PDA

View Full Version : New offensive schemes...

Soonerman08
2/13/2006, 07:25 PM
Well with Kevin Wilson designing offensive schemes for the upcoming spring practices and next season what type of offense do you see us putting out on the field? I would like to see some Spread Option, the Offset I, and Traditional I-Formations. Another classic play I would like to see is the old Flea Flicker that we used to use with Q. Yeah, I am taking it that we have to keep the I in there because Peterson is a straight power runner and best effective out of the I. I don't know what we will put out on the field but I wouldn't be suprised to see a new offensive set up. What do you all think?

BASSooner
2/13/2006, 07:41 PM
Lots of spread. Ace formations and AD running from shotgun

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/13/2006, 07:43 PM
I think we will have alot of plays where AD runs 80 yards for touchdowns and finshes up the season with 2500 yards

OU-HSV
2/13/2006, 07:45 PM
I think we will have alot of plays where AD runs 80 yards for touchdowns and finshes up the season with 2500 yards, 30tds and a Heisman Trophy
Fixed

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/13/2006, 07:47 PM
Yeah, you're right

SoonerProphet
2/13/2006, 08:05 PM

With the new o-line coach and KW taking charge, I think the spread look will make up a big chunk of the o's game.

NickZeppelin
2/13/2006, 08:30 PM
I hope we just stay much the same and give it to AD as much as possible.

BASSooner
2/13/2006, 08:34 PM
We will but I would not just rely on one person to do the job. We'll just run more of a spread, that's all.

Dr. Jelly Finger
2/13/2006, 09:01 PM
I think that we will see how good KW is this year with Chuck gone. I think that KW would have changed up the scheme a "Long" time ago and we would have seen alot more of what we saw against Oregon early in the year for 2005.

I for one am excited because I feel that this new scheme will give a young o-line an advantage by allowing the defensive front to take themselves out of the play, i.e stunts, zone blitzes, etc. This should allow the offensive linemen to use the momentum of their opponents to create some running lanes. If Clapp can keep a hat on one of the linebackers, we should be able to take some pressure off of Bomar.

I look for big things from the Sooner team for 2006. You cannot discount how big that win against Oregon was to end the season. Look at what a RB win against Michigan did for the Whorns in 2004.

Just a thought.

Stitch Face
2/13/2006, 09:58 PM
I came up with a new scheme to steal money from a Special Olympics fundraiser and then run off with my neighbor's wife. That's pretty offensive.

Blues1
2/13/2006, 10:06 PM
I see a average of 39 plus points per game in 2006 ----- :D

By a rate of 46% Passing and 54% on the ground --- OR --- Anyway we can get them........!!!!

Rock on....!

goingoneight
2/13/2006, 10:37 PM
I think we will have alot of plays where AD runs 80 yards for touchdowns and finshes up the season with 3000 yards

Oh... poor Barry... j/k!

goingoneight
2/13/2006, 10:38 PM
I came up with a new scheme to steal money from a Special Olympics fundraiser and then run off with my neighbor's wife. That's pretty offensive.

I told Texas that if they painted their ****s red, they wouldn't beat it for five years... Is that offensive?

JohnnyMack
2/13/2006, 11:21 PM
I'm planning on kicking nuns in the crotch and stealing the tithings down at the church. I'll then run out of the church screaming, "Free Eddie!!!!". And I'll wear orange while I'm doing it.

oumartin
2/13/2006, 11:23 PM
um guys,,, he rushes for 3,000 yards 40 TD's wins the Heisman and the National Championship..
GEEZ

CatfishSooner
2/13/2006, 11:26 PM
I told Texas that if they painted their ****s red, they wouldn't beat it for five years... Is that offensive?

I dont get it???? ;)

MikeInNorman
2/13/2006, 11:28 PM
I think we will have alot of plays where AD runs 80 yards for touchdowns and finshes up the season with 2500 yards

That's way too predictable. Let's throw to the fullback every down, instead of giving it to the Heisman Trophy winner. That'll fool 'em.

Collier11
2/14/2006, 04:40 AM

2,500 yds, youre and idiot boomer, lets be realistic here. Im sayin AD runs for atleast 3639 yards :D

OUfan7
2/14/2006, 02:40 PM
Does anyone remember when Danny Bradley would fake to the fullback, go down the line a few steps and gradually fade back 5-7 yds. and then throw the ball to the post??? I think running the option with A.D. as the trailing back would suck the defense up to the line and we could toast'em 99% of the time. Whadda ya think? Agree? Disagree? Opinions?

Jason White's Third Knee
2/14/2006, 02:53 PM

The Special Olympics are a sham. They are totally rigged. Even the guy in last place gets a medal. Friggin' stupid, man. What are they trying to teach these kids?

Collier11
2/14/2006, 02:57 PM
that trying is more important than winning, pffft! Wtf-ever! Thats just balderdash

NickZeppelin
2/14/2006, 03:12 PM
Does anyone remember when Danny Bradley would fake to the fullback, go down the line a few steps and gradually fade back 5-7 yds. and then throw the ball to the post??? I think running the option with A.D. as the trailing back would suck the defense up to the line and we could toast'em 99% of the time. Whadda ya think? Agree? Disagree? Opinions?

Defenses defend the option so differently then they did in the 80's. Plus those offenses with Bradley wasn't even close to Switzers best. Probably one of his worst offenses he had. Granted losing Dupree hurt but those offenses weren't that good.

mizzOUstu702
2/14/2006, 06:11 PM

Why would you want to see AD running from the shotgun? He's not Q or Kejuan; he's a downhill runner who's built for the I-form. Plus, how many pro teams do you see running a back from the shotgun? Using "under center" formations is gonna help the team this year, and AD in the long run.

BASSooner
2/14/2006, 06:53 PM
because thats how WE run OUr offense. Just from my opinion As good as a quality player AD is, I wouldn't run formations based off of how well ONE player can do.

AzianSooner
2/14/2006, 08:09 PM
I am sure there are some schemes labelled as "Upset schemes" by whorn players.

BASSooner
2/14/2006, 08:17 PM
The beep's playbook style was ALL based upon you know who and now that he is gone therefore, offensively, they're in a wreck. That coaching staff of theres will be spending all spring and summer to figure out new plays while we solidfy our defense and become more explosive on offense. Sure can't wait:)

OklahomaTrombone
2/14/2006, 08:48 PM
I hear we're gonna try to score more points than the opposition next year.

Soonerman08
2/14/2006, 08:53 PM
I hear we're gonna try to score more points than the opposition next year.

Yeah and we won't have to worry about going conservative. :D

william_brasky
2/14/2006, 09:34 PM
It will be interesting to see if AD can run from the gun, if KW so chooses, this year. AD has not looked that great from the gun. Oustanding from tailback, but not gun. He's a N/S runner. They get him going E/W he doesn't seem to that great. Heck, it gives AD something to work at I guess.

I liked how the Oregon game was called. Play action, bootlegs, Bomar out of pocket. Good stuff. You didn't know what the heck was going to happen which was a nice change from the CL machine. Who knows. After 5 games we might be able to read KW's calls.

Soonerman08
2/15/2006, 03:06 PM
I don't see Kevin Wilson as being the type of guy that is conservative like Chuck Long. He seems to go for the throat of the opponent and he has flat out stated that he will continue attacking them, if running is working we're going to run, if passing is working we're going to pass. His type of "balanced" offense is to be able to run and throw the ball. Unlike Chuck Long's offense where it seemed more like he wanted the throwing and running to be 50/50 as far as yards go. Equal number of yards thrown and ran regardless if it works or not.

Desert Sapper
2/15/2006, 03:14 PM
I think it would be great to see multiple sets and variation as far as what consists of a passing/running down. If we run out of the I on every first down I will be disappointed. If we find a weakness in each team and exploit, exploit, EXPLOIT, then I will be happy. I don't want to just win, I want to hang half a hundred by halftime. I hope KW can help us do that.

NickZeppelin
2/15/2006, 03:19 PM
I don't see Kevin Wilson as being the type of guy that is conservative like Chuck Long. He seems to go for the throat of the opponent and he has flat out stated that he will continue attacking them, if running is working we're going to run, if passing is working we're going to pass. His type of "balanced" offense is to be able to run and throw the ball. Unlike Chuck Long's offense where it seemed more like he wanted the throwing and running to be 50/50 as far as yards go. Equal number of yards thrown and ran regardless if it works or not.

I dont' care if he's conservative or not. The best offense in the 90's in the NFL was in Dallas. They were pretty conservative. It worked. Some of the best offenses ever were conservative. I would rather win with defense first. I'm not confident in our defense to take over games. They really haven't taken over games since the loss to Kansas State 35-7.

Collier11
2/15/2006, 04:30 PM
actually the game plan was put in by stoops and wilson and wilson called all the plays. Long was just around to make sure the transition went smooth

ADalltheway
2/16/2006, 02:40 PM
I think that the offendse that best suits the sooners is going to be the single back sets, give AD a chance to open somethings up I think that we have a better chance with out TE vs. FB it is going to be interesting to see what happens durring all of this. I believe that this year is going to be a break out year for AD, Rhett, and the core of recievers that showed glipses of what they will be in the future.
Some of you might read this and question my breakout year for AD but I believe that we have still not seen the best the AD has to offer. he is going to be better then anyone ever would have thought. This whole year is going to bring back the domince that we have had for the last few years (minus last year) national championships for the next few years!!!

NormanPride
2/16/2006, 03:09 PM
If he plays every game like the Holiday Bowl, he could be the best ever (assuming he learns when to stretch the ball :( ). I agree with the single-back sets, but we need sets with the FB in there for power purposes. I don't know why we don't use offset-I stuff to change the formations around. Can someone explain the benefits/problems implementing something like this would mean?

We would be deadly if we had an offensive line like UT's or USC's. USC could run an I-slot all the time and have enough time for their WRs to make it downfield no matter what the blitz schemes... Now THAT is versatility!

Ban One Sooner
2/19/2006, 04:18 PM
We would be deadly if we had an offensive line like UT's or USC's.

If we had that, it wouldn't much matter what set they put AD in, I could probably even get two or three yards behind USC's O-line from the past couple of years.

goingoneight
2/19/2006, 07:55 PM
I'm not drinking the KW kool-aid yet. I doubt he created that Holiday Bowl offensive game plan. I think he simply followed CL's schemes.

Ri-hight... that would be why we just played ALL the rest of our games with that offensive set in 2005. Note: sarcasm...
If we did even half of the play-fakes, bootlegs, and quick passing that we did in the Holiday Bowl, most would never have caught up...