PDA

View Full Version : The week in the Big 12 (2/12)

AustinTXHorn
2/13/2006, 11:46 PM
1. Baylor: 3-0
3-0 week
Stephen F. Austin: 9-2, W
Stephen F. Austin: 8-3, W
Stephen F. Austin: 3-1, W

1. Texas A&M: 3-0
3-0 week
Northwestern State: 10-4, W
Northwestern State: 4-3, W
Northwestern State: 2-1, W

3. Oklahoma: 5-1
3-0 week
Western Illinois: 13-4, W
Western Illinois: 14-0, W
Western Illinois: 9-1, W

4. Kansas: 6-2
2-1 week
@ #20 Stanford: 8-2, W
@ #20 Stanford: 5-4, W
@ #20 Stanford: 3-8, L

5. Oklahoma State: 2-1
2-1 week
@ South Alabama: 17-13, W
vs. #15 Arkansas: 0-3, L (Arkansas combined no-hitter)
vs. George Mason: 11-1, W

6. Texas Tech: 3-3
0-3 week
vs. #1 Rice: 1-5, L
vs. #18 Tulane: 4-6, L
vs. TCU: 1-5, L

6. #11 Missouri: 2-2
2-2 week
vs. East Tennessee State: 2-3, L
@ Charleston Southern: 12-4, W
vs. Kennesaw State: 5-3, W
vs. Washington State: 3-9, L

8. #7 Texas: 3-4
3-1 week
UT-Pan American: 15-2, W
vs. Houston: 3-1, W
vs. #1 Rice: 5-4, W
vs. #18 Tulane: 2-4, L

Nebraska and Kansas State haven't played yet.

SeattleOUstudent
2/14/2006, 12:05 AM
I dont know if you cut/paste the info every week, but I sure do appreciate your updates!

Catch 22
2/14/2006, 12:38 AM
ditto

BoomerJack
2/14/2006, 09:54 AM
Thanks from me too, AustinTXHorn. I assume you're getting this information from the Big XII website.

AustinTXHorn
2/14/2006, 01:08 PM
Nope...I keep a database of all Big 12 games, records, pitchers of record, etc. on excel. Helps me keep up with what is going on since it's hard to find good college baseball information.

soonerguild
2/14/2006, 06:57 PM
Well I really appreciate the update, not many sooners care about baseball but for the few of us that do these updates are really cool. Thanks.

Also since you are obviously a college baseball fan, what is the deal with the baseball rankings, they don't make any sense what so ever. I'm not even talking about us dropping out of the polls or texas dropping but in one poll i saw they moved clemson #1 ahead of florida just because florida had played. Are they these pro to baseball schools all year or when everyone starts playing does it get better.

anyway keep up the good work

stoopified
2/15/2006, 05:33 PM
Nope...I keep a database of all Big 12 games, records, pitchers of record, etc. on excel. Helps me keep up with what is going on since it's hard to find good college baseball information.True dat ATH,good work and thanks.

BoomerJack
2/16/2006, 01:53 PM
Nope...I keep a database of all Big 12 games, records, pitchers of record, etc. on excel. Helps me keep up with what is going on since it's hard to find good college baseball information.

Way to go!! Keep up the good work and sharing with us. Out of curiosity, once the conference games start, will you also be posting the conference standings??

As to the comment by another party about the baseball rankings, I don't pay much attention to them until mid to late April. At that point, everyone's played enough games, in and out of conference, to give the voters a better sense of who's good and who isn't. Just my opinion.

AustinTXHorn
2/16/2006, 11:26 PM
Way to go!! Keep up the good work and sharing with us. Out of curiosity, once the conference games start, will you also be posting the conference standings??

As to the comment by another party about the baseball rankings, I don't pay much attention to them until mid to late April. At that point, everyone's played enough games, in and out of conference, to give the voters a better sense of who's good and who isn't. Just my opinion.
Yeah, I'll do conference standings.

Hard to make good sense of college baseball rankings early in the season, especially with so many different polls out there. Like one poll dropping Texas from #1 to #14 after one weekend and others slipping them to #7. I think it just depends on how much confidence they have in their preseason #1 team.

But I haven't seen any polls that moved Clemson ahead of Florida. I know that BA had them there preseason and they left them there.