PDA

View Full Version : My Contact Popped Out

AllAboutThe'O'
2/14/2006, 01:45 AM
So I finish up some business tonight in a town some 40 miles away, and as I'm about to head to my car my left eye blinks and my contact comes loose. I feel around my eyeball to see if it's scrunched up somewhere but to no avail. So I drive back home with one good eye (unfortunately my left eye is my better eye). Fortunately, I made it back, but it looks like I'm going to have to call my eye doctor in the morning and get a pair of emergency glasses.
Anyone else have a lost contact lens story to share with the rest of us?

pb4ou
2/14/2006, 01:49 AM
nope, but my wife and I were bumping around at walmart last week and we passed by the optical shop and they were offering free eye screening. My wife insisted that I get my eyes screened. I have always been blessed with 20/20 vision. Well, I didn't do so hot on the far sided test so now I have an appointment with another eye doctor on Thurday for an official eye exam. Hope I don't need any glasses myself. Thanks alot Walmart. Kiss my far-sighted behind.

Tailwind
2/14/2006, 02:05 AM
Bummer.......and bummer.

AlbqSooner
2/14/2006, 07:50 AM
When my first wife spent the night with me for the first time, I got up in the middle of the night to pee. While in the bathroom I drank a glass of water and went back to bed.

Next morning she is in the bathroom trying to find the contacts she left in a glass of water on the sink, having come to my house without her contact lens case.

OUinFLA
2/14/2006, 11:30 AM
Bear in mind, Im an old guy.
I got my contacts when I was 12 and I think I was about the 4th person in Oklahoma to get them. This was back before most of you were born.

In the 9th grade Im warming up for a basketball game in Denison, and doing a layup, my contact pops out. Everyone stops and we all lay on the floor and search for it , but to no avail, couldnt be found. This was back when all you could get were clear ones.

Now, this is kinda drastic, as back then it took a couple of weeks to get a replacement lens. So, I sat out the first half, as my depth perception was a bit weird, you know slammin into the walls at the end of the court and walking into the lockers... that sort of stuff.

As I was walking to the bench to start the second half, at about mid court, I looked down and ...........Ah Ha.............there the little critter was.
Got to play in the second half................did awful..............overheard the coach say.............He actually did better without the one contact.

HoserSooner
2/14/2006, 11:38 AM
Mine always seem to slip down into the bottom of my eyeball when my eyes get dried out. I think I've lost about 5 or 6 over the past 20 years, but have been fairly lucky recently, and have been able to find them when they do come out.

The most interesting episode was washing one down the sink by accident, drunk and nekkid. I had to pull the pipes underneath the sink apart, and ended up finding it in the "loop" deal (obviously, I'm no plumber). Made a huge mess, and it stunk pretty bad by morning, but I found my lens.

SoonerWood
2/14/2006, 12:46 PM
I keep an extra pair in my car for an event such as this. I also keep an extra pair at the office, and a pair in the camping gear.

SoonerWood
2/14/2006, 12:47 PM
The most interesting episode was washing one down the sink by accident, drunk and nekkid. I had to pull the pipes underneath the sink apart, and ended up finding it in the "loop" deal (obviously, I'm no plumber). Made a huge mess, and it stunk pretty bad by morning, but I found my lens.

Soooo... you put that back in your eye? :eek:

SoonerObsession
2/14/2006, 12:56 PM
I was scheduled to be the starting pitcher against Midwest City when I was playing baseball at Westmoore. On the bus ride to the game one of my contacts fell out. I had to pitch 5 innings without my dominant eye. I ended up with a no decision because we were behind when I came out, but I held them to 2 runs. Yeeehaawww!! I looked like an idiot with one eye shut the whole time. Needless to say none of the girls at the game wanted my phone number. Oh wait, never at any time did a girl ask for my phone number. Nevermind.

BeetDigger
2/14/2006, 12:56 PM
I had to have a doctor get one from my eye one time. While I was taking it from my eye, it instead slipped up under my eyelid - way way under my eyelid. He had to get some fancy retractor thingy out (obviously, I'm no doctor) to aid in the extaction from my eye. I wear hard lenses and they can slip around your eye a bit.

I told my eye doctor about the incident. He said that he was giving a patient an eye exam one time. The patient was in her late 40's. During the exam, a contact popped out of her eye from under her eyelid. She told him she lost it 15 years earlier and had no idea that it went up into her eye, she thought she lost it on the floor. 15 years she had that thing in there!

HoserSooner
2/14/2006, 01:23 PM
Soooo... you put that back in your eye? :eek:

Oh no...I put it in the lens case...:D