PDA

View Full Version : Vince WILL NOT throw

tennsooner
2/15/2006, 06:56 AM
According to Fox sports that I listen to on the drive to work .This agent has announced that due to him being unfamilar with the receivers Vince won't be throwing at the NFL combines. This is just too funny. :D :D :D

soonerlaw
2/15/2006, 09:49 AM
He's also got Joe Jamail reviewing his contracts for free.

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/15/2006, 10:03 AM
SHOCKING

jk the sooner fan
2/15/2006, 10:05 AM
if i were him, i wouldnt either.....after his last 2 rose bowl performances, from a strict money perspective, the only thing he could do at the combine is worsen his position in the draft order

XingTheRubicon
2/15/2006, 10:22 AM
Probably a pretty good idea considering he can't throw a 30 yard out.......

those are pretty important in the NFL, or so I'm told.

TexasLidig8r
2/15/2006, 10:28 AM

those are pretty important in the NFL, or so I'm told.

Of course, that also comes from a person who said Vince will never start one NFL game resulting in a win for that team. :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
2/15/2006, 10:30 AM
there's no guarantee of him starting anywhere....he's not the most accurate passer, his arm is going to be a liability when he gets to the pro's...

he could turn out to be a very good NFL QB but its certainly no guarantee

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2006, 10:40 AM
Funny that this quip on google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Vince+young%27s+agent)

Young's agent says QB will throw at NFL combine
AUSTIN — Former Texas quarterback Vince Young will throw and meet with teams at
next month's NFL combine, but won't run or lift weights, his agent said ...

doen't exist on the Statesman website anymore ;)

but it does here on ESPN:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2308901

Wonder what changed in 3 weeks?

Also, why is he using an agent that has only done one NFL contract before? First Master P, then this guy. ;)

JLB
2/15/2006, 11:01 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: ,I'm so shocked.Why would an owner invest millions of dollars
in a "QB" who isnt going to showcase his "TALENTS" at the NFL combine.
Vince \Young is the next Andre Ware or worse the next Michael Vick.:mack:

TexasLidig8r
2/15/2006, 11:07 AM
Who knows how Vince will do in the pros? He may be a bust. He may be a career back up. He may be a starter for years. He may be an all pro.

When quarterbacks of the ilk of Trent Dilfer, Rex Grossman, Joey Harrington, and Kyle Boller can stay in the league though... :rolleyes:

Vince is a winner. He has certain intangibles that very few QBs have... He leads teams to wins.. big wins.

If I had a Dime for every time someone on this site said Texas was a one man team last year and will lose 4 games this next year without Vince (and who knows, we may)...

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 11:39 AM
Vince has learned from his days in Austin not to toss to guys he doesn't know without some sort of protection.

NTTAWW... no, there's a lot wrong with that. :D

soonerlaw
2/15/2006, 11:43 AM
Lidig8r, you may be able to help me on this one, but I remember hearing that Vince was on some gimmicky QB challenge on TV. He got beat out by some other QB's in distance and accuracy, but he won challenge of throwing on the run. That may have played some in the decision for the combines.

Aslo, I can't say how successful he will be in the NFL, but I have to admit that he does have alot of intangibles and a drive to win, and he will give it his all instead of just going out each week and collecting a paycheck.

Big Red Ron
2/15/2006, 11:49 AM
quarterbacks of the ilk of Trent Dilfer..If he has HALF as good of a career as Trent's, I'll be surprised.

Vince is a frickin moron for going but not throwing. This only highlights his weakness.

He should have not gone at all. Most sure fire top five picks don't go. Maybe he's slipping down the draft board?

Next he'll say, "I'm going to the combine but I'n not going to pass or take the Wunderlich test." That should be fun too.

soonerlaw
2/15/2006, 11:54 AM
On a similar note, does anybody know if Matt Lienhart is going to participate fully in the combines?

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2006, 11:55 AM
Lidig8r, you may be able to help me on this one, but I remember hearing that Vince was on some gimmicky QB challenge on TV. He got beat out by some other QB's in distance and accuracy, but he won challenge of throwing on the run. That may have played some in the decision for the combines.

Aslo, I can't say how successful he will be in the NFL, but I have to admit that he does have alot of intangibles and a drive to win, and he will give it his all instead of just going out each week and collecting a paycheck.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=60333

Big Red Ron
2/15/2006, 12:03 PM
Young's handlers aren't handling their business

He was the first player on the field, standing tall, smiling wide and clowning around as he always does. Now the key question: Why was he even there?
Why was Vince Young, the hottest football player on the planet, participating in a cheesy made-for-television "all-star challenge" in Miami? Why would a player who has nothing to gain and everything to lose as a top draft prospect be part of an informal workout -- because that's what it was -- in an environment over which he had no control?
"I've been working out at home really hard, and I needed a break," Young says.
OAS_AD("TopRight")Fine. Go to the Bahamas. Go to Europe. Go anywhere but to some skills challenge that exposes weaknesses to Texans owner Bob McNair -- the guy debating whether to spend millions on you -- and his personnel department.
"I wouldn't have him anywhere near here," one agent said through the glare of the South Florida sun.
Meanwhile, Young's agent, Major Adams, a friend of the Young family and not as -- what's a nice way to say this? -- experienced as some other agents, declares, "If you have nothing to hide, why hide?"
Well, here's why: Young was set up to fail in this event. And when it was over, he hadn't shown nearly the accuracy of UCLA's Drew Olson or Alabama's Brodie Croyle. He looked on par with Clemson's Charlie Whitehurst -- who still is recovering from shoulder surgery. There's a reason colleges have pro days, when pro scouts come to campuses to watch players work out in their environment, throw to their teammates and, more than anything, perform in their comfort zone.
At one point in the skills competition, the four QBs were paired with pass catchers. Young was paired with Memphis running back DeAngelo Williams, the only nonreceiver in the group, and the two didn't connect on three of five passes.
There also was a deep throwing test in which quarterbacks were asked to throw the ball as far as they could while keeping the ball between the hash marks. Young scratched to the right on his first two attempts. Before the third throw, Adams yelled, "Aim it this way (left)." I'm not sure if he was joking or serious, but the third throw hit the right hash mark barrier. There is too much riding on Young's future -- he wants to play for his hometown Texans, who would have to give up on former No. 1 overall pick David Carr to pull the trigger on Young -- to noodle around in Miami for a measly appearance fee. His management team had better tighten up and get a grip on what's best for its client.
Young says he will work out at the NFL Scouting Combine but won't lift or run. He'll follow the same plan at his pro day in late March in Austin. The goal, he says, is to focus on throwing and eliminate any doubt about his funky mechanics or accuracy. I have no doubt about Young's ability to throw. His ability to choose a competent management team is another story

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2006, 12:11 PM
My favorite quote from his genious agent:

Meanwhile, Young's agent, Major Adams, a friend of the Young family and not as -- what's a nice way to say this? -- experienced as some other agents, declares, "If you have nothing to hide, why hide?"

soonerjoker
2/15/2006, 12:19 PM
did you see the photo of him with Prez. Bush. ??

no tie, what a slob !!!

Jason White's Third Knee
2/15/2006, 12:28 PM
If I was VY, all I'd be saying is, "Damn, I lost the all-star challenge? Ya'll catch the Rose Bowl this year?"

Who gives a **** if Brody Croyle beats him throwing at golf carts with targets painted on them?

VY tore some **** up this year, and he is going to be one of the NFL's best rookie receivers... I mean qb's.

soonerlaw
2/15/2006, 12:35 PM
did you see the photo of him with Prez. Bush. ??

no tie, what a slob !!!

Maybe he thought he was meeting Reggie Bush.

Tear Down This Wall
2/15/2006, 12:43 PM
I watched the skills thing he was in and it was pretty funny. On the throwing distance deal, you just had to throw the ball straight. There were some barriers set about twenty yards apart to create a middle area where the ball had to land to qualify. The QBs got three chances to throw. Only one of Vince's three attempts landed in the qualifying area.

I'll say this again and again because it's worth repeating - to win championship, you need luck to go along with skill. Texas had skill, but even more luck this year. Three points:

(1) An Ohio State tight end drops a TD pass that hits him in the chest. Texas has to rally to win in the fourth quarter.

(2) Against OU, Young throws dead duck bombs that used to get intercepted or knocked down by the likes of Derrick Strait, Antonio Perkins, Donte Nicholson, and Brodney Pool. Last year, with tailback D.J. Wolfe playing corner and linebacker Lewis Baker playing safety, OU had a ton of busted coverages that led to Longhorn TDs.

(3) Fumbles McScramble and crew still fumbled alot in 2005, but recovered more of their own than in past seasons. The 'Horns fumbled 35 times in 2005, 12 more than in 2004, but only lost nine of those.

Since Fumbles can't throw the ball straight, it'll be interesting to see the interceptions and fumbles pile up as he wings the ball up to defenders who can actually play their positions while being chased by defensive ends and linebackers who are as fast as the average collegiate tailback.

RacerX
2/15/2006, 12:53 PM
So what if Vince has trouble adjusting to the earth spinning on its axis?

The Consumate Showman
2/15/2006, 12:54 PM
typical......VY can't throw the ball accurately and he knows it. I'll take Lineart WAYYYY before I take VY int he pros. Yeah, VY was good in college, but he is all too reminiscent of another QB OU faced a few years ago int he Cotton Bowl.......Matt Jones. You have to admit, Matt was a good QB and if he had the same OL, RB's, WR's, and D that Saxet had this year, I would bet good $$$$$ that Matt Jones would be leading UT to a MNC, too.

Just sayin' Saxet fans............

Jason White's Third Knee
2/15/2006, 01:00 PM
I saw Jason White in that same all-star challenge last year. He got whipped. It was pretty embarrasing. I still love the kid though.

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 01:00 PM
It was windy. The wind affected his throw.

Herr Scholz
2/15/2006, 01:59 PM
(1) An Ohio State tight end drops a TD pass that hits him in the chest. Texas has to rally to win in the fourth quarter.
Our LB Drew Kelson dropped a pick right in his hands on their 20 in the first half that would have gone for 7. We scored a TD at the end of the game that they disallowed and didn't review. Breaks went both ways and the better team won.

(2) Against OU, Young throws dead duck bombs that used to get intercepted or knocked down by the likes of Derrick Strait, Antonio Perkins, Donte Nicholson, and Brodney Pool. Last year, with tailback D.J. Wolfe playing corner and linebacker Lewis Baker playing safety, OU had a ton of busted coverages that led to Longhorn TDs.
So, it's Vince's fault that he took advantage of your coverage mistakes? That's a negative? You sound like the mealy mouthed Mack Brown after Stoops beat him for the first time, not giving credit to the deservingly victorious team.

BTW, VY threw for 3,000 yards this past season. To say he can't throw is beyond ridiculous. He won the Ohio State game with his arm.

(3) Fumbles McScramble and crew still fumbled alot in 2005, but recovered more of their own than in past seasons. The 'Horns fumbled 35 times in 2005, 12 more than in 2004, but only lost nine of those.
So? We were athletic enough to get on the ball. And 'FM' threw for 3K and ran for 1K this season, the first QB in the history of the game to do that (that includes any OU QB). Heck, nobody else has even thrown for 2.5K and run for 1K.

Since Fumbles can't throw the ball straight...
He threw for 3K yards with his feet? He was a consensus AP All American, Maxwell Award winner, O'brien Award winner, Two time Rose Bowl MVP, Heisman Runner Up, National Champion who couldn't throw straight? Beyond ridiculous.

Octavian
2/15/2006, 02:09 PM
...VY threw for 3,000 yards this past season. To say he can't throw is beyond ridiculous. He won the Ohio State game with his arm.....He threw for 3K yards with his feet?...Beyond ridiculous.

Good points. So are you now ready to say I was right not to include VY in the greatest of all-time "running quarterbacks" list, which would be dominated by OU and Nebraska option qb's?

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2006, 02:11 PM
I don't give a **** what he did in college. His career there is over.

All I want to know is why was his kick *** "agent" saying 3 weeks ago he was gonna throw at the combine, now he's just gonna talk?

slickdawg
2/15/2006, 02:18 PM
Vince Young will be a quicker-footed Daunte Culpepper, or close to it.

Herr Scholz
2/15/2006, 02:27 PM
Good points. So are you now ready to say I was right not to include VY in the greatest of all-time "running quarterbacks" list, which would be dominated by OU and Nebraska option qb's?
I will admit that you think that. ;)

I think Vince has always been able to run well (Rose Bowl vs. Michigan). He just became a more well rounded QB this year by understanding what defenses were doing to him because he spent more time in the film room. He knew where to go with the ball every time this year. And he's always had the arm strength. He'll need to work a little bit on his accuracy.

Herr Scholz
2/15/2006, 02:29 PM
All I want to know is why was his kick *** "agent" saying 3 weeks ago he was gonna throw at the combine, now he's just gonna talk?
Friend of the family. At least Joe Jamail is going to review the contract before Vince signs it (to avoid another Master P situation).

Luthor
2/15/2006, 02:29 PM
Who knows how Vince will do in the pros? He may be a bust. He may be a career back up. He may be a starter for years. He may be an all pro.

When quarterbacks of the ilk of Trent Dilfer, Rex Grossman, Joey Harrington, and Kyle Boller can stay in the league though... :rolleyes:

Vince is a winner. He has certain intangibles that very few QBs have... He leads teams to wins.. big wins.

If I had a Dime for every time someone on this site said Texas was a one man team last year and will lose 4 games this next year without Vince (and who knows, we may)...

I know that I wouldn't mind being the perrenial back-up myself. Terry Hanratti (whom very few if any on this board ever heard of) is still wearing around his umteen super bowl rings from the 70's era Steelers as Bradshaw's clipboard toter. I don't think the man ever played for another team during his entire career and I don't think he ever started a game.

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 02:30 PM
He'll need to work a little bit on his accuracy.

So does Cheney. :rolleyes:

TexasLidig8r
2/15/2006, 02:33 PM
And former Notre Damer...

http://www.onlinesports.com/images/hcs-1184.jpg

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2006, 02:36 PM
Friend of the family. At least Joe Jamail is going to review the contract before Vince signs it (to avoid another Master P situation).

I understand a friend of the family, but this is the NFL. The biggest decision ever. He should have somebody that has a lot more expreience in it.

I heard Leinhart got Lee Steinberg, the same agent that Troy Aikman, Drew Bledsoe, Big Ben and Steve Young have/had. I think I would have gone that way, especially with what happened with Ricky.

Herr Scholz
2/15/2006, 02:56 PM
I understand a friend of the family, but this is the NFL. The biggest decision ever. He should have somebody that has a lot more expreience in it.

I heard Leinhart got Lee Steinberg, the same agent that Troy Aikman, Drew Bledsoe, Big Ben and Steve Young have/had. I think I would have gone that way, especially with what happened with Ricky.
Totally agree. Also, VY's uncle is his his business manager. Already messed up by not bringing Vince a suit to wear at the White House (VY went straight from somewhere else and had asked him to bring him a suit). 'Team Vince' isn't off to auspicious start.

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2006, 02:59 PM
Totally agree. Also, VY's uncle is his his business manager. Already messed up by not bringing Vince a suit to wear at the White House (VY went straight from somewhere else and had asked him to bring him a suit). 'Team Vince' isn't off to auspicious start.

"You're only as good as the people that represent you"

I'm sure it's tough for him to say no to those people, but he need to tell them to sit back, take a check, and let the professionals handle this. That's why they're there.

soonerlaw
2/15/2006, 03:22 PM
Hopefully Joe Jamail will bring some credibility.

On another note, here is a clip from the Houston Chronicle.

President George Bush called out his name, but strangely, the outgoing Vince Young seemed to be hiding behind the other Texas players. Unlike his teammates, Young wasn't wearing a suit and tie for their visit to the White House. "He was supposed to bring it," Mack Brown explained. "Forgot."

Tear Down This Wall
2/15/2006, 03:29 PM
Earth to Herr: Vince was 1-2 in games against OU. The only decent game he had was this year when Stoops ran out a tailback at corner and a linebacker at safety.

Look, you need to get ready for the truth to play out in the NFL - if you can't learn the playbook and execute it, you won't go far as a QB. Vince didn't excel at UT until he told Mack and Greg he wanted to do his own thing and "stop making me learn the playbook."

Remember, the 2004 Sooners shut out Vince Young when Mack and Greg were still making him try to go by the book. You throw away the playbook in the NFL and you get Michael Vick - a good marketing tool who can't stay healthy or get his team to the playoffs.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/15/2006, 03:42 PM
Is there absolutely NO stores in D.C.....would have taken about two minutes? Just saying do you want a guy who wouldn't think of this quarterbacking your team. I just wonder if Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, and Roy Williams are just going to slide off of him in the pro's ;)

Herr Scholz
2/15/2006, 04:32 PM
Look, you need to get ready for the truth to play out in the NFL - if you can't learn the playbook and execute it, you won't go far as a QB. Vince didn't excel at UT until he told Mack and Greg he wanted to do his own thing and "stop making me learn the playbook."

Not what happened at all no matter how many times you say it.

Vince improved this season due to coaching, from 6:00 film sessions with Greg Davis. The difference this year came from knowing exactly what to do with the ball every time (and he did). The physical skills were always there.

Mack's comment about 'not bothering him' had to do with not being so anal about everything, letting Vince cut up and dance or whatever, letting him be himself. Had nothing to do with coaching him less. In fact, the opposite was true.

I know you want to believe that our whole team left with Vince and that Mack and Greg can't coach a lick. I think you'll find out that isn't true at all. I think you and many have extrapolated Chris Simms' inability to play when it counted into a false generalization of our coaching staff.

Octavian
2/15/2006, 05:00 PM
I will admit that you think that. ;)

not exactly what I was hoping for but I think ya get it ;)

Tear Down This Wall
2/16/2006, 11:43 AM
No, Herr. Chris Simms was drafted by a team with a guy proven at getting excellent play from average QBs - Jon Gruden. Simms had all of the tools to be a star in college, but had a couple of empty-headed coaches that had him throwing four-yard outs to a bunch of overrated receivers.

Young is in a different category altogether than Simms. Simms has the ability to learn. Young will be lost trying to learn a pro play book.

Like Vick, Young will try to fake it, and subsequently be injured when NFL-speed DEs and LBs pound him when he continually leaves the pocket. He'll be a marketing tool for the NFL, like Vick, but not much else.

TexasLidig8r
2/16/2006, 12:01 PM
Young is in a different category altogether than Simms. Simms has the ability to learn. Young will be lost trying to learn a pro play book.

Yes.. it is most unfortunate that Vince did not develop at all while at the 40 Acres.. he didn't improve his throwing accuracy, his reads on defense, his ability to pick apart a defense.. it is unfortunate that his passing statistics and touchdown to interception ratio did not improve during his UT career. :rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
2/16/2006, 12:06 PM
Yes.. it is most unfortunate that Vince did not develop at all while at the 40 Acres.. he didn't improve his college throwing accuracy, his reads on college defenses, his ability to pick apart a college defense.. it is unfortunate that his passing statistics and touchdown to interception ratio did not improve during his UT career. :rolleyes:

Fixed.

NFL is a different ballgame. We all know he got better. What he's saying is he doesn't think he'll have the ability to learn an NFL playbook, not that he didn't learn in college.

Tear Down This Wall
2/16/2006, 12:44 PM
Ever since Michael Vick, we've been hearing about the "new breed of NFL QB." Yet, the Super Bowl winners and participants continue to be guys who stand in the pocket and execute the game plan with the fewest mistakes. At the NFL level, QBs can't outrun DEs and LBs (and strong safeties) enough to throw away a game plan. Vince Young is Michael Vick II, a jersey seller for the NFL.

TexasLidig8r
2/16/2006, 01:20 PM
Ever since Michael Vick, we've been hearing about the "new breed of NFL QB." Yet, the Super Bowl winners and participants continue to be guys who stand in the pocket and execute the game plan with the fewest mistakes. At the NFL level, QBs can't outrun DEs and LBs (and strong safeties) enough to throw away a game plan. Vince Young is Michael Vick II, a jersey seller for the NFL.

:rolleyes:

Yeah right.. quarterbacks who could run have never done well in the pros.. Not Fran Tarkenton... Not Roger Staubach.. failures.. all!

You did point out one very salient point... "fewest mistakes." Vince has shown the ability to work, the ability to study game film which resulted in a vast improvement, including, having a touchdown to interception ratio for the most part, equal to the Next Big Thing, Matt Leinart this past year.

First, the cry was.. "Vince will never amount to anything."
Then, the cry was.. "Vince will only be a wide receiver."
Then.. "Vince can't throw."

Now.. it's Vince will only be a "jersey seller."

Geez laweez, is it so friggin' hard to admit that Vince has developed a hell of a lot more than anyone on this site ever expected and if his capacity to learn is even a small percentage of what his heart and his ability to win big games is, he could excel much more than anyone expects?

Most people's views on Vince would be comparable to a Texas fan saying, "Peterson isn't that special... He didn't develop at all his sophomore year... and he won't excel in the pros."

Herr Scholz
2/16/2006, 02:05 PM
No, Herr. Chris Simms was drafted by a team with a guy proven at getting excellent play from average QBs - Jon Gruden.
What did Simms do in the playoffs this season? Picks, fumbles, staring down receivers, balls batted down at the LOS... Seems like the same stuff to me.

Simms had all of the tools to be a star in college, but had a couple of empty-headed coaches that had him throwing four-yard outs to a bunch of overrated receivers.
Our coaches developed Applewhite, Mock and VY just fine. Like I said, you want to overgeneralize Simms' mistakes.

slickdawg
2/16/2006, 02:21 PM
Earth to Herr: Vince was 1-2 in games against OU. The only decent game he had was this year when Stoops ran out a tailback at corner and a linebacker at safety.

Remember, the 2004 Sooners shut out Vince Young when Mack and Greg were still making him try to go by the book. You throw away the playbook in the NFL and you get Michael Vick - a good marketing tool who can't stay healthy or get his team to the playoffs.

That sounds about right.

Does Young have any younger brothers? Maybe we'll have Marcus Vick-Young in a few years.

colleyvillesooner
2/16/2006, 02:30 PM
:rolleyes:

Yeah right.. quarterbacks who could run have never done well in the pros.. Not Fran Tarkenton... Not Roger Staubach.. failures.. all!

Dude, save that weak **** for Hornfans.com

Roger Staubauch had 2264 yards rushing, in 11 seasons. That's 226 yards a season or 17 yards a game. (2 rushing TD's a season)
I'm throwing out 1972 when he only played in 4 games.

Fran Tarketon had 3674 yards rushing in 18 seasons. That's 204 a season, or 15 a game. (1.75 Rushing TD's/season)

You're not gonna find alot of Pro-Vince (no pun intended) people here. So quit rolling your eyes and deal with it. He improved remarkably in COLLEGE, but most here don't think he'll be a great QB in the pro's. Only time will tell.

Stupid Whorn ;)

fadada1
2/16/2006, 02:45 PM
Vince improved this season due to coaching
i fail to see how "letting vince run free" was effective coaching. to me, that says, "this kid can't learn, but he's a hell of an athlete (which he is). so we can let him ad-lib OR we coach him. coaching him hasn't worked, so maybe we let him go."

THAT, is not good coaching. the next QB at texas may not have the athletic skills. case in point... chris simms.

Herr Scholz
2/16/2006, 02:50 PM
i fail to see how "letting vince run free" was effective coaching.
Vince throwing for 3,000 yards was "letting vince run free"? No coaching involved there? Hmmm. Again, he threw for 3K and ran for 1K, not the other way around.

You're obviously not going to give our coaches any credit for VY's development. What about Applewhite's? Would you not agree that he overachieved at Texas given his pedestrian athleticism?

1stTimeCaller
2/16/2006, 02:56 PM
Applewhite wasn't good enough to beat out Simms for the position his senior year. I'd say that he regressed.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/16/2006, 04:11 PM
No Applewhite was kind of llike Josh Heupel, one tough hombre who didn't like letting his team lose...Mack went for profile over substance. Vince Young is going to have serious issues regardless and I think him not throwing might be beneficial in that he will be drafted lower by a team that perhaps has some weapons he can utilize. He will get killed in the NFL if he has to shoulder the whole burden. Look what happened when Brett Favre had to shoulder his whole team. I think even the more orange colored glasses will admit that Brett Favre can throw the ball about 100 times better than Vince. No can doubt Favre's leadership or toughness either. I am just saying if he gets in the right situation, he would be a rich man's Randall Cunningham, if he gets in the wrong situation, he will be a poor man's Andre Ware.

cowboys70
2/16/2006, 04:14 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah... Mack doesn't know how to coach qb's. That is why his last three qb's ended up: an OC, a starter in the playoffs, and a likely top 3 in the draft. Meanwhile, Stoops are: a qb coach, a sometimes qb on a practice squad, and a homebody in Tuttle.

Big Red Ron
2/16/2006, 04:24 PM
Meanwhile, Stoops are: a qb coach, and a homebody in Tuttle.QB coach at OU>OC for crappy little directional School, and that "homebody" has a Heisman Trophey and is three Knee surguries away from top NFL draft pick. Injuries happen, I hope Vince the best of health.

fadada1
2/16/2006, 04:24 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah... Mack doesn't know how to coach qb's. That is why his last three qb's ended up: an OC, a starter in the playoffs, and a likely top 3 in the draft. Meanwhile, Stoops are: a qb coach, a sometimes qb on a practice squad, and a homebody in Tuttle.
fill your stadium up before you talk smack about any of OU's or texas' players. hell, we're just giving the horns a little ribbing. we know vince was a pretty good college quarterback. mack's worst day of coaching is still better than gundy's best day will ever be.

Octavian
2/16/2006, 04:26 PM
someone just brought a butter knife to a gun fight :rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/16/2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah that is weak smack, Vince Young will be good because Jason White isn't a Pro QB!!! Remember Texas fans still say Tommie Harris is overrated..remember out of high school will never amount to anything. Out of college will never be a contributor...to yeah he is all Pro but he isn't that good of an ALL-PRO

TexasLidig8r
2/16/2006, 04:28 PM
You're not gonna find alot of Pro-Vince (no pun intended) people here. So quit rolling your eyes and deal with it. He improved remarkably in COLLEGE, but most here don't think he'll be a great QB in the pro's. Only time will tell.

Stupid Whorn ;)

dang it GDC...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
2/16/2006, 04:29 PM
Yeah that is weak smack, Vince Young will be good because Jason White isn't a Pro QB!!! Remember Texas fans still say Tommie Harris is overrated..remember out of high school will never amount to anything. Out of college will never be a contributor...to yeah he is all Pro but he isn't that good of an ALL-PRODenial isn't just a river in Africa?:D

silverwheels
2/16/2006, 04:33 PM
Don't you guys ever get tired of this?

OU fans: Vince can't throw!

UT fans: Can too!

OU fans: No he can't! He's gonna suck in the NFL!

UT fans: Why?

OU fans: Because he can't hit the 30-yard out! Duh!

UT fans: *brings up statistics that show VY's abilities*

OU fans: Yeah, well those were against college defenses. Heellllooooooo...

I just summarized every thread about Vince Young since the beginning of last season. Why don't we wait to see what he does in the NFL first?

Herr Scholz
2/16/2006, 04:36 PM
Applewhite wasn't good enough to beat out Simms for the position his senior year. I'd say that he regressed.
Our coaches blew it by going with Simms over Applewhite. You won't hear me say otherwise. Applewhite didn't regress, our coaches blew it.

However, I would submit that Major's torn ACL factored into him losing that position a little bit. He wasn't involved with Spring or Summer ball at all before that season.

cowboys70
2/16/2006, 04:39 PM
QB coach at OU>OC for crappy little directional School, and that "homebody" has a Heisman Trophey and is three Knee surguries away from top NFL draft pick. Injuries happen, I hope Vince the best of health.

Well that Heisman trophy and $50 will buy him a ticket to the NFL... or atleast an endzone seat.

fadada1
2/16/2006, 04:41 PM
However, I would submit that Major's torn ACL factored into him losing that position a little bit. He wasn't involved with Spring or Summer ball at all before that season.
yeah, yeah. and i bet the wind was blowing too hard as well;)

Octavian
2/16/2006, 04:41 PM
What about Applewhite's? Would you not agree that he overachieved at Texas given his pedestrian athleticism?

no.

How ever average some might've though of the Major, he more than made up for in field awareness, pocket presence, leadership, and poise. Reminded me a lot of Heupel.

If not for some executive misteps (ie. getting benched after winning confernce Offensive Player of the Year) Applewhite could've achieved what Huepel did.

If I was a coach and had to face a college QB, Major Applewhite would be pretty low on that list. I'd certainly rather face Simms.

Thats a little off-topic, I agree the Texas staff did an excellent job w/ Vince this year (how could you not? they won the NC). But the Major/Chris episode? They butchered that...

fadada1
2/16/2006, 04:42 PM
Well that Heisman trophy and $50 will buy him a ticket to the NFL... or atleast an endzone seat.
and season tickets at osu if he wanted.

colleyvillesooner
2/16/2006, 04:42 PM
Don't you guys ever get tired of this?

OU fans: Vince can't throw!

UT fans: Can too!

OU fans: No he can't! He's gonna suck in the NFL!

UT fans: Why?

OU fans: Because he can't hit the 30-yard out! Duh!

UT fans: *brings up statistics that show VY's abilities*

OU fans: Yeah, well those were against college defenses. Heellllooooooo...

I just summarized every thread about Vince Young since the beginning of last season. Why don't we wait to see what he does in the NFL first?

Uh, cause this is what the offseason and message boards are for?

Octavian
2/16/2006, 04:43 PM
Our coaches blew it by going with Simms over Applewhite. You won't hear me say otherwise. Applewhite didn't regress, our coaches blew it.

ahh, ok nm.

rant unecessary :mack:

silverwheels
2/16/2006, 04:46 PM
Uh, cause this is what the offseason and message boards are for?

At least say something new instead of rehashing the same old ****.

fadada1
2/16/2006, 04:47 PM
yeah, like OU is a lousy school with no swimming program.

colleyvillesooner
2/16/2006, 04:51 PM

Are you new here? ;)

Big Red Ron
2/16/2006, 04:51 PM
Well that Heisman trophy and $50 will buy him a ticket to the NFL... or atleast an endzone seat.You are quite the ignorant one. That little trophy and his name will make him more money with business opportunities than you'll ever see. I know a company that was going to give him an entry level position and pay him $250,000 a year and he turned it down. He'll be fine.

cowboys70
2/16/2006, 04:52 PM
and season tickets at osu if he wanted.

Actually, "cowboys" is a reference to Dallas Cowboys, not Okiestate, but I can understand the confusion that might occur considering this is a college board. Oh well, too late to change it now.

silverwheels
2/16/2006, 04:53 PM
yeah, like OU is a lousy school with no swimming program.

There you go. :D

Are you new here? ;)

Heh. I guess I did forget where I was. I don't see much reason to visit the football board in the offseason.

colleyvillesooner
Actually, "cowboys" is a reference to Dallas Cowboys, not Okiestate, but I can understand the confusion that might occur considering this is a college board. Oh well, too late to change it now.

Yeah, don't want to lose those 28 posts ya got. ;)

colleyvillesooner
Heh. I guess I did forget where I was. I don't see much reason to visit the football board in the offseason.

It's a sadist thing. :D

fadada1
2/16/2006, 04:54 PM
you're now a poke by default. please leave your sheep at home.

:D

Big Red Ron
2/16/2006, 04:54 PM
Actually, "cowboys" is a reference to Dallas Cowboys, not Okiestate, but I can understand the confusion that might occur considering this is a college board. Oh well, too late to change it now.Quick, one player from Dallas played in the Pro Bowl, who was it and where'd he play?

silverwheels
2/16/2006, 04:55 PM
It's a sadist thing. :D

It must be, since I sat through Independence Day twice yesterday.

Or maybe boredom and sadism go hand-in-hand. Hmm...

fadada1
2/16/2006, 04:56 PM
Quick, one player from Dallas played in the Pro Bowl, who was it and where'd he play?
dat nguyen - vietnam tech.

cowboys70
2/16/2006, 04:56 PM
I know a company that was going to give him an entry level position and pay him $250,000 a year and he turned it down. He'll be fine.

Would he have gotten to work with Gino Torretta and Danny Wuerfell?

Big Red Ron
2/16/2006, 04:58 PM
dat nguyen - vietnam tech.heh, wrong. ;)

fadada1
2/16/2006, 04:58 PM
i don't get it.

Octavian
2/16/2006, 05:00 PM

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/2711/a3ir.th.png (http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a3ir.png)

Big Red Ron
2/16/2006, 05:00 PM
Would he have gotten to work with Gino Torretta and Danny Wuerfell?No but he sure as heck would know alot about the oil and gas industry.

cowboys70
2/16/2006, 05:17 PM
No but he sure as heck would know alot about the oil and gas industry.

Did he get a degree in oil and gas in his 12 semesters in college?

fadada1
2/16/2006, 05:20 PM
Did he get a degree in oil and gas in his 12 semesters in college?
shows what you know... it was 13.

cowboys70
2/16/2006, 05:22 PM
Seriously, ribbing aside, I think JW was and always will be a great qb and a great guy in general. I was disappointed when he had to quit pro-ball because of his knees, because I was rooting for him to make it. I am sure he will use (and has used) his Heisman and his notoriety to make a positive difference in the world, and I know that if I was in a position to hire him on to my company or organization, I would not think twice.

stoopified
2/17/2006, 11:41 AM

those are pretty important in the NFL, or so I'm told.Les?

footballfanatic
2/19/2006, 06:16 PM
At least no one is still posting that "I'd rather have Jason White over Vince Young" bull. I think their big-game performances pretty much ended that discussion.

Octavian
2/19/2006, 06:32 PM
At least no one is still posting that "I'd rather have Jason White over Vince Young" bull. I think their big-game performances pretty much ended that discussion.

go away.

Octavian
2/19/2006, 06:43 PM
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1861/jason7yh.th.png (http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jason7yh.png)

Record in Dallas: 3-0

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/824/poorvince1mo.th.jpg (http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=poorvince1mo.jpg)

Record in Dallas: 1-2

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/19/2006, 07:01 PM
There is 2 reasons not to throw
1. You are rated a great passer already and can only hurt stock
2. You aren't a great passer and hopefully you can wait until your workouts and manipulate the situation to make yourself more comfortable.
This sends up alarms about the confidence Vince has in his arm.

footballfanatic
2/20/2006, 12:24 AM

Record in Dallas: 1-2[/QUOTE]

Record in champiosnhip games:
JW 0-2 (and both were pretty rotten performances on his part, the second, one of the all-time stinkers)
Record in championship games:
VY 1-0 (and his performance is already regarded as one of the all-time great performances)

Big Red Ron
2/20/2006, 12:36 AM

Record in champiosnhip games:
JW 0-2 (and both were pretty rotten performances on his part, the second, one of the all-time stinkers)
Record in championship games:
VY 1-0 (and his performance is already regarded as one of the all-time great performances)Level of competition has to be considered here. 03 lsu/04 USC>05 USC

Congrats though! Jason does have a BIg XII championship and the Heisman.

colleyvillesooner
2/20/2006, 10:12 AM

Way to change the subject.

Herr, Cap and Lid, this guy is a disgrace to you.

lufkinaggie07
2/20/2006, 11:16 AM
He has everything to lose by throwing and nothing to gain, all the NFL scouts already know he can't throw that well.

TexasLidig8r
2/20/2006, 11:21 AM
He has everything to lose by throwing and nothing to gain, all the NFL scouts already know he can't throw that well.

So taking the pulse of "All the NFL scouts?"

Besides aggy.. . everyone knows Reggie will be a much better pro quarterback than Vince... ;)

Will Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart be working out?

The combine is more for the marginal athletes, or the athletes who hope to increase their draft stock, or the athletes who had disappointing last years perhaps (cough.. Reggie.. cough)...

caphorns
2/20/2006, 11:29 AM
Level of competition has to be considered here. 03 lsu/04 USC>05 USC

Only Sooner or Tiger Bait would argue for 03 LSU. Sure. They were better. :rolleyes: Whatever helps you sleep better at night BRR.

I guess 04 KSU was also better?

RedstickSooner
2/20/2006, 11:37 AM
We really enjoyed (during the Chrissy Simms era) being able to claim that Tejas squandered the potential of its players, and that they squandered their opportunities for development by staying in the system. Simms lack of improvement, the fact that TFRW could brag about finally participating in a workout program for his final season, etc. - all contributed to the notion that playing at Texas was like taking a 3-5 year vacation from your development as a player.

Having Vince show difficult to ignore signs of improvement sorta rained on this particular parade of ours -- so it shouldn't surprise that we're sorta resistant to the evidence in front of us. Me, I must admit, there's some possibility that the Tejas coaching staff may, just possibly, be capable of coaching a player up, from time to time :D

slickdawg
2/20/2006, 12:00 PM
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1861/jason7yh.th.png (http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jason7yh.png)

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/824/poorvince1mo.th.jpg (http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=poorvince1mo.jpg)

What are you doing? Confusing FACTS with speculation?

HA!!

TEXASS SUCKS!!!!!! They always have, and always will.

colleyvillesooner
2/20/2006, 12:06 PM
So taking the pulse of "All the NFL scouts?"

Besides aggy.. . everyone knows Reggie will be a much better pro quarterback than Vince... ;)

Will Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart be working out?

The combine is more for the marginal athletes, or the athletes who hope to increase their draft stock, or the athletes who had disappointing last years perhaps (cough.. Reggie.. cough)...

The thing I was pointing out was that in late January his "agent" said he was gonna throw and run, then after the showing in the skills challenge, he's not gonna throw.

Bush and Leinhart have been out the whole time.

So quit knocking on Reggie McNeal, we all know he's a lesser QB who's gonna throw at the combine, and until Vince looked like the 3rd best QB at the challenge, he was too. Or until a real agent told him not too.

Knocking on Reggie makes you look, well, aggie. :D

Big Red Ron
2/20/2006, 12:11 PM
Only Sooner or Tiger Bait would argue for 03 LSU. Sure. They were better. :rolleyes: Whatever helps you sleep better at night BRR.

I guess 04 KSU was also better?Forgetting LSU for a moment...you admit that 05 suc was not even close to 04 suc.

You guys had a nice run.

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 12:15 PM
3,000 passing yards in a season is bad in your world? What color is the sky there? VY will be collecting his Davey O'brien award for best QB soon BTW.

Let me let you in on a little secret. Players don't get drafted in the top 5 at QB if they can't throw.

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 12:18 PM
Me, I must admit, there's some possibility that the Tejas coaching staff may, just possibly, be capable of coaching a player up, from time to time :D
Blasphemy!! ;)

caphorns
2/20/2006, 02:26 PM
Forgetting LSU for a moment...you admit that 05 suc was not even close to 04 suc.

You guys had a nice run.

04 SUC had better defensive talent. Does that help you? "not even close" is complete homerism by you and you know it.

If you are hoping to support a theory, however, that 04 OU was as good as 05 Texas, count me out. 04 OU will always justifiably be remembered as a choker team by everyone outside of the OU fans that aren't willing to let the thing die.

Big Red Ron
2/20/2006, 02:41 PM
04 SUC had better defensive talent. Does that help you? "not even close" is complete homerism by you and you know it.

If you are hoping to support a theory, however, that 04 OU was as good as 05 Texas, count me out. 04 OU will always justifiably be remembered as a choker team by everyone outside of the OU fans that aren't willing to let the thing die.Yeah, the 04 Sooners choked against virtually the same UT team that won in 05 to the tune of TWELVE to ZERO. Matter of fact it could be argued that 04 UT was better than 05 UT.

Sucks that it's over already and you know UT is in for at least three losses next year.

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 02:43 PM
Sucks that it's over already...
Next season is a LONG way off. We have plenty of time to gloat yet. ;)

1stTimeCaller
2/20/2006, 02:51 PM
I'm glad we have this issue resolved.

footballfanatic
2/20/2006, 02:53 PM
Seriously, ribbing aside, I think JW was and always will be a great qb and a great guy in general. I was disappointed when he had to quit pro-ball because of his knees, because I was rooting for him to make it. I am sure he will use (and has used) his Heisman and his notoriety to make a positive difference in the world, and I know that if I was in a position to hire him on to my company or organization, I would not think twice.

"Quit pro-ball because of his knees?" He didn't quit--no one wanted him, remember, as in HE WASN'T DRAFTED, so he didn't "quit pro-ball," he never made it.

footballfanatic
2/20/2006, 02:58 PM
Yeah, the 04 Sooners choked against virtually the same UT team that won in 05 to the tune of TWELVE to ZERO. Matter of fact it could be argued that 04 UT was better than 05 UT.

Sucks that it's over already and you know UT is in for at least three losses next year.

How it could be argued that '04 Texas, with no receivers, an inferior defensive coach, and an inferior running game, could be better, is beyond me.

Big Red Ron
2/20/2006, 03:00 PM
"Quit pro-ball because of his knees?" He didn't quit--no one wanted him, remember, as in HE WASN'T DRAFTED, so he didn't "quit pro-ball," he never made it.He dumb ***. He wasn't drafted because of the knees and was throwing great for the Titans as a free agent. He did actually hold a press conference and quite because, "My knee's are hurting to bad."

Big Red Ron
2/20/2006, 03:01 PM
How it could be argued that '04 Texas, with no receivers, an inferior defensive coach, and an inferior running game, could be better, is beyond me.Defense pal, some teams play it. Although there wasn't much played in the Rose Bowl last year.

colleyvillesooner
2/20/2006, 03:04 PM
Defense pal, some teams play it. Although there wasn't much played in the Rose Bowl last year.

Don't know if you wanna be talking smack about 04 Bowl defensive play. :O

caphorns
2/20/2006, 03:13 PM
Matter of fact it could be argued that 04 UT was better than 05 UT.

Only among people completely ignorant of the game.

UT 04 didn't have a passing threat worth talking about. Vince could throw but he and the very young receivers were not on the same page at all. Our offense by 2005 was vastly improved over the RRS version in 2004.

Frankly, UT 2004 was much improved by the end of the year over its RRS performance. I can support this statistically (but for reference check out how pathetic our offense was against Missouri the week after the RRS). Many reasons for the improvement, not the least of which was the new receivers and the fact that our HC and OC were still reticent to fully employ Vince's talents in the spread option early on. It was after the Missou game that things changed.

By the way I think it's obvious that OU's 2005 team was much better by the end of the year that it was when we crushed you guys. The blocking improved and AD was healthy.

David Earl
2/20/2006, 03:15 PM
"Quit pro-ball because of his knees?" He didn't quit--no one wanted him, remember, as in HE WASN'T DRAFTED, so he didn't "quit pro-ball," he never made it.

Wrongo! The pro team White was on wanted to keep him. The NFL coaches said of him he was the better of the new ones they had. But, he couldn't stay because his knees were so bad.

Gonna give you a day off to work on your manners.

caphorns
2/20/2006, 03:21 PM
Defense pal, some teams play it. Although there wasn't much played in the Rose Bowl last year.

If you are going to split hairs on Texas defense from 2004 to 2005, realize that even after playing one of the best offensive units in the history of college football, 2005 Texas was ranked as the No. 10 total defense in the country and No. 8 scoring defense in the country.

I enjoyed G-Rob's D, but Chizik is just better. I could not imagine what Chizik would have done with DJ still available.

slickdawg
2/20/2006, 03:24 PM
Yeah, the 04 Sooners choked against virtually the same UT team that won in 05 to the tune of TWELVE to ZERO. Matter of fact it could be argued that 04 UT was better than 05 UT.

other facts:

04 OU > 04 UT
03 OU > 03 UT
02 OU > 02 UT
01 OU > 01 UT
00 OU > 00 UT

UT will lose AT LEAST three next year, one will be the RRS. Mark my words.

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 03:56 PM
Defense pal, some teams play it.
We know about defense. Your team scored exactly one TD vs. us in both '04 and '05.

1stTimeCaller
2/20/2006, 04:00 PM
Oh so now we just get to pick and choose which years we recognize and which years we'd like to fughettabout?

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/20/2006, 04:05 PM
Let's throw out his 3,000 yards passing....How many man on man situations occurred because teams had to shadow Vince? How man times in those 3000 yards did he complete incredibly difficult NFL level throws? How many NFL style CB's and S's did he play against? How many yards did Josh Heupel throw for? Did that guarentee he could THROW in the NFL?

Big Red Ron
2/20/2006, 04:12 PM
Let's throw out his 3,000 yards passing....How many man on man situations occurred because teams had to shadow Vince? How man times in those 3000 yards did he complete incredibly difficult NFL level throws? How many NFL style CB's and S's did he play against? How many yards did Josh Heupel throw for? Did that guarantee he could THROW in the NFL?That guy that looked like he was a mild down sydrome patient at TT threw for like 5000 yard one season, Andre Ware, Kilingler, Heupel, yeah that's a guarantee of NFL success.

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 04:15 PM
Oh so now we just get to pick and choose which years we recognize and which years we'd like to fughettabout?
Of course. ;) Just like that 5-year streak you guys were so keen about.

Seamus
2/20/2006, 04:15 PM
Gonna give you a day off to work on your manners.

Any chance you might make that a year instead? :D

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 04:18 PM
Did that guarentee he could THROW in the NFL?
I contend VY's arm is plenty strong for the NFL. His improvement this season came from the mental aspect, spending more time in the film room (which is why Peyton Manning's an all-pro). This argument won't be settled until Vince plays anyway.

colleyvillesooner
2/20/2006, 04:23 PM
I contend VY's arm is plenty strong for the NFL. His improvement this season came from the mental aspect, spending more time in the film room (which is why Peyton Manning's an all-pro). This argument won't be settled until Vince plays anyway.

All that film and 5 bucks can by Peyton a Super Bowl...program. :D

mrowl
2/20/2006, 04:23 PM
(which is why Peyton Manning's an all-pro).

hmmm.... too easy.

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 04:44 PM
Bad example. Manning doesn't have "it" like Vince. Just saying it's not rocket science understanding defenses. With his mentor Steve McNair helping tutor him, I'm sure he'll be up to speed in no time.

And those of you who think Vince can't make all the throws will be surprised I think.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/20/2006, 04:47 PM
comparing Peyton Manning's arm to Vince Young's is like comparing a turd to a gold block, if you are arguing that Vince can make the same throws that Peyton can, you haven't watched Vince

TexasLidig8r
2/20/2006, 04:50 PM
Knocking on Reggie makes you look, well, aggie. :D

THAT'S IT! :mad:

Next Dallas lunch... You're going DOWN like.... like..Linda Lovelace on.. err..

nevah mind.

;)

colleyvillesooner
2/20/2006, 04:58 PM
THAT'S IT! :mad:

Next Dallas lunch... You're going DOWN like.... like..Linda Lovelace on.. err..

nevah mind.

;)

thought you might like that ;)

Harry Beanbag
2/20/2006, 04:59 PM
Bad example. Manning doesn't have "it" like Vince. Just saying it's not rocket science understanding defenses. With his mentor Steve McNair helping tutor him, I'm sure he'll be up to speed in no time.

And those of you who think Vince can't make all the throws will be surprised I think.

This may be Herr's most delusional post yet, yes even including all the political ones.

What is "it"?

-The slowest, crappiest throwing motion since Josh Heupel and his basketball-sized elbow?

-Mack Brown's eternal love and sideline fondlings?

-A burnt orange head panty?

And I was surprised during that skills challenge thing on ESPN. Vince was worse than I thought he was.

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 05:13 PM
What is "it"?
Whatever it takes to be a champion. That's what "it" is. Manning never had it, never will.

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 05:14 PM
And I was surprised during that skills challenge thing on ESPN. Vince was worse than I thought he was.
So, you think you know more than all the NFL teams? I'd say you're beyond biased.

colleyvillesooner
2/20/2006, 05:18 PM
Whatever it takes to be a champion. That's what "it" is. Manning never had it, never will.

Well, there's alot of guys who had "it" in college, but didn't have "it" in the pro's.

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 05:27 PM
Well, there's alot of guys who had "it" in college, but didn't have "it" in the pro's.
True. We shall see.

Harry Beanbag
2/20/2006, 06:35 PM

I guess that's why Josh Heupel, Tee Martin, Chris Weinke, Craig Krenzel, etc. are all tearing it up in the NFL huh?

Harry Beanbag
2/20/2006, 06:39 PM
So, you think you know more than all the NFL teams? I'd say you're beyond biased.

Never said I did, but I heard Ryan Leaf is coaching at West Texas A&M now.

And me being biased in regards to this discussion doesn't mean any more than your bias does.

slickdawg
2/21/2006, 12:07 PM
I guess that's why Josh Heupel, Tee Martin, Chris Weinke, Craig Krenzel, etc. are all tearing it up in the NFL huh?

Hey, this is fun!

Danny Wuerffel, Casey Clausen, Ryan Leaf, woohoo!!!

slickdawg
2/21/2006, 09:04 PM
The Sporting News projects VY as the 10th pick overall. Hmmmm.

azzbakwardz
2/21/2006, 09:27 PM
And me being biased in regards to this discussion doesn't mean any more than your bias does.

Ummmm....that would be blindness there my friend, nothing like a blind whorn fan....they just cant see past that crappy orange they bleed......

David Earl
2/21/2006, 10:02 PM
Guys, it's still Tuesday which means we don't talk about... you know who.

XingTheRubicon
2/22/2006, 04:36 PM

Don't forget Danny "my helmets on backwards" Weurffel

and

that putz from LSU that beat us in '03

and

Ken Dorsey

good luck with the 20 yard floater, VY.