missy.

Dallas. And that is definitely a pet peeve of mine...

frankensooner
2/15/2006, 10:28 AM
You know the dang lane ends, and guess what, I don't care if you are late...

I also hate when people don't cover their dang mouth when they are coughing.

And when you use the facilities, wash up.

fadada1
2/15/2006, 10:37 AM
stop peein' on yer hands, ya hillbilly.

Taxman71
2/15/2006, 10:39 AM
I wash my hands before I touch my johnson - Don King

handcrafted
2/15/2006, 11:21 AM
You know the dang lane ends, and guess what, I don't care if you are late...

I also hate when people don't cover their dang mouth when they are coughing.

I'll add flush, and don't poop on the seat. Some people in my building apparently have a problem with that.

fadada1
2/15/2006, 11:23 AM
...and don't poop on the seat.
i've never understood this.:mad:

Skysooner
2/15/2006, 11:58 AM
* If you are old enough to have grandchildren, do not buy an Aztek, Vibe or any other hip smallish SUV/car. You don't look cool, you look ridiculous.

This is an annoyance to you and not a "rule". If I have the money, I'm going to buy what I want to not that I'm anywhere near grandfather age.

Also as to the passing, I generally let faster traffic pass by moving over, but when somebody is cutting in and out of traffic and making it not safe for everyone, I'm going to prevent them potentially cutting me off and causing an accident. This is generally a problem in rush hour traffic.

47straight
2/15/2006, 12:05 PM
If you're at a buffet line, soda machine, etc - don't hog up the entire space, move your *** to 1 side, so that others get in there too and speed up the process.

SoonerBorn68
2/15/2006, 12:08 PM
If I read your pansy assed bumper sticker and flip you off when I pass, don't get mad, just feel good I didn't set the F-250 for ramming speed and make you a pedestrian.

mdklatt
2/15/2006, 12:09 PM
Fill out the damn depost slip before you get to the front of line.

Fill out everything but the amount of the check before you get to the front of the line...wait, screw that. Two words: bank card.

Use the left turn signal at Elm and Boyd and take Cruce over to Chatauqua instead of blocking rush-hour traffic by trying to turn left at Chatauqua and Boyd.

(I so do not want to move back into the Energy Center.)

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 12:14 PM
When there is a sign saying you should merge, just merge then. Going all the way down to the end and then guilting some soccer mom into letting you in is quite possibly the meanest thing to do on the road. I honestly go out of my way to screw people like that over, and cheer loudly for semis when they take up both lanes so people have to merge.

yermom
2/15/2006, 12:17 PM
I'll add flush, and don't poop on the seat. Some people in my building apparently have a problem with that.

wow, that must be fun working with mdk

mdklatt
2/15/2006, 12:17 PM
When there is a sign saying you should merge, just merge then...

...but only if the merge sign is reasonably close to where the lane ends. If the merge sign is five miles from where the lane ends you're just wasting highway capacity by merging too soon.

yermom
2/15/2006, 12:19 PM
the key is to find the hole, not to wait for someone to let you in

you always ask why you need 300 hp?

THIS is why ;)

SoonerBorn68
2/15/2006, 12:22 PM
Oh, and Texas, invest in some yeild signs! ;)

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 12:24 PM
...but only if the merge sign is reasonably close to where the lane ends. If the merge sign is five miles from where the lane ends you're just wasting highway capacity by merging too soon.

Well, yeah. I guess in that case you have to yell at the construction workers that put signs up for nothing, or leave cones blocking lanes when all the work is done/has yet to be started.

OUAndy1807
2/15/2006, 12:40 PM
Well, yeah. I guess in that case you have to yell at the construction workers that put signs up for nothing, or leave cones blocking lanes when all the work is done/has yet to be started.
Those things are specified by the engineers that design the reconstruction.

Taxman71
2/15/2006, 12:41 PM
My biggest complaint about Norman drivers, when both lanes are empty and you are going straight through an intersection, get in the MIDDLE/LEFT LANE and leave the right lane for those of us who want to turn RIGHT. I do not want to watch you look in your mirror for the 5 minutes it takes for the light to turn green would I could have been halfway home/work by now. 99% of the offenders of this rule are female, I'm just saying.

OUAndy1807
2/15/2006, 12:44 PM
focus guys. also, these don't just have to be driving rules.

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 12:52 PM
Those things are specified by the engineers that design the reconstruction.

Setting out cones that block half the lanes of a busy highway two months before surveyors even come out is part of the engineer's design? That's one bleeping stupid engineer. :D

Oh. Can we get into bathroom rules? Like no eye contact or no talking? Stall use, etc?

mdklatt
2/15/2006, 12:55 PM
Oh. Can we get into bathroom rules? Like no eye contact or no talking? Stall use, etc?

Oh hell yes, and I'll print it out and post in the bathrooms in my office building.

royalfan5
2/15/2006, 12:57 PM
I hate people who stand in doorways. You need to know where you are going before you get in the doorway. It isn't hard.

OUDoc
2/15/2006, 12:59 PM
you always ask why you need 300 hp?

Amateur. ;)
:D

Skysooner
2/15/2006, 01:51 PM
Ladies-When you ask us whether you look fat in that and we say "No". We mean NO. We don't mean why don't you put something else on. We don't mean we would be hitting anything else if it was just skinnier than your fat a**. We don't want you to go into a hissy fit about how you should lose weight and that if you eat anymore we are going to leave you. We just mean NO. That is all.

yermom
2/15/2006, 01:54 PM
Oh hell yes, and I'll print it out and post in the bathrooms in my office building.

they kinda tried that here :D

http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/1802/picture64uz.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

yermom
2/15/2006, 01:55 PM
Ladies-When you ask us whether you look fat in that and we say "No". We mean NO. We don't mean why don't you put something else on. We don't mean we would be hitting anything else if it was just skinnier than your fat a**. We don't want you to go into a hissy fit about how you should lose weight and that if you eat anymore we are going to leave you. We just mean NO. That is all.

how about just not asking us that question at all ;)

Pricetag
2/15/2006, 02:02 PM
It's the freaking squatters who are paranoid to sit down that do that. They create the very problem they are so scared of. If everyone would just sit their *** down on the seat to do their business, we wouldn't see that problem.

yermom
2/15/2006, 02:03 PM
i think "hover" is the word you are looking for :D

mdklatt
2/15/2006, 03:31 PM
NEW RULE ALERT!

No grunting and labored breathing while you are using a public urinal.

soonercody
2/15/2006, 03:40 PM
Some basic rules from recent news:

Don't drink and drive.
Look before you shoot.

soonerscuba
2/15/2006, 03:41 PM
No grunting and labored breathing while you are using a public urinal.

:mad:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/15/2006, 04:03 PM
after you use the urinal, do not immediately walk over to the sink, cup your hands, and get a drink. i so hate microsoft...

yermom
2/15/2006, 04:12 PM
after you use the urinal, do not immediately walk over to the sink, cup your hands, and get a drink. i so hate microsoft...

hey, at least they are kinda washing them

mdklatt
2/15/2006, 04:14 PM

1) O. M. G.

2) Don't you have drinking fountains there?

3) I know you work there, but what does this have to do with Microsoft?

SOONER44EVER
2/15/2006, 04:31 PM
If you're ordering a hamburger or some kind of food at Sonic don't do it at the drive up window. Pull into one of the stalls and order there. Let the people who only want a coke or something fast use the drive up window.

If you are in a hurry at the carwash don't get behind me and then get mad when I tell you its gonna take a while.

When parking park in between the 2 lines not across them.

handcrafted
2/15/2006, 04:47 PM
It seems like, no matter what our other differences, mdklatt and I can agree on bathroom etiquette. :D

handcrafted
2/15/2006, 04:49 PM
One of my "co-workers" started talking to me the other day while they were in the next stall, and I was in mid-dump. And I do mean mid-dump.

I just about throttled him when I got out. :mad:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/15/2006, 04:54 PM
1) O. M. G.

2) Don't you have drinking fountains there?

3) I know you work there, but what does this have to do with Microsoft?

1) oh, the stories i could tell. there is one guy that shakes at the urinal for 5 minutes. another guy (preset: there are two urinals) who will walk up and put an arm on each of the people at the urinals and ask them how they are doing. then there is open stall guy who wants to talk to everyone, blow his nose on the mirror guy, "how you doin'" rainbow guy, the guy who growls at the urinal, etc.

i'm literally scared to go to the restroom at work...

the problem is there isn't anywhere on campus you are safe from this

2) free pop, free beer, free purified water, free coffee, free tea, free starbucks, etc.

3) it has to do with the fellers from a certain sub-asian continent. microsoft seems to promote their native behavior.

mdklatt
2/15/2006, 05:46 PM
1) oh, the stories i could tell.

There is a high proportion of software engineers in my office building, and a similar incidence of shenanigans it sounds like. Coinicidence?

OKC Sooner
2/15/2006, 06:14 PM
If you're driving down the street and see a friend driving the other way, please do NOT stop, roll down your windows and chat a while. Blocking a public street is just rude.

BoogercountySooner
2/15/2006, 06:44 PM
Fill out the damn depost slip before you get to the front of line.

Fill out everything but the amount of the check before you get to the front of the line...wait, screw that. Two words: bank card.

Use the left turn signal at Elm and Boyd and take Cruce over to Chatauqua instead of blocking rush-hour traffic by trying to turn left at Chatauqua and Boyd.

(I so do not want to move back into the Energy Center.)

Get direct deposit!

Tailwind
2/15/2006, 07:59 PM
Cell phones. If you must talk on your cell in public go outside. Do not hold up the line at the grocery store, or when checking in at a hotel.

sanantoniosooner
2/15/2006, 08:28 PM
Don't shake my hand if you have a pubic hair under your fingernail.

Spray
2/15/2006, 08:35 PM
Before entering an elevator, let those on the elevator exit first.

Spray
2/15/2006, 08:37 PM
If you get ketchup and Arby's sauce all over the self-serve counter, please just pick up a napkin and clean up after yourself. Slob.

Spray
2/15/2006, 08:39 PM
If someone is trying to change lanes, and hasn't pulled one of the jackass moves described above- LET THEM OVER!

Spray
2/15/2006, 08:40 PM
Kill them with kindness.

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 08:42 PM
Kill them with knives.

Sage advice right here, folks.

BudSooner
2/15/2006, 09:05 PM
I thought this was a Monster Garage thread.

"The rules-
The Coach must not appear to be drunk, you have a minimum of 15 minutes to get to the airport without killing yourself or passengers, if you succeed in doing so- you win a shot at not being the laughingstock of the Big XII....
The DRINKS START NOW!"

Jerk
2/15/2006, 09:17 PM
From a semi-driver

Next person I wave through a stop sign...if they don't wave back, I'm going to pop the clutch and t-bone them.

If you're merging on a freeway, and a semi moves to the left lane to let you out, LET HIM BACK IN THE RIGHT LANE! He aint trying to race, he's just trying to keep his momentum.

If I get in the right lane to let you by me, for the love of God, don't jack around, GO, DAMNIT!!!

I run hills hard. I go 80mph+ before I get to the Sapulpa hill. Sorry I'm going 55mph at the top. It's nothing personal.

Set the cruise and pick a speed on the interstate.

Stoop Dawg
2/16/2006, 12:07 AM

Any merging before the lane ends is a waste of highway capacity. The only reason to merge early is so you can do it "at speed". If traffic is already stopped, then all merging early does is create an even longer traffic jam. "Hey, the left lane ends 30 miles down the road, everyone drive in the right lane from now on!" Moronic.

sanantoniosooner
2/16/2006, 01:07 AM
Any merging before the lane ends is a waste of highway capacity. The only reason to merge early is so you can do it "at speed". If traffic is already stopped, then all merging early does is create an even longer traffic jam. "Hey, the left lane ends 30 miles down the road, everyone drive in the right lane from now on!" Moronic.
In other words, you like to zoom up as far as possible, and if some A-hole that's been in the other lane waiting patiently doesn't let you over where you want you will express your displeasure at him.

Is that it?:D

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 10:36 AM
Clean out your own lint at the laundromat.

sanantoniosooner
2/16/2006, 10:51 AM
Clean out your own lint at the laundromat.
Have you seen the people that frequent those places?

I don't think I care to see someone fishing lint out of their naval in public.