PDA

View Full Version : shooting by VP is getting out of control

fadada1
2/13/2006, 03:37 PM
have msnbc on to watch the olympics, and they're showing stuff on cheney shooting his pal.

are we all in agreement that most of those in the press are total scum? there showing some of the press conference by WH COS mcclellan... anyway, the press is treating him like crap. asking, "why don't we know more????" "what took so long to report it??" "why are you not telling us anything??""

hey *******s, don't kill the messenger!!!!

and why is it such a big deal anyway??? OK, the VP made a mistake - it was an accident. nothing more, nothing less. crap like this happens everyday. nothing more than 2 hillbillies out hunting birds, and one of them pulled the trigger at the wrong time.

DAMMIT, I HATE THE MEDIA!!!!!

Fugue
2/13/2006, 03:43 PM
sure is drawing the media attention away from other things isn't it?

Tear Down This Wall
2/13/2006, 03:43 PM
So, you're saying Cheney should invite the press to go hunting with him someday? :P

TopDaugIn2000
2/13/2006, 03:45 PM
sure is drawing the media attention away from other things isn't it?

WORD

fadada1
2/13/2006, 03:47 PM
So, you're saying Cheney should invite the press to go hunting with him someday? :P
now that you mention it...

1stTimeCaller
2/13/2006, 03:49 PM
the VP has nothing on my buddy Brian. That clown has shot three people on two different hunting trips. I wasn't on either hunt but did see the guys faces with the shot in them afterwards. Apparently Brian likes to shoot down the line. Getting Chris and Steve in one shot was pretty good, I guess.

Rhino
2/13/2006, 03:57 PM
http://dickcheneyquailhunt.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

IB4OU2
2/13/2006, 04:03 PM
the VP has nothing on my buddy Brian. That clown has shot three people on two different hunting trips. I wasn't on either hunt but did see the guys faces with the shot in them afterwards. Apparently Brian likes to shoot down the line. Getting Chris and Steve in one shot was pretty good, I guess.

Remind me never to take Brian hunting. Some people don't know how to handle a gun or think Safety first, they just get excited and pull the trigger. Iv'e hunted for many years and have seen other hunters get peppered with buckshot. I saw one guy get shot in the face at about 25 yards while quail hunting by a kid who didn't pull up when a quail flushed.
He was taken to the hospital and spent about 6 hours there while they pulled buckshot out of his face. This kind of accident normally occurs when you hunt with people that don't handle guns much. That's why Hunter Safety courses are so critical for everybody to attend.

and that's why I don't hunt with folks I don't know anymore. Plus always wear safety glasses when shotgunning.

mdklatt
2/13/2006, 04:07 PM
A shooting involving VPOTUS is more newsworthy than most of the crap the media force feeds us.

mdklatt
2/13/2006, 04:08 PM
Plus always wear safety glasses when shotgunning.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

YWIA for the fark idea.

skycat
2/13/2006, 04:10 PM
My uncle shot my dad once. They had been hunting together for decades. I wan't there, but it was apparently fairly long range, and not too much shot got him. But a piece did hit him in the eye. Luckily everything turned out okay.

They still hunt together.

1stTimeCaller
2/13/2006, 04:16 PM
I'll go with people I don't know but until I get a feel for the new folks I stay a few feet behind them and watch them and their gun for the first few coveys.

OklahomaTuba
2/13/2006, 04:17 PM
If only the dude that got peppered was black, hispanic or arab. Oh how fun THAT would have been.

SCOUT
2/13/2006, 04:32 PM
I have been listening to the radio today and it sounds like that SNL skit where Buckwheat got shot.

They are coming out of every break with an update on "the man shot by Vice Presidnet Cheney." I will acknowledge that it is definitely news worthy but the minute to minute coverage is over the top.

mdklatt
2/13/2006, 04:34 PM
They are coming out of every break with an update on "the man shot by Vice Presidnet Cheney." I will acknowledge that it is definitely news worthy but the minute to minute coverage is over the top.

There must not be any pretty blonde rich girls missing at the moment, and it's not shark attack season yet.

NormanPride
2/13/2006, 04:40 PM
Next on 6! This Starbucks Latte is getting cold! Whose Starbucks Latte is it? Will they pick it up in time?!

BillyBall
2/13/2006, 04:40 PM
If only the dude that got peppered was black, hispanic or arab. Oh how fun THAT would have been.

If it was a black, disabled, arab, woman...... Media gold.

lexsooner
2/13/2006, 05:08 PM
I know nothing about hunting, but I listened to some hunters at work today laughing about the entire affair. They said an ordinary citizen would be cited for unsafe hunting practices by a game warden for the shooting. They also said Cheney violated a cardinal rule of hunting - never fire unless you know where your hunting partners are located.

Also, was the hunting party going around quail hunting by car? The news reports state the party got out of a car to fire at a covey of quail. After this first shoot where some birds were killed, the lawyer went to retrieve the birds and came back where he was blasted in the face by Cheney. The hunters at work could not believe anyone would hunt by car. They think because the lawyer went to retrieve, no dogs were part of the hunt, so they probably used their car to flush out the quail, which is illegal, they say.

Yes, the press is making too big a deal out of it, but it is nonetheless kind of comical - unless you are Cheney or his buddy whom he blasted with bird shot in the face. Hey, maybe Nino Scalia will think twice about going hunting with Dick.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/13/2006, 05:21 PM
If only the dude that got peppered was black, hispanic or arab. Oh how fun THAT would have been.What if the lawyer was like most lawyers, and was DEMOCRAT! The media would have called it the beginning of the next Civil War!

Hatfield
2/13/2006, 05:30 PM
wh press corp is just ****ed that some local yokel paper broke the story and not them.

so they will feign agitation for a few days.
mcclellan will sweat profusely as usual
and then the softball questions and acceptance of nonanswers will resume sometime say thursday.

OklahomaTuba
2/13/2006, 05:39 PM
What if the lawyer was like most lawyers, and was DEMOCRAT! The media would have called it the beginning of the next Civil War!

Oh no, even better, a black homosexual democrat.

The liberals would already be staging their usual pre-planned "spontaneous" anti-whatever protest outside Bush's ranch demanding an impeachment and withdrawal from whatever we happen to be doing that day.

This sounds like a great movie BTW. I bet Michael Moore already checked outta the fat farm and is booking a camera crew with looney clooney on next years oscar winner.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/13/2006, 05:42 PM
Oh lawdy. You guys flipped out when the Gores kissed on TV. No matter who is in office, the other party is always complaining about something.

OklahomaTuba
2/13/2006, 05:45 PM
Well, that was just disgusting. Like bubba in the nutters running around town.

mdklatt
2/13/2006, 05:47 PM
Well, that was just disgusting. Like bubba in the nutters running around town.

I assume you're kidding, but sadly there are people who think that PDA (between a husband and wife, no less) is both more noteworthy and worse than shooting somebody.

VeeJay
2/13/2006, 05:47 PM
Didn't Carter beat some varmint to death with a boat padle whilst he was Commander-inChief?

WTF was that all about?

Mjcpr
2/13/2006, 05:49 PM
Didn't Carter beat some varmint to death with a boat padle whilst he was Commander-inChief?

WTF was that all about?

That was Amy and it was an ugly stick.

;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/13/2006, 07:35 PM
That was Amy and it was an ugly stick.

;)Yeah, Chelsea got lucky, and turned out not so bad looking, but poor Amy took after her father.

TUSooner
2/13/2006, 08:01 PM
At least Gerald Ford just plunked 'em with golf balls.

Okla-homey
2/13/2006, 09:51 PM
Truman once threatened to whup a reporters arse who said daughter Margeret couldn't play the piano and sing worf a dang.

seriously.

homerSimpsonsBrain
2/14/2006, 01:40 AM
‘Late Show with David Letterman,’ CBS
“Good news, ladies and gentlemen, we have finally located weapons of mass destruction: It’s Dick Cheney.”

“But here is the sad part — before the trip Donald Rumsfeld had denied the guy’s request for body armor.”

“We can’t get Bin Laden, but we nailed a 78-year-old attorney.”

“The guy who got gunned down, he is a Republican lawyer and a big Republican donor and fortunately the buck shot was deflected by wads of laundered cash. So he’s fine. He took a little in the wallet.”

‘The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,’ NBC
“Although it is beautiful here in California, the weather back East has been atrocious. There was so much snow in Washington, D.C., Dick Cheney accidentally shot a fat guy thinking it was a polar bear.

“That’s the big story over the weekend. ... Dick Cheney accidentally shot a fellow hunter, a 78-year-old lawyer. In fact, when people found out he shot a lawyer, his popularity is now at 92 percent.”

“I think Cheney is starting to lose it. After he shot the guy he screamed, ‘Anyone else want to call domestic wire tapping illegal?”’

“Dick Cheney is capitalizing on this for Valentine’s Day. It’s the new Dick Cheney cologne. It’s called Duck!”

‘The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,’ Comedy Central
“Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot a man during a quail hunt ... making 78-year-old Harry Whittington the first person shot by a sitting veep since Alexander Hamilton. Hamilton, of course, [was] shot in a duel with Aaron Burr over issues of honor, integrity and political maneuvering. Whittington? Mistaken for a bird.”

“Now, this story certainly has its humorous aspects. ... But it also raises a serious issue, one which I feel very strongly about. ... moms, dads, if you’re watching right now, I can’t emphasize this enough: Do not let your kids go on hunting trips with the vice president. I don’t care what kind of lucrative contracts they’re trying to land, or energy regulations they’re trying to get lifted — it’s just not worth it.”

TopDaugIn2000
2/14/2006, 09:40 AM
Oh no, even better, a black homosexual democrat.

oh Please.....everyone knows a black homosexual democrat would NEVER go hunting.

Rhino
2/14/2006, 04:50 PM
The Daily Show:

Jon Stewart: "I'm joined now by our own vice-presidential firearms mishap analyst, Rob Corddry. Rob, obviously a very unfortunate situation. How is the vice president handling it?

Rob Corddry: "Jon, tonight the vice president is standing by his decision to shoot Harry Wittington. According to the best intelligence available, there were quail hidden in the brush. Everyone believed at the time there were quail in the brush.

"And while the quail turned out to be a 78-year-old man, even knowing that today, Mr. Cheney insists he still would have shot Mr. Whittington in the face. He believes the world is a better place for his spreading buckshot throughout the entire region of Mr. Whittington's face."

Jon Stewart: "But why, Rob? If he had known Mr. Whittington was not a bird, why would he still have shot him?"

Rob Corddry: "Jon, in a post-9-11 world, the American people expect their leaders to be decisive. To not have shot his friend in the face would have sent a message to the quail that America is weak."

Jon Stewart: "That's horrible."

Rob Corddry: "Look, the mere fact that we're even talking about how the vice president drives up with his rich friends in cars to shoot farm-raised wingless quail-tards is letting the quail know 'how' we're hunting them. I'm sure right now those birds are laughing at us in that little 'covey' of theirs.

Jon Stewart: "I'm not sure birds can laugh, Rob."

Rob Corddry: "Well, whatever it is they do … coo .. they're cooing at us right now, Jon, because here we are talking openly about our plans to hunt them. Jig is up. Quails one, America zero.

Jon Stewart: "Okay, well, on a purely human level, is the vice president at least sorry?"

Rob Corddry: "Jon, what difference does it make? The bullets are already in this man's face. Let's move forward across party lines as a people … to get him some sort of mask."