PDA

View Full Version : the guy Cheney shot

Soonrboy
2/14/2006, 01:56 PM
had a heart attack. I wonder if the dude dies, heaven forbid, if Cheney could conceivably be held liable for murder or something?

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CHENEY_WHITTINGTON?SITE=OKOKL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-02-14-13-31-49

Sooner in Tampa
2/14/2006, 01:58 PM
no...it has been ruled a hunting ACCIDENT by the local authorities. It would seem that there is not any reason for them to change the story now.

OhU1
2/14/2006, 01:59 PM
Negligent homicide maybe. If it was you or I.

pb4ou
2/14/2006, 02:00 PM
no...it has been ruled a hunting ACCIDENT by the local authorities. It would seem that there is not any reason for them to change the story now.

Maybe that is why he had the heart attack

Fugue
2/14/2006, 02:00 PM
This is going to be a law school exam question.

Mjcpr
2/14/2006, 02:02 PM
It's no big deal. Turns out Cheney was on prescription pain killers.

Fugue
2/14/2006, 02:05 PM
It's no big deal. Turns out Cheney was on prescription pain killers.

:eddie:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/14/2006, 02:07 PM
Why did it take them a day to report it?

jk the sooner fan
2/14/2006, 02:08 PM
Negligent homicide maybe. If it was you or I.

oh geez....the paranoia sometimes drives me nuts

do you realize how many accidental shootings there are in the country everyday?

how often people like you and me walk away from incidents like this scot free?

jk the sooner fan
2/14/2006, 02:09 PM
Why did it take them a day to report it?

:rolleyes:

holley, really......MAYBE BECAUSE ITS NOT A BIG FRICKIN DEAL

or maybe he thought he could pull a "chappaquidick"

Octavian
2/14/2006, 02:11 PM
when the VP of the United States literally shoots someone else w/ a gun...its a big deal

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/14/2006, 02:12 PM
:rolleyes:

holley, really......MAYBE BECAUSE ITS NOT A BIG FRICKIN DEAL

or maybe he thought he could pull a "chappaquidick"Maybe I was asking a damn question and you don't have to roll your eyes. Why didn't they report it on Saturday? Not suggesting conspiracy, just asking. If that dude had shot Cheney would they have still waited a day?

jk the sooner fan
2/14/2006, 02:12 PM
when the VP of the United States literally shoots someone else w/ a gun...its a big deal

literally? how else would you shoot somebody with a gun? figuratively?

its a HUNTING ACCIDENT

now again, explain how this is a big deal?

Octavian
2/14/2006, 02:13 PM
Heaven forbid this guy die, but he does, just wait...

The "he was going to die anyway" crowd will come out in full force...

"It wasn't the bird shot that killed him....I mean, c'mon, he was 78!"

Fugue
2/14/2006, 02:14 PM

oh it can be done, in fact I think SBSB is figuratively shooting you right now. :D

jk the sooner fan
heh :)

Octavian

its a HUNTING ACCIDENT

now again, explain how this is a big deal?

because he holds of the office of Vice President of the United States of America...almost everything he does is potentially a historical feat...much less cappin someones ***

jk the sooner fan
2/14/2006, 02:15 PM
Heaven forbid this guy die, but he does, just wait...

The "he was going to die anyway" crowd will come out in full force...

"It wasn't the bird shot that killed him....I mean, c'mon, he was 78!"

you'd be amazed, but this is really true

on a death certificate....they can put "accidental" for manner of death

weird i know....but true

jk the sooner fan
2/14/2006, 02:16 PM
because he holds of the office of Vice President of the United States of America...almost everything he does is potentially a historical feat...much less cappin someones ***

yeah its great fodder for the comedians, but really.....for the rest of america.....its only a big deal if you want it to be

if the shooting were intentional, then yes.....i'd be standing along side you

the victim in this case was just as much at fault for getting shot as cheney was for pulling the trigger

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/14/2006, 02:16 PM
oh it can be done, in fact I think SBSB is figuratively shooting you right now. :DYeah and my aim is ****, just like cheney's.

Octavian
2/14/2006, 02:18 PM
you'd be amazed, but this is really true

on a death certificate....they can put "accidental" for manner of death

weird i know....but true

wow, I didnt know that...

should give something for McClellan to work w/ against the wolves

Soonrboy
2/14/2006, 02:19 PM
nevermind.

Octavian
2/14/2006, 02:19 PM
yeah its great fodder for the comedians, but really.....for the rest of america.....its only a big deal if you want it to be

if the shooting were intentional, then yes.....i'd be standing along side you

the victim in this case was just as much at fault for getting shot as cheney was for pulling the trigger

dont get me wrong...I dont think Cheney should be prosecuted for this.

but it will definetly be a huge chunk of his legacy now..right or wrong

colleyvillesooner
2/14/2006, 02:20 PM
Yeah and my aim is ****, just like cheney's.

he got shot in the ***?

jk the sooner fan
nevermind.

dont confuse manner of death with cause of death

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
afterwards did he say denny crane?

jk the sooner fan
2/14/2006, 02:21 PM
but it will definetly be a huge chunk of his legacy now..right or wrong

now thats the funniest damn thing i've read in some time

no wonder our country is so f***ed up....we're too busy pole vaulting over mouse turds to take care of the real issues.....

Hatfield
2/14/2006, 02:23 PM
oh geez....the paranoia sometimes drives me nuts

do you realize how many accidental shootings there are in the country everyday?

how often people like you and me walk away from incidents like this scot free?

just to be clear are you saying he COULD or COULD NOT be prosecuted for this. (note the question says could and not should)

my level of ridicule will be determined by your answer. :)

Hatfield
2/14/2006, 02:24 PM
afterwards did he say denny crane?

nope...he mumbled something about rosebud.

Octavian
2/14/2006, 02:25 PM

I've heard others insinuate this as well.

I was always taught when you're in the field, its always the shooter's responsibility before he pulls the trigger.

and thats a really bad way to try to cover for Cheney...sounds like you're saying it was the old man's fault for not getting the hell outta the way of Cheney's aim

Hatfield
2/14/2006, 02:27 PM
*inserting random baseless consipacy theory now*

friday- Scooter Libby reveals the admin told him to reveal Plame's name.
saturday- Cheney shoot old man in face.
monday - all anyone wants to talk about is cheney.

damn they're good.

jk the sooner fan
2/14/2006, 02:28 PM
just to be clear are you saying he COULD or COULD NOT be prosecuted for this. (note the question says could and not should)

my level of ridicule will be determined by your answer. :)

oh i suppose he could be taken before a grand jury which would either indict him or clear him

i'll give you an example....years ago when i was stationed in killeen, a soldier went to a used car lot and asked the salesman if he could test drive "a car".....sure, so off they go....on the ride, the soldier says "hey i'd like to buy this, lets go to my house so i can get my check book"

while at the house, the soldier tries to mug the salesman by hitting him over the head with a hard object (hammer)........what he doesnt know is that the salesman carries a derringer in his back pocket

salesman pulls out aforementioned derringer and pulls trigger (after properly aiming at soldiers head).....killing soldier

the "case" is presented to the grand jury who rules the shooting a JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDE

note the word "homicide" is used - because it WAS a murder.....but they then excuse it with the justifiable part

i've investigated accidental shootings before......the 11 year old girl who shot her 13 year old sister in the throat with the 22 rifle......did we charge her?

no....

so to answer your question? could he? yes, any DA that thinks he has a case can go for broke.........would he be? in this case, not a chance in hell

because its an accident

jk the sooner fan
2/14/2006, 02:30 PM
I've heard others insinuate this as well.

I was always taught when you're in the field, its always the shooter's responsibility before he pulls the trigger.

and thats a really bad way to try to cover for Cheney...sounds like you're saying it was the old man's fault for not getting the hell outta the way of Cheney's aim

now you're not reading....because i said "just as much fault as cheney's"

meaning, they're equally at fault........if you've got a shooter who's turning to fire at a bird and one of your friends comes up unannounced in your line of fire...

they both are guilty of unsafe acts.....both of which resulted in a HUNTING ACCIDENT

Hatfield
2/14/2006, 02:32 PM
and i also agree that many of us "normal" folk walk from accidents like this all the time.

Hatfield
2/14/2006, 02:33 PM
now you're not reading....because i said "just as much fault as cheney's"

meaning, they're equally at fault........if you've got a shooter who's turning to fire at a bird and one of your friends comes up unannounced in your line of fire...

they both are guilty of unsafe acts.....both of which resulted in a HUNTING ACCIDENT

the real issue is OLD PEOPLE and GUNS don't mix.

jk the sooner fan
2/14/2006, 02:34 PM

i wont disagree with that! :)

IB4OU2
2/14/2006, 02:35 PM

Bu***hit! :mad:

OhU1
2/14/2006, 02:39 PM

Funny, I always thought that too. Just being "paranoid" maybe.

Hatfield
2/14/2006, 02:40 PM
Bu***hit! :mad:

heh...you must be old.

and jk your car salesman story is in no way analagous to cheney's situation.

KABOOKIE
2/14/2006, 02:40 PM

Sorry. The shooter is ALWAYS at fault in hunting accidents.

At least that's the way I was learn't.

IB4OU2
2/14/2006, 02:42 PM
heh...you must be old.

Iv'e been a member of the NRA for 30 years..........

jk the sooner fan
2/14/2006, 02:43 PM
heh...you must be old.

in the legal sense, yes it was, because you asked me if he could be prosecuted

i was merely illustrating how you can shoot somebody and it be "legal"

granted the cause of the shooting is much different

and i would agree that the shooter is always at fault in a hunting accident....however, all parties on a hunt are responsible for safety

cheney pulled the trigger.....thats all that matters, he'll take the blame......but the reports are that the victim has said that he bears some responsibility (i think his family reported this) because of his actions

Hatfield
2/14/2006, 03:12 PM
very different scenario from self defense and getting blasted in the face by an angry old vp on a hunting trip. as in one case you are prosecuting the guy that defended himself by dealing death and the other case you are prosecuting the guy he dealt the "death" (not in this case but you get the point)

not that i really care one way or another.

Fugue
2/14/2006, 03:14 PM
*inserting random baseless consipacy theory now*

friday- Scooter Libby reveals the admin told him to reveal Plame's name.
saturday- Cheney shoot old man in face.
monday - all anyone wants to talk about is cheney.

damn they're good.

might not even have been Cheney that shot him. There may have been a second shooter. :D

jk the sooner fan
2/14/2006, 03:14 PM
very different scenario from self defense and getting blasted in the face by an angry old vp on a hunting trip. as in one case you are prosecuting the guy that defended himself by dealing death and the other case you are prosecuting the guy he dealt the "death" (not in this case but you get the point)

not that i really care one way or another.

angry old vp on a hunting trip?

boy you sure are quick to gloss up the facts and exaggerate things to suit your point.....obvious much? i'm glad this happened though, because without it, you'd have little to make a big effing deal over

i agreed that the scenario was different.......again, i was illustrating how its possible to rule a shooting legal

i'm not sure why i bothered answering your question, you never bothered to actually read it