PDA

View Full Version : Man, we suck as estimators

1stTimeCaller
2/14/2006, 05:08 PM
We got our *** kicked again today. I'm Ofer on being part of a low bid. It's hard to get jobs when the low bidder can do it cheaper than our subcontractor costs. Surely this guy that keeps beating us can't stay in business too much longer.

mdklatt
2/14/2006, 05:09 PM
We got our *** kicked again today. I'm Ofer on being part of a low bid. It's hard to get jobs when the low bidder can do it cheaper than our subcontractor costs.

Two words: More Mexicans.

1stTimeCaller
2/14/2006, 05:12 PM
that's what I'm thinking. We need to quit checking papers on these guys and have an entire workforce that has the same SSN.

Howzit
2/14/2006, 05:13 PM
You're checking papers? Well there you go.

mdklatt
2/14/2006, 05:13 PM
that's what I'm thinking. We need to quit checking papers on these guys and have an entire workforce that has the same SSN.

00-000-0000 probably isn't being used anymore.

(Strom Thurmond finally died, right?)

Al Gore
2/14/2006, 07:17 PM
that's what I'm thinking. We need to quit checking papers on these guys and have an entire workforce that has the same SSN.You better be using that I9 form......

Al Gore
2/14/2006, 07:20 PM
We got our *** kicked again today. I'm Ofer on being part of a low bid. It's hard to get jobs when the low bidder can do it cheaper than our subcontractor costs. Surely this guy that keeps beating us can't stay in business too much longer.I hate those ****ers......Prequalification is a good thing.....

walkoffsooner
2/14/2006, 07:35 PM
He will lose money on one soon enough.It will make him a better bidder.

OUAndy1807
2/14/2006, 07:50 PM
You better be using that I9 form......

you just sub to some shady white dude who'll shut down as soon as he's caught and start another company doing the same thing.

Al Gore
2/14/2006, 07:59 PM
you just sub to some shady white dude who'll shut down as soon as he's caught and start another company doing the same thing.Yep....I know those types well.....

OUAndy1807
2/14/2006, 08:51 PM
I've been in court for one for over a year. I didn't know he was one of them, but apparently I'm learning an important lesson or something.

Jerk
2/14/2006, 08:53 PM
00-000-0000 probably isn't being used anymore.

(Strom Thurmond finally died, right?)

LOL!

(that's mean)

Jerk
2/14/2006, 08:54 PM
you just sub to some shady white dude who'll shut down as soon as he's caught and start another company doing the same thing.

No one will get busted. The Bush admin. is not prosecuting for this kind of stuff. Even Clinton would prosecute for this.

Al Gore
2/14/2006, 08:58 PM
you just sub to some shady white dude who'll shut down as soon as he's caught and start another company doing the same thing....and not paying payroll taxes......

Okla-homey
2/14/2006, 09:32 PM
Sell the business to your wives, and paint your equipment pink. Keep the same workers and you guys continue to run the company for them. Then they'll get all those sweet minority set-aside gubmint contracts.:D

Thanks in advance.

P.S. There used to be this mex-american owned paving contractor in Wichita when I was stationed there. I think they were called "Carnejo and Sons." They painted big yellow sombreros on their cement mixer trucks and all their rolling stock. Those cats got every square inch of road, runway, aircraft parking ramp and taxiway bidness on the base the whole six years I was there. Multiple eight figure contracts.

OUinFLA
2/14/2006, 09:38 PM
Al?
New a$$ in your avatar?

:D

JohnnyMack
2/14/2006, 09:45 PM
I hope they fire you.

olevetonahill
2/14/2006, 09:47 PM
Its better to have loved and lost ! than to have loved and got the clap :eek:
let em have em they will lose !

BeetDigger
2/14/2006, 09:50 PM
Surely this guy that keeps beating us can't stay in business too much longer.

As long as he likes to operate at a loss, he will stay in business. And stop calling me Shirley.

GottaHavePride
2/14/2006, 11:16 PM
P.S. There used to be this mex-american owned paving contractor in Wichita when I was stationed there. I think they were called "Carnejo and Sons." They painted big yellow sombreros on their cement mixer trucks and all their rolling stock. Those cats got every square inch of road, runway, aircraft parking ramp and taxiway bidness on the base the whole six years I was there. Multiple eight figure contracts.

Yeah, Cornejo is still the biggest paving contractor (other than Dolese) up there. They get a ton of work all over town.