Mjcpr
2/14/2006, 07:51 PM
For those of you that use Greenies....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/14/dangerous.dogtreat/index.html

Okla-homey
2/14/2006, 07:53 PM
For those of you that use Greenies....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/14/dangerous.dogtreat/index.html

My pooch only get bones for teef health like the Good Lord intended.

Mjcpr
2/14/2006, 07:57 PM
My pooch only get bones for teef health like the Good Lord intended.

Who will be culpable for his/her death? You or the cow?

BajaOklahoma
2/14/2006, 08:16 PM
Add the pig's ears and the rawhide bones are also risky. In addition to causing an obstruction, the pig's ears and the rawhide bones can carry some serious bacteria.
I hate them and can't believe the pet stores still sell them.

2/15/2006, 07:04 AM
My dog will eat cat turds when given the chance. I'm not too worried about any bacteria she might ingest with a rawhide bone.

jk the sooner fan
2/15/2006, 07:36 AM
the problem with rawhide is that it can lump up in their stomachs.....its one of the worst things you can give a dog

not really the bacteria so much as the blockage it can cause

spend an easy thousand in vet bills to get that removed and its the last rawhide you'll ever give them

2/15/2006, 08:51 AM
I don't like my dog nearly enough to spend a grand on her.

SoonerWood
2/15/2006, 09:20 AM
I got lucky with my dog - he totally digs frozen broccoli! I figure it's cleaning his teef pretty good while in frozen form during the masticating process. Unfortunately, it does not help his turd breath.

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 09:45 AM
My dog has terrible breath. What can I do?

I'll take my answer off the air.

Harry Beanbag
2/15/2006, 09:48 AM
My dogs absolutely love Frosty Paws, had anybody heard if that can kill them too?

http://www.karnikpetlodges.com/images/frostypaws.jpg

Harry Beanbag
2/15/2006, 09:49 AM
My dog has terrible breath. What can I do?

I'll take my answer off the air.

Stop letting them clean out the cat box, then brush their teeth.

jk the sooner fan
2/15/2006, 09:53 AM
My dogs absolutely love Frosty Paws, had anybody heard if that can kill them too?

http://www.karnikpetlodges.com/images/frostypaws.jpg

my dogs own stock in this company, if its deadly it would be news to me

Mjcpr
2/15/2006, 09:55 AM
Stop letting them clean out the cat box, then brush their teeth.

She doesn't and I've done that. Doesn't help that much. She has buildup on her big teef.....the vampire ones. Dogs can live out in the wild for 10 years and not get anything on their teeth, mine needs regular dentist appointments. :rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2006, 10:07 AM
Note to self: Throw out the Greenies the GF bought for the dog.

Taxman71
2/15/2006, 10:44 AM
My dog ate a pair of pantyhose one time. The nastiest 3 days of my life began soon after. My worse than then when she ate the remotes, socks, diaper or entire box of chocalate-covered cherries.

skycat
2/15/2006, 10:48 AM
I think you guys have missed the biggest news from this article.

He says his research, which he hopes to get published in a veterinary journal, shows compressed vegetable chew treats, of which Greenies is the most popular, are now the third biggest cause of esophageal obstruction in dogs behind bones and fish hooks.

Stop feeding your pets metal hooks!

NormanPride
2/15/2006, 12:09 PM
My parents' old chocolate lab ate a whole t-bone once. Whole. Didn't crunch it up. They were afraid the bone would puncture his stomach or something, so they fed him an entire loaf of bread to pad it. It was hilarious, because he was ecstatic to be getting a treat like that for about half of the loaf, then he started getting less and less enthused as the loaf dwindled.

I don't think the dog moved for two days after that! He was fine, though... and lived a long healthy life afterwards, so I guess it worked.

Beef
2/15/2006, 12:11 PM
My dog carries around landscaping timber and then eats it. I hope he doesn't choke on the splinters.

Harry Beanbag
2/15/2006, 12:14 PM
My dog carries around landscaping timber and then eats it. I hope he doesn't choke on the splinters.

Hopefully he won't get crazy with the Cheez Whiz.

1stTimeCaller
2/15/2006, 12:16 PM
what's the rule on bones? raw bones are best but never ever chicken bones? My dog got to finish what was left of a porterhouse last night and I worried for a minute about it.

SoonerBorn68
2/15/2006, 12:20 PM
Mike Eastwood and his wife, Jenny Reiff, recently filed a $5 million lawsuit in New York, blaming Greenies for the intestinal blockage that caused the death of their dog Burt.

I like my dog but if they win I'm goin' to get some Greenies!

yermom
2/15/2006, 12:34 PM
then i'm buying a dog, and some Greenies ;)

Jimminy Crimson
2/15/2006, 12:37 PM
I got lucky with my dog

:eek: :eek: :eek: