PDA

View Full Version : So, my son Somehow kills

85Sooner
2/14/2006, 12:50 PM
My old 61" Pioneer Elite tv by turning it on and off over and over, of course ignoring my pleas to stop. I had the feeling when the last time happened that the TV was never coming back on. Sure enough I try it and its dead. I mess around with it to no avail. I give it last rights and head down to the store to get the new one.

Anyway, I don't know what was wrong with the old one and I try to give it to any neighbor that wants it in case they want to mess with it and try to fix it. Some folks like my FIL are like that. This is a 6k TV.

No one wants it, So I get started on the demolition. BUT first I think I'll give it one more try. I hook up an antenna, plug it in and walla it fires up. I reset the convergence and now everyone comes out of the woodwork and wants it. Yeah right. So I end up with a 60" great TV in the garage. My wife says she'll never see me again.

Heh

SoonerWood
2/14/2006, 12:55 PM
Will you take tree fiddy?

crawfish
2/14/2006, 12:56 PM
Can you have sex on it?

85Sooner
2/14/2006, 01:02 PM
heh

oumartin
2/14/2006, 01:12 PM
but i thought you were the tv guru 85. you just sell and not repair?

Pricetag
2/14/2006, 01:14 PM
If you do get a new TV, don't be stepping into the store unless you intend to buy.

Widescreen
2/14/2006, 01:22 PM
If you do get a new TV, don't be stepping into the store unless you intend to buy.
Good one.

By the way, 85. I've worked a lot of upgrades using that same ploy. "Gee, honey. The thing just konked out and I have no idea why! Guess we need a new one." :D

handcrafted
2/14/2006, 01:37 PM
My old 61" Pioneer Elite tv by turning it on and off over and over, of course ignoring my pleas to stop. I had the feeling when the last time happened that the TV was never coming back on. Sure enough I try it and its dead. I mess around with it to no avail. I give it last rights and head down to the store to get the new one.

Anyway, I don't know what was wrong with the old one and I try to give it to any neighbor that wants it in case they want to mess with it and try to fix it. Some folks like my FIL are like that. This is a 6k TV.

No one wants it, So I get started on the demolition. BUT first I think I'll give it one more try. I hook up an antenna, plug it in and walla it fires up. I reset the convergence and now everyone comes out of the woodwork and wants it. Yeah right. So I end up with a 60" great TV in the garage. My wife says she'll never see me again.

Heh

My little boy killed a Technics tape deck doing that. Sadly, it did not come back to life.

Oh, and, FWIW, the word is voila! (not walla). :D

85Sooner
2/14/2006, 01:39 PM
My little boy killed a Technics tape deck doing that. Sadly, it did not come back to life.

Oh, and, FWIW, the word is voila! (not walla). :D

I stand corrected.

Pieces Hit
2/14/2006, 02:18 PM
Next time be sure to first plug it in.

Rhino
2/14/2006, 02:38 PM
walla?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/14/2006, 03:01 PM
If you do get a new TV, don't be stepping into the store unless you intend to buy.Heh!

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2006, 03:54 PM
Hell I wouldn't buy a new TV until you trade in for a new kid first.

LoyalFan
2/15/2006, 12:32 AM
Mentioned in this thread are two brats who need to be turned off...and NOT turned back on.

Scrooge

proud gonzo
2/15/2006, 12:51 AM
wallawalla, washington

yermom
2/15/2006, 12:52 AM
walla?

i think you mean viola

GottaHavePride
2/15/2006, 12:55 AM
Wollah! Stikkit yer trakkans!

Rhino
2/15/2006, 10:57 AM
i think you mean viola No, I meant "walla?".

He meant "voilą".

You meant "viola", a stringed instrument of the violin family, slightly larger than a violin, tuned a fifth lower, and having a deeper, more sonorous tone.