PDA

View Full Version : Austin Box

KingDavid
2/15/2006, 04:10 AM
Does anyone know the story of the trouble this kid got into early in his junior year (or maybe soph.)? I've found veiled references to some sort of incident. I have to say he looks like a thug. He plays like an absolute killer on D - an amazing acceleration to the point of impact. Like a freaking missile. I hope we get him . . . assuming he's a good kid who's not going to embarrass the program. I'm serious when I say he looks pretty damn scary.

Echoes
2/15/2006, 12:01 PM
I live in Enid, and me and Austin are pretty good friends, so I will give you the scoop on him.

First of all, the trouble thing is not a factor at all. He is a great kid, I know him personally, he will be no trouble whatsoever at Oklahoma. The incident your referring to was blown majorly out of proportion, there was no charges filed and the third party involved didn't even care, so don't worry about that, the kid is not a thug.

On the football field, he is a machine. Hes Enid's do-it-all, playing qb and anywhere else on the field he needs to. He is being recruited for a SS, LB position... I think with his combonation of strength and speed, he will make a great SS. I watched him play six times his junior year, and came away impressed by big hits or great throws every time.

Recruiting wise: He has been offered full rides by OU, OSU and Texas A&M... Tennessee, Notre Dame are expected to offer and possibly Florida State. Additionaly, he is a great baseball player, he was part of the Enid majors team who won the American Legion world series this year, and they also have a good chance to win it this year. He was the youngest player in the tournament I do believe, he plays with the older boys but should be on the younger team. He started left field.

Overall, I'm about 95% sure he will end up at OU... He can hit, so expect him on the field in the coming years.

The Consumate Showman
2/15/2006, 12:09 PM
sign him up! let's go Bobby! BOOMER!

Desert Sapper
2/15/2006, 12:59 PM
I only want him if Rivals or Scout gives him a 5 star rating.

The Consumate Showman
2/15/2006, 01:03 PM
I only want him if Rivals or Scout gives him a 5 star rating.

OMG.....don't start that....

Anyone got a profile on this kid?

Echoes
2/15/2006, 02:36 PM
Well I know that Rivals has him as a top 50 Junior in the nation, and Soonerscoop had him as the top Junior in Oklahoma... As far as stats, I can call him and ask him his 40/bench and what not, although I know they are'nt to awful recent, probably in a few weeks he will run a new one for baseball I would think.

Desert Sapper
2/15/2006, 02:47 PM
OMG.....don't start that....

Sorry...forgot these...;) :rolleyes:

OUGreg723
2/15/2006, 03:55 PM
Well I know that Rivals has him as a top 50 Junior in the nation, and Soonerscoop had him as the top Junior in Oklahoma... As far as stats, I can call him and ask him his 40/bench and what not, although I know they are'nt to awful recent, probably in a few weeks he will run a new one for baseball I would think.

You dont run 40's in baseball though. You run 60's. Thanks alot for the update. I hope you keep posting.

-greg

The Consumate Showman
2/15/2006, 07:58 PM
Sorry...forgot these...;) :rolleyes:

;)

stoopified
2/17/2006, 11:56 AM
I,ve seen him play against Ponca,kid has moves.Should be nicknamed Shadow,because he will stay right with you.

KingDavid
2/17/2006, 09:10 PM
The incident your referring to was blown majorly out of proportion, there was no charges filed and the third party involved didn't even care, so don't worry about that, the kid is not a thug.

Here's the interesting thing that is kind of disturbing. I have asked about 15 different places for someone to actually explain the "incident" and everyone does the same thing you just did: blows in a dense fog over the question without answering it, and then proceeds to talk about how great of a kid and how good of a football player he is.

I know he's an awesome football player. He's a freaking missile when you watch those films and if they put him anywhere other than on the Defense in space, they're freaking crazy.

But the whole "shrowded in mystery" element to "the incident" makes me question how minor it really is. If it's "no big deal" then let's hear the story.

Come on, dude. Bring it.

sooner4008
2/23/2006, 11:12 AM
Here is the skinny. Box and some other Enid High baseball players broke into somebody's house and stole a few items. Realizing they made a mistake they them broke back into the house and put everything back. Apologies were made and the owner of the house didn't press any charges.

BoomerJack
2/23/2006, 12:26 PM
Breaking and entering. If this is true, I can hear the jibes if the Sooners sign him.

"Another Sooner Stud in the tradition of Charles Thompson and Hunter Wall"

"They won't have to teach him much. He already has the basics down."

KingDavid
2/26/2006, 03:14 AM
Here is the skinny. Box and some other Enid High baseball players broke into somebody's house and stole a few items. Realizing they made a mistake they them broke back into the house and put everything back. Apologies were made and the owner of the house didn't press any charges.

Oh. you're right. that was boring.

MojoRisen
2/26/2006, 09:45 AM
I am surprised you hear about a kid who got in trouble at 15 anyhow- must be that he is from a small town and lots of rummors etc- Hell I have seen a lot worse out of Chicago get full rides to Wisconsin and Ill even Northwestern. That stuff can't go on his record.... man

Desert Sapper
2/26/2006, 10:36 AM
Yeah, otherwise Miami and FSU would never field football teams...pffft.

MojoRisen
2/26/2006, 10:40 AM
It's all good, let's not bring up bootleggers boys... If that is all that he did - I am saying that ain't shiat...

Busted with 17 grams of Coke or a loaded glock or rape- I would have problems with that.

OUstud
2/26/2006, 09:42 PM
I typed in Austin Box on Google and the second result was Out in Austin: Box office. :mack:

Echoes
2/27/2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah, it wasn't that big of a deal. It was kind of an accident actually braking into the house in the first place. You see, the house looked totally abandoned, I've seen it or myself. Grass a few feet tall, etc. They were just jacking around, thought it was abandoned and went inside.

1stTimeCaller
2/27/2006, 01:58 PM
Yeah, it wasn't that big of a deal. It was kind of an accident actually braking into the house in the first place. You see, the house looked totally abandoned, I've seen it or myself. Grass a few feet tall, etc. They were just jacking around, thought it was abandoned and went inside.

are you serious?

that said, I don't know the kid but I did date one of his sisters for a while. His parents are very nice and the dad is an attorney in Enid and mom is a counselor at the high school. Very good people.

His oldest sister works for Frank Lucas I think and she used to work for Don Nickles.

Echoes
2/27/2006, 04:12 PM
It sounds stupid I know, but this house is like a slum, I mean they were just bored passing it by. If I remember correctly, some of the doors is boarded up, a window is busted out, etc. Plus the 3 foot tall grass, it was easily mistakable. I'm not making excuses for what he did, but I'm saying, I hang out with this kid nearly every weekend. It's not like he drives around looking for places to brake into, don't get the wrong idea.