PDA

View Full Version : God Bless Eddie Sutton...

Soonerus
2/14/2006, 08:26 AM
...He is a good man, good for the state and I hope and pray the rest of his life is great...he deserves it...this transcends sports...

okienole3
2/14/2006, 08:31 AM
Agreed 100%

MamaMia
2/14/2006, 12:15 PM
and God bless the people he ran into.

SeattleOUstudent
2/14/2006, 12:22 PM
Ill pour some Jim Beam on the ground for him next time Im "out".

CatfishSooner
2/14/2006, 01:56 PM
Even though he is an osu coach I still like him...and that is really the only time I have ever been able to say that about anything to do w/ osu...

Soonrboy
2/14/2006, 02:05 PM
and God bless the people he ran into.

Amen....Eddie Sutton isn't the victim in this case.

okienole3
2/14/2006, 02:09 PM
Amen....Eddie Sutton isn't the victim in this case.

well, no **** pal. But, he is the one that is being berated on this board.

Skysooner
2/14/2006, 02:11 PM
I can forgive indiscretions, but knowingly getting into a car when you know you aren't alright to drive is completely irresponsible. From the 911 reports, it is clear that he was endangering everyone he came across that evening. Hopefully it will be found that he didn't know what he was doing (from the fall at GIA). I'm not sure they will ever be able to prove it conclusively given the head trauma he suffered in the accident. He is very lucky somebody didn't die that evening.

Soonrboy
2/14/2006, 02:34 PM

He drove drunk...he could have killed someone. ****ing idiot.

okienole3
2/14/2006, 03:34 PM
He drove drunk...he could have killed someone. ****ing idiot.

Well, that depends on your definition of "drunk." I think that if it comes out that it was his pills, then it will ease up a little bit. Even if he was drunk, it is ok to have him in your prayers too. I am sure that he has remorse about the incident too. Don't let your bias as a fan get in the way of being a caring human being. Dip****.

soonerlaw
2/14/2006, 03:38 PM
It is just a horrible situation all around. He did put alot of people's lives in danger, but at the same time, he has been a hardworking and gracious coach for many years. Hopefully everyone involved in this will be okay and will be able to move on.

Soonrboy
2/14/2006, 03:43 PM
Well, that depends on your definition of "drunk." I think that if it comes out that it was his pills, then it will ease up a little bit. Even if he was drunk, it is ok to have him in your prayers too. I am sure that he has remorse about the incident too. Don't let your bias as a fan get in the way of being a caring human being. Dip****.

I was calling him a ****ing idiot, but thanks for your neg spek

:rolleyes:

The Consumate Showman
2/14/2006, 04:36 PM
Look guys, when Eddie Sutton came to Okie-light, he arrived under a black cloud of suspicion from Kentucky for NCCA rules violations concerning academic eligibility of players and paying players to come to Kentucky and play for him. You can say whatever you want about this guy, but the bottom line is that he is more than likely still struggling with his so-called past alcohol problem and he could have injured the lives of a lot more people that night. I had a little bit of respect for Eddie, but the minute all of this shiat happened, it went away. He has had some great teams at Okie-light and probably should have won the NC with goofyazz, but that doesn't cover the fact that this guy rode into Stoolwater on top of a cloud of suspicion and he will leave on top of the exact same one.

Feeling sorry for the guy is one thing, but wishing hiim well when he can't even pick up the phone and call that lady he almost killed and apologize to her for being a straight up dumbarse.....forget it, send his azz on his way and make way for rat boy and the descent of the okie-light b-ball program. If they had ANY sense whatsoever, they would consider soemone else for this job other than sissy boy sean.

I mean, I don't know about you guys, but I would kinda like to have a coach that actually PLAYED some in NCAA D-1 to caoch my team, not some glorified hype-wanna-be-hopeful-rebirth of an old coach..........

The Consumate Showman
2/14/2006, 04:40 PM

I don't think we're being biased, I hate oSwho just like any other OU fan does, but when a coach from another school does something like this, you got to start asking the hard questions. You can't just dismiss him because he's done a good job there for a long time. If this were another coach somewhere else, say a young guy like Quinn Snyder, people would be all over his AZZ. You can't start cutting Eddie slack becasue you feel his coaching has been good. There are plenty of good coaches that make boneheaded decisions all the time. I.E. Bobby Knight and Bob Huggins......

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/14/2006, 04:46 PM
we didn't do anything to mike...

Jimminy Crimson
2/14/2006, 05:08 PM

I wouldn't say he's being berated.

His actions earned him whatever he's getting.

usmc-sooner
2/14/2006, 06:24 PM
we didn't do anything to mike...

mike who?

Did he get a DUI and crash his car?

birddog
2/14/2006, 08:05 PM
Bob Huggins...that is all.

Soonerus
2/14/2006, 09:59 PM
Nobody was almost killed....sensationalist....

JohnnyMack
2/14/2006, 10:16 PM

http://www.newsok.com/cc/f13sutton_1.jpg

The Consumate Showman
2/14/2006, 10:33 PM
nice post johnnymack!

cjames317
2/15/2006, 12:57 PM
So, what's the consensus?

Can we poke fun or not?

Jimminy Crimson
2/15/2006, 01:20 PM

Seriously? :eek:

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/15/2006, 02:25 PM
So, what's the consensus?

Can we poke fun or not?

I nominate Wed to be "Poke Fun" day.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/15/2006, 02:28 PM
mike who?

Did he get a DUI and crash his car?

stoopsie, DUI at kstate right before he was hired...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/15/2006, 02:38 PM
I'm certainly not defending Mike in that instance because it is dead wrong but he has quite a bit of work to do if he is going to catch Eddie Sutton. Mike already blew a chance by not getting KSU and OU in trouble with the NCAA. He needs to start recruiting known felons and then try to get Arizona St investigated.

Jimminy Crimson
2/15/2006, 02:40 PM
I don't remember Mikey having a collision diagram drawn for him. Big difference.

Also, Mike wasn't trying to spell out the schools initials, like :eddie: was doing. ;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/15/2006, 02:50 PM
i don't know. mike was pretty hard on mailboxes in his time in norman ;)

MamaMia
2/17/2006, 12:17 PM
i don't know. mike was pretty hard on mailboxes in his time in norman ;)
I'm pretty hard on mail boxes too however I have never driven while under the influence of anything other than a car load of onery kids. :D

TheHumanAlphabet
2/17/2006, 01:18 PM
HE is a drunk! I have no remorse for this person...

Soonerus
2/17/2006, 07:51 PM
I have remorse for him, he has an illness...get real...

RacerX
2/17/2006, 08:02 PM
He has a weakness.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/18/2006, 12:26 AM

You know, I know it is an illness. I have BIL that's a drunk. You need to stop coddling these people. He admitted to a problem a long time ago. Fine, get help and prove yourself and I'm good to go...But I'm sorry, 0.22 at the time the blood test was taken. That was a **** load of alcohol to consume, not just temptation because of the back pain. That level is something on the order of a functioning alcoholic that has built up a tolerance to it...And to be consuming before a team flight!

It would also have been another thing if he on his own had sought treatment before all this occurred, now it is just CYA and a shot at reducing the charge, sentence and civil liability.

Oh, and as far as my BIL, we love him, and we tried helping him, he doesn't want help. He wants to drink and be self destructive. You can't help people like that, you need to stay away or they will bring you into their darkness as well. It is hard, but it also a fact...

Rusty D. also hit rock bottom, but he sought treatment and has seemed to learn, he gets my pass unless he relapses and does something similar. He has shown to this point to seek continual reinforcement. We all may have in some fashion an illness that stays with us, if you work and prove yourself, you show you are conscious of others and your own responsibilities...

Frozen Sooner
2/18/2006, 12:51 AM

People who suffer from diabetic blindness have an illness as well. If they climb into the driver's seat of a car, I'm calling them a dumbass and careless of human life also.

royalfan5
2/18/2006, 02:02 AM
As someone who has a very long history of alcoholism in my familiy, I am glad that the person that Eddie hit wasn't seriously injured, and I hope that Eddie can beat his demons before he is done, not because he what he as accomplished as a coach, but because I hope that every person can beat their demons before they move on to the next life, because Lord knows we all have our demons, and I hope everybody can beat theirs before they are done.

Big Red Ron
2/18/2006, 06:57 AM
http://www.4tutto.com/simpson/images/fbi-krusty.jpg

JohnnyMack
2/18/2006, 12:36 PM
some people seem to not like Mike Stoops very much around here.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/18/2006, 01:32 PM
some people seem to not like Mike Stoops very much around here.
What's with Mike.

I heard he had a dui or some sort a while back. Seems like it was a one time incident, haven't heard it being repeated. Perhaps its under the table, but those things tend to surface over time. People make mistakes and if you learn from them and grow, then you are a better person. Don't have a problem with Mike from what I am aware of...

staceyalicia
2/25/2006, 07:22 PM
I've read several messages on DUI on this board which talk about others who have had a DUI. It is very interesting to me that some say, it isn't as big a deal if they didn't have a wreck, or "there was no diagram drawn."
COME ON! There are no excuses there. They were stopped due to the way they were driving or suspicion of DUI. What would have happend if they hadn't been stopped????????? Had Eddie been pulled over before the accident, this wouldn't have happend either. Dump the excuses. Accident or not it's still wrong.:rolleyes:

Jimminy Crimson
2/25/2006, 07:30 PM
He has a weakness.

I have a weakness for boobies, must be a disease! :texan:

OUstud
2/25/2006, 08:45 PM
Anyone else find those Fenton commercials funny where he talks about buying his car there?