PDA

View Full Version : Now, if I just had a girlfriend...

Frozen Sooner
2/14/2006, 12:48 AM
Just made my goat-cheese and chili-powder truffles.

1/8 tsp lemon extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp confectioner's sugar
8 oz dark chocolate
6 oz unsalted goat cheese.

Melt chocolate in a pan OVER simmering water. Stir until smooth. Fold in goat cheese, sugar, lemon extract, and vanilla extract. Remove from heat. Whisk until fluffy and chill for 1 hour.

Roll mixutre into 1/4" balls and roll in chili powder.

Sounds weird. Tastes awesome.

I will admit that I stole this recipe.

On the bright side, I got a girl's phone number today. Think I'm going to call her tomorrow. If she's at home, then she ain't got a boyfriend. :D

sanantoniosooner
2/14/2006, 12:50 AM
With all that cheese and chili powder you can fart the national anthem for her.

Frozen Sooner
2/14/2006, 12:51 AM
good point.

Frozen Sooner
2/14/2006, 12:52 AM
Seriously, though, people. Try the recipe. It's very very good.

crawfish
2/14/2006, 12:53 AM
If she's got a boyfriend, you can always try the goat.

pb4ou
2/14/2006, 12:54 AM
Heh - :D

C&CDean
2/14/2006, 12:55 AM
Froze,

The only thing you're gonna catch by cooking up some cheesy fag dish is either a) a fag, or (b) some chickadema who doesn't cook.

Call her. Tell her you like some cheese balls. If she makes them for you, then you're golden. If she doesn't, then she ain't worth stewing over. If it doesn't bleed, and go on the grill, you shouldn't be cooking it.

proud gonzo
2/14/2006, 01:04 AM
Just made my goat-cheese and chili-powder truffles.

1/8 tsp lemon extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp confectioner's sugar
8 oz dark chocolate
6 oz unsalted goat cheese.

Melt chocolate in a pan OVER simmering water. Stir until smooth. Fold in goat cheese, sugar, lemon extract, and vanilla extract. Remove from heat. Whisk until fluffy and chill for 1 hour.

Roll mixutre into 1/4" balls and roll in chili powder.

Sounds weird. Tastes awesome.

I will admit that I stole this recipe.

On the bright side, I got a girl's phone number today. Think I'm going to call her tomorrow. If she's at home, then she ain't got a boyfriend. :D

darn right it sounds weird

Frozen Sooner
2/14/2006, 01:07 AM
Froze,

The only thing you're gonna catch by cooking up some cheesy fag dish is either a) a fag, or (b) some chickadema who doesn't cook.

Call her. Tell her you like some cheese balls. If she makes them for you, then you're golden. If she doesn't, then she ain't worth stewing over. If it doesn't bleed, and go on the grill, you shouldn't be cooking it.

Not really trying to catch anyone there, Dean. Just making a faggy chocolatey dish.

And it has chili powder.

Tailwind
2/14/2006, 01:36 AM
What kind of goat cheese?

pb4ou
2/14/2006, 01:38 AM
Not really trying to catch anyone there, Dean. Just making a faggy chocolatey dish.

And it has chili powder.

Does the chili powder make it a faggy farty party?

Frozen Sooner
2/14/2006, 01:43 AM
What kind of goat cheese?

Just your basic unsalted will do. It's a little tough to fine, since most of what you'll find is seasoned and salted.

Tailwind
2/14/2006, 01:51 AM
Thanks. Sounds just weird enough to give it a try. :D

OUAndy1807
2/14/2006, 08:11 AM
how many does this make? Should the recipe be doubled to make it worth making?

william_brasky
2/14/2006, 08:33 AM

Does her number start with 555? :eddie:

OUAndy1807
2/14/2006, 08:40 AM
also, where could I get this cheese in OKC?

Frozen Sooner
2/14/2006, 10:12 AM
how many does this make? Should the recipe be doubled to make it worth making?

It makes about 24-30. There's plenty there. They're VERY rich.

I have no idea where you'd get the cheese in OKC other than at a decent grocery store. My local grocer carries it.

Frozen Sooner
2/14/2006, 10:13 AM
Does her number start with 555? :eddie:

CURSES, FOILED AGAIN!

No, it doesn't. But thanks for introducing the "gave me a fake number" paranoia.

Then again, she said I was "very handsome" when I met her. Not like to her friends. To me. So we've obviously got poor eyesight in common.

KC//CRIMSON
2/14/2006, 10:34 AM
Isn't "Asiago" goat cheese?

SoonerBK
2/14/2006, 10:42 AM
Is she an Eskimo? George Carlin says that one of the hardest things to do is to get wet leather leggings off of a kicking Eskimo. If she is, maybe she could bring the goat cheese, or whale blubber or whatever.

NormanPride
2/14/2006, 11:04 AM
Froze,

Can I do grilled veggies? Bologna doesn't bleed, and I like to put it in that smoker thingy... Is that against the Man Code? :texan:

mdklatt
2/14/2006, 11:11 AM
I have no idea where you'd get the cheese in OKC other than at a decent grocery store.

There really isn't such a thing around here, although Alberton's comes closest.