PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day parties at school...

Soonrboy
2/14/2006, 03:40 PM
I made my rounds...2 slices of pizza, 2 of those iced cookies from Wal-mart and a 7 up...pluz a gazillion of the dime-store "cards"...

I'm a happy boy.

Plus, I don't have to clean up ****.

SoonerProphet
2/14/2006, 03:55 PM
Had some spare pizzas in the teacher's lounge and a red velvet cake. Had to have me a slice of the cake.

Mjcpr
2/14/2006, 03:57 PM
Had some spare pizzas in the teacher's lounge and a red velvet cake. Had to have me a slice of the cake.

Red velvet cake rawks.

Boomhauer
2/14/2006, 03:59 PM
I hate them...I hate them....I hate them...It is the second worse holiday party behind Christmas. Good thing we had a short one here in the 6th grade wing...then we took them to see Glory Road for Black History Month.

SoonerProphet
2/14/2006, 04:27 PM
I hate them...I hate them....I hate them...It is the second worse holiday party behind Christmas. Good thing we had a short one here in the 6th grade wing...then we took them to see Glory Road for Black History Month.

yeah, the division head made it pretty clear yesterday he wanted no valentines to be passed out. this was chiefly aimed at the 5th and 6th grades, for here in the glorious 7th and 8th grade hall we never set out to harm feelings.:D

BajaOklahoma
2/14/2006, 05:54 PM
We started out this morning with doughnuts for Dads. Even though we had some left over, most of the kids got as many as they wanted.
Ten minutes after school started, the first of the too-much-sugar-is-bad-for-the-tummy kids showed up.
Our smallest kindergartner didn't eat any lunch at 11:00 AM. I'm thinking it had something to do with the SIX doughnuts she ate this morning.
Our parties are the best ever. They start 45 minutes before the kids leave - less tummy-stuff for me to deal with. Yeah!

proud gonzo
2/14/2006, 06:14 PM
my dad sent me flowers and balloons AT SCHOOL for valentine's day when i was in first grade. that's before the schools banned things like that. it was awesome :D

GDC
2/14/2006, 06:59 PM
I think I have mostly high-fructose corn syrup pumping through my arteries right now. Guh.

Mrs. Norm
2/14/2006, 07:23 PM
Yes, V-Day school parties suck. However, let me tell you what our V-Day consisted of at my school:

8:40 am - Jump Rope for Heart assembly
9:30 am - Field Trip to see the Blazers....YES, I said it, A FIELD TRIP!!!!!
1:55 pm - Arrive from Field Trip
2:00 pm - party with 25 pumped up 6th graders.
3:15 pm - staff meeting (my teammate and I had to do a presentation!)
3:45 pm - Clean the **** out of my room
4:40 pm - Leave

I HATE V-Day at school!!!

oumartin
2/14/2006, 07:52 PM
how many parties did Stanley make it to

SoonerProphet
2/14/2006, 09:02 PM
Red velvet cake rawks.

The mother who made it also had her child distribute rum cakes for holiday gifts to the 8th grade staff. Those were awfully tastey. So was the red velvet cake, it had cream cheese frosting.

SoonerObsession
2/15/2006, 01:00 AM
I thought my party that I had for my 1st graders was pretty cool. We had Chick fil a brought in. We had cookies with icing and other goodies for sweets and sodee water to get them hyped up as much as possible. Then we had "Tic Tac Love" bean bag toss - 6 tosses to get 3 hearts and you make someone fall in love. "Cupid Golf" - Putt three balls into the heart shaped hole and win a valentine sucker. Limbo to some great party songs. What more could a 7 year old ask for? Well guess what? I had 2 kiddo's do nothing but complain. I wanted kick their little butts! All of this after watching "Robinhood" the animated movie (great love story!). You just can't please kids these days!

william_brasky
2/15/2006, 04:15 AM
You just can't beat kids these days!

:texan: