PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, given Saint Valentine's Day is based on a Christian feast day...

Okla-homey
2/14/2006, 10:18 AM
How come they let kids enjoy St Valentines Day festivities in public schools? Someone please alert the ACLU. This is a clear violation of the Establishment Clause of the US Constitution!

crawfish
2/14/2006, 10:28 AM
I'm sure they'll get around to it. :)

fadada1
2/14/2006, 10:30 AM
next thing you know they'll be teaching [gasp] evolution in public schools.

Hatfield
2/14/2006, 10:41 AM
even the ACLU is smart enough not to take on the female christmas.

pb4ou
2/14/2006, 10:47 AM
ACLU and smart in the same sentence.

Mind boggling

skycat
2/14/2006, 10:47 AM
I think all the pagan imagery gives it a pass.

Sort of like Halloween.

yermom
2/14/2006, 10:55 AM
even the ACLU is smart enough not to take on the female christmas.

:D

85Sooner
2/14/2006, 11:01 AM
Havn't they had their name formally changed to

Anti-American Communist Liberal Union

NormanPride
2/14/2006, 11:17 AM
<random ACLU bashing statement>

:D

soonerscuba
2/14/2006, 12:19 PM
Everyone hates the ACLU until they take your cause. 99.97%.

Soonrboy
2/14/2006, 12:30 PM
we just include it with the happy holidays celebration...covers easter too.

MamaMia
2/14/2006, 12:31 PM
I know this Native American who just graduated from the OU dental school a few years back. Hes a real nice kid from Anadarko Oklahoma. He was refused a job with the Indian Health under Wilma Mankiller when that new facility opened. There were 12 positions available. When he interviewed, he learned that there had only been 2 applicants before him. He went to the ACLU after she hired all non Native American dentists instead. They didnt do a thing, eventhough there is a law that says she was suppose to hire Native Americans first. I havent had much respect for them or Wilma Mankiller since.

85Sooner
2/14/2006, 12:35 PM
I know this Native American who just graduated from the OU dental school a few years back. Hes a real nice kid from Anadarko Oklahoma. He was refused a job with the Indian Health under Wilma Mankiller when that new facility opened. There were 12 positions available. When he interviewed, he learned that there had only been 2 applicants before him. He went to the ACLU after she hired all non Native American dentists instead. They didnt do a thing, eventhough there is a law that says she was suppose to hire Native Americans first. I havent had much respect for them or Wilma Mankiller since.

Then there really must not have been a case. THe ACLU is pretty creative at manufacturing issues.

Widescreen
2/14/2006, 01:31 PM
Everyone hates the ACLU until they take your cause. 99.97%.
I hate them 100% of the time. They are probably the #1 most dangerous organization in the US. I'm pretty sure they'll never take any of my causes. Which is fine.

Okla-homey
2/14/2006, 01:34 PM
I hate them 100% of the time. They are probably the #1 most dangerous organization in the US. I'm pretty sure they'll never take any of my causes. Which is fine.

I bet the Rev. Lonnie Latham had exactly the same opinion this time last year...NTTAWWT;)

mdklatt
2/14/2006, 01:35 PM
He went to the ACLU after she hired all non Native American dentists instead. They didnt do a thing, eventhough there is a law that says she was suppose to hire Native Americans first.

Defending a racial quota doesn't really sound like something the ACLU would be into.

OhU1
2/14/2006, 01:44 PM
The ACLU almost uniformly fights governmental power. In a lot of ways they are a conservative organization in the original meaning of that word.

A lot of "conservatives" seem to trust the government too much. The ACLU is only dangerous if you think the Bill of Rights is dangerous.

Widescreen
2/14/2006, 01:50 PM
The ACLU almost uniformly fights governmental power. In a lot of ways they are a conservative organization in the original meaning of that word.

A lot of "conservatives" seem to trust the government too much. The ACLU is only dangerous if you think the Bill of Rights is dangerous.
Interesting, then, that you can probably count on one hand the number of actual conservatives in the organization. Nearly all of them are raving leftists.

mdklatt
2/14/2006, 01:54 PM
Interesting, then, that you can probably count on one hand the number of actual conservatives in the organization. Nearly all of them are raving leftists.

Who do you think of as being conservative? No Republicans currently in power fit that description.

fadada1
2/14/2006, 02:43 PM
Defending a racial quota doesn't really sound like something the ACLU would be into.
don't let them hear you say "quota"!!!!

mdklatt
2/14/2006, 02:48 PM
don't let them hear you say "quota"!!!!

Don't let who hear that?

fadada1
2/14/2006, 02:52 PM
Don't let who hear that?
ANYONE!!!

i remember a heated arguement in a class about how affirmative action DID NOT operate on a quota system. funny how one group thought "quota", while another thought "equal opportunity".

Widescreen
2/14/2006, 04:38 PM
Who do you think of as being conservative? No Republicans currently in power fit that description.
Me.

Jimminy Crimson
2/14/2006, 05:11 PM
I havent had much respect for them or Wilma Mankiller since.

Did Wilma ever get in trouble for killing that man? :mack: ;)