PDA

View Full Version : D-U-I Chant

JohnnyMack
2/13/2006, 02:02 PM
I expect it will be a loud one at the Lloyd Noble Center on the night of February 27th, no?

crawfish
2/13/2006, 02:05 PM
I hope not. We should have more class than the idiots up north.

Mjcpr
2/13/2006, 02:05 PM
That would be classy.

JohnnyMack
2/13/2006, 02:10 PM
Pat = FunBuzzkill.

Big Red Ron
2/13/2006, 02:11 PM
Did you see the sheep humpers with their blow up cell phones and whatnot.

Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha D-U-I Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha DONT DRINK AND DIVE Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha

It's not like he died or anything

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2006, 02:11 PM
funnier and less harsh would be 'where's your daddy?'

Mjcpr
2/13/2006, 02:12 PM
Pat = FunBuzzkill.

What does crawfish = ??

Jimminy Crimson
Did you see the sheep humpers with their blow up cell phones and whatnot.

Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha D-U-I Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha DONT DRINK AND DIVE Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha

It's not like he died or anything

if anything, he could have killed the woman in the burb or someone else

Big Red Ron
Or ...there goes the new stadium...

Jimminy Crimson
What does crawfish = ??

good eatin! :texan:

NormanPride
Don't bother. He's not going to be there... He's headed back to Betty Ford. ;)

Big Red Ron
2/13/2006, 02:13 PM
if anything, he could have killed the woman in the burb or someone elseSee but he didn't. I'd never goe ther if he did.

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2006, 02:14 PM
Don't bother. He's not going to be there... He's headed back to Betty Ford. ;)

ooh, thats a good chant!

BET-TY FO-ORD <CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP>

Mjcpr
2/13/2006, 02:14 PM

Exactly!

Taxman71
2/13/2006, 02:15 PM
It is safe to say the OHP 'don't drink and drive' beer goggle skit during timeouts will not be revived at this year's Bedlam game.

Big Red Ron
2/13/2006, 02:16 PM
fell off the wagon clap clap clap and bumped his head clap clap clap

OklahomaTrombone
Soup with Crackers <clap clap clapclapclap>

Jimminy Crimson
It is safe to say the OHP 'don't drink and drive' beer goggle skit during timeouts will not be revived at this year's Bedlam game.

OH, SNAP! :P

I hope they do that skit!

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2006, 02:17 PM
Does the Eddie falling down/crashing overtake Brent Rawls falling off the turnip truck in terms of funny?

JohnnyMack
2/13/2006, 02:27 PM
What does crawfish = ??

More likely to neg me? :O

Grimey
2/13/2006, 02:29 PM

yup. what an Aggie thing to do

IB4OU2
2/13/2006, 02:32 PM

I agree, but I took alot of *hit uphere when Dusty had his problems last year. Glass Houses.........

OUTromBoNado
2/13/2006, 02:37 PM
For the record, I'm about 95% sure it wasn't alcohol related. It was more than likely the prescribed pain medication he's been given for all of his back and hip problems.

You know how they say don't take Benadryl and drive 'cause it makes you drowsy, this is the same type of thing with his medication. However, Oklahoma law includes precription meds in the definition of DUI. It's a shame, because everyone is probably going to just report it as "DUI" and jump to the conclusion that it's alcohol, which I'd be willing to bet money it's not.

Probably will be more crap that keeps him out of the hall of fame, which will be a shame.

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2006, 02:39 PM
pain meds dont give you fruity breath

pain meds mixed with liquor = bad combo, hence falling down and such

:eddie:

Big Red Ron
2/13/2006, 02:41 PM
For the record, I'm about 95% sure it wasn't alcohol related. It was more than likely the prescribed pain medication he's been given for all of his back and hip problems.

You know how they say don't take Benadryl and drive 'cause it makes you drowsy, this is the same type of thing with his medication. However, Oklahoma law includes precription meds in the definition of DUI. It's a shame, because everyone is probably going to just report it as "DUI" and jump to the conclusion that it's alcohol, which I'd be willing to bet money it's not.

Probably will be more crap that keeps him out of the hall of fame, which will be a shame.Course it's probably a lot easier to quit drinking if you have a steady supply of pain killers.

just sayin...

Beef
2/13/2006, 02:48 PM

Probably will be more crap that keeps him out of the hall of fame, which will be a shame.
Why is it relevant whether it's alcohol or prescription medications? You make it sound like causing an accident because you were overly medicated isn't as bad as causing an accident when you're drunk? The bottom line is he ran into another car because he was allegedly driving under the influence. It's not like the guy can't afford to take a cab if his motor skills are affected.

mdklatt
2/13/2006, 03:00 PM
Does the Eddie falling down/crashing overtake Brent Rawls falling off the turnip truck in terms of funny?

No. :O

OUAndy1807
2/13/2006, 03:05 PM

they should bring the skit back, but have a student with the goggles on competing against Sutton in dodgeball or some other activity.

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2006, 03:25 PM
Maybe they could bring in the Stanford mascot to participate in the skit, too! :D

crawfish
2/13/2006, 04:49 PM

:eek:

Stay away from me. :mad:

OUstud
2/13/2006, 04:52 PM
"Hey, Aggies...

[students all point at Aggy bench]

YOU DRINK! YOU DRIVE! YOU LOSE!"

That would be fantastic.

But hopefully :eddie: gets over this. I feel kinda bad for him. I think this team drove him to it.

mdklatt
2/13/2006, 04:53 PM
A DUI chant would be in very bad taste. DUI kills people.

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2006, 04:57 PM
A DUI chant would be in very bad taste. DUI kills careers.

;)

Half a Hundred
2/13/2006, 05:05 PM
There's a part of me that really wants this to be about prescription painkillers... I can think of so many ways to make fun of JamesOn as well, killing two birds with one stone

mdklatt
2/13/2006, 05:18 PM
Is there some way to work in a screeching tires/crunching metal sound effect on the PA? Maybe whenever an oSu ball goes out of bounds, i.e. on the wrong side of the line. :D

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2006, 05:31 PM
Left Of Center! <clap clap clapclapclap>

:D

Taxman71
2/13/2006, 05:33 PM
Possible songs to be played at the LNC during Bedlam:

I Can't Drive 55
Dead Man's Curve
Last Kiss

colleyvillesooner
2/13/2006, 05:34 PM
OOOOOOOOOOO SSSSSSSSSSS UUUUUUUUUUU Swerves!

BeanoBannedMe I'm Sad
2/13/2006, 05:45 PM
Way to take the low road guys.

Hopefully you will die a painful death someday.:D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/13/2006, 05:46 PM
Does the Eddie falling down/crashing overtake Brent Rawls falling off the turnip truck in terms of funny?No. Rawls was an idiot 19 year old. :eddie: is an old man with a documented problem.

Big Red Ron
2/13/2006, 05:50 PM
Left Of Center! <clap clap clapclapclap>

:D:texan:

NormanPride
2/13/2006, 06:03 PM
Maybe we can get everyone behind the OSU bench to load up on fruity perfume or something. :D

OKC-SLC
2/13/2006, 06:56 PM
pain meds mixed with liquor = solid weekend
fixed.

mdklatt
2/13/2006, 07:06 PM
you will die a painful death someday

Only if Eddie gets his license back.

StoopTroup
2/13/2006, 07:07 PM
I've been out of pocket due to a death in the near family.

Just got up to speed on this one.

All I have to say is this....

OsUCH !

:eddie: :eddie: :eddie: :eddie: :eddie: :eddie: :eddie: :eddie:

OKC-SLC
2/13/2006, 07:22 PM
I've been out of pocket due to a death in the near family.

Just got up to speed on this one.

All I have to say is this....

OsUCH !

:eddie: :eddie: :eddie: :eddie: :eddie: :eddie: :eddie: :eddie:
my condolences.

Soonerborn03
2/13/2006, 07:36 PM
I can't understand how so many people can take pleasure in the fact that this has happened to the Sutton family. When Eddie's on the court, I hate him as much as any other sooner fan, but when it comes to things off the court, he's still a human being with a family. I won't participate in any chants having to do with this incident.

Let the Aggies do what they want when we come to town. Who really gives a ****? They're aggies.....I hope Sooner fans have enough class to leave the 'DUI" chant out when oSu comes to town.

Big Red Ron
2/13/2006, 07:52 PM
I can't understand how so many people can take pleasure in the fact that this has happened to the Sutton family. When Eddie's on the court, I hate him as much as any other sooner fan, but when it comes to things off the court, he's still a human being with a family. I won't participate in any chants having to do with this incident.

Let the Aggies do what they want when we come to town. Who really gives a ****? They're aggies.....I hope Sooner fans have enough class to leave the 'DUI" chant out when oSu comes to town.Clap Clap, Clap Clap Clap Clap. You haven't been to Aggie land for a basketball game have you.

mdklatt
2/13/2006, 07:54 PM
I can't understand how so many people can take pleasure in the fact that this has happened to the Sutton family.

Our pleasure does not come at the expense of the Sutton family, but at the expense of the sheep humper fans.

Big Red Ron
2/13/2006, 07:57 PM
Our pleasure does not come at the expense of the Sutton family, but at the expense of the sheep humper fans.Zactly.

william_brasky
2/13/2006, 08:13 PM

Very well put.

birddog
2/13/2006, 08:46 PM
I agree it would be a bit distasteful to chant anything like that at the game. If it was a player, well, they're open game:

The car sped off the highway, went through the guard rail, rolled down a cliff, bounced off a tree and finally shuddered to a stop. A passing motorist, who had witnessed the entire accident, helped the miraculously unharmed driver out of the wreck.

"Good lord, mister," he gasped, "Are you drunk?"

"Of course," said the man, brushing the dirt from his suit. "What the hell do you think I am ... a stunt driver?"

walkoffsooner
2/13/2006, 09:10 PM
Fruity breath is low blood sugar which will put you in diabetic coma.

birddog
2/13/2006, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I've heard that too. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

OUTromBoNado
2/13/2006, 10:48 PM
Why is it relevant whether it's alcohol or prescription medications? You make it sound like causing an accident because you were overly medicated isn't as bad as causing an accident when you're drunk? The bottom line is he ran into another car because he was allegedly driving under the influence. It's not like the guy can't afford to take a cab if his motor skills are affected.

Yes, the bottom line is he caused an accident because of DUI. I know it doesn't matter whether or not it's prescription meds or alcohol. However, I'm slightly p***** that everyone starts resorting to calling it alcohol and making alcohol-related jokes. With it being Eddie Sutton and his past troubles with alcoholism, it does make a different whether it was meds or liquor. If it was alcohol, as far as his reputation and character go, it's a whole lot worse. I'm just sayin'.

We should really be thankful that no one else was hurt and hope that he hasn't had a relapse of alcohol problems. I have a ton of respect for someone like Sutton (and Dusty) that can admit when they have a problem, are man enough to seek help, and overcome it. That takes a lot of courage. I just hope that he's remembered more for his coaching accomplishments and his leadership after the plane crash than for his pitfalls.

Unforuntately, society tends to find negatives more interesting than positives. It's a shame that so many people that accomplish cool things go down in history and are remembered for one stupid mistake. Why do you think you always see bad news on the Evening News shows? People like bad news.

oumartin
2/13/2006, 11:22 PM
The word DUI does not scare me!

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/13/2006, 11:36 PM
You know, as much as I like to see OSU and the Cowboys in chaos. I'd probably giggle a little bit if they lost every game in every sport from here to eternity.

Real life trumps sport in my mind. Sure, Eddie brought a lot of this on himself by making stupid decisions and I even think it's ok to cheer for justice to be done. However, after given a little time to reflect, I think it's always sad when someone's actual life is going down the tubes.

I'm moving this thread to smack central.

birddog
2/14/2006, 12:05 AM
Of course, I've known fruitty breath to be Mad Dog as well.

birddog
2/14/2006, 12:15 AM
I wish some Humpers would come here and talk a little bit. It's no fun when we all share the same outlook on all this.

Big Red Ron
2/14/2006, 12:20 AM
You know, as much as I like to see OSU and the Cowboys in chaos. I'd probably giggle a little bit if they lost every game in every sport from here to eternity.

Real life trumps sport in my mind. Sure, Eddie brought a lot of this on himself by making stupid decisions and I even think it's ok to cheer for justice to be done. However, after given a little time to reflect, I think it's always sad when someone's actual life is going down the tubes.

I'm moving this thread to smack central.Agreed but he did rat out Kelvin. I think his life will be fine. He's rich and his son has been handed a major college BBall team. Glass houses and whatnot.

InolaSooner
2/18/2006, 12:25 PM
How's this chant, Eddie Eddie Eddie(clapp clapp) can i have a drink

birddog
2/19/2006, 12:29 PM
Queens of the Stone Age song

Nicotine valium vicodin marijuana ecstasy and alcohol.

JohnnyMack
2/19/2006, 02:34 PM
How about a,

"Point! Two! Two!"

chant instead?

OklahomaTrombone
2/19/2006, 02:38 PM
maybe the fans could wear black shirts underneath their regular shirts and have random black outs.

colleyvillesooner
2/20/2006, 01:03 PM
Queens of the Stone Age song

Nicotine valium vicodin marijuana ecstasy and alcohol.

Cuh Cuh Cuh Cuh Cuh Co-caine!!

jeremy885
2/21/2006, 10:58 AM
maybe the fans could wear black shirts underneath their regular shirts and have random black outs.

Or S.A.D.D. shirts.

critical_phil
2/21/2006, 11:13 AM
I can't understand how so many people can take pleasure in the fact that this has happened to the Sutton family..

thanks for the insight.

up to this point, i was having trouble figuring out who the victims in this incident were.

stonecoldsoonerfan
2/21/2006, 12:08 PM
i wouldn't advocate a dui chant, but i do seem to remember some classless stunts from the aggy fanbase when billy tubbs was runover by a car. i wouldn't do it myself, but i can understand why others would want to.

CoSooner
2/21/2006, 10:30 PM
A DUI chant is a classless idea
We should show :eddie: respect and not drop to Okey-light level.

critical_phil
2/21/2006, 10:55 PM
Sou-thern Com-fort

clap clap clapclapclap

william_brasky
2/22/2006, 01:35 AM
I did some hardcore internet research and found a stock police photo of Eddie being pulled over in Stillwater sometime last year. This is confidential and priveleged information, so feel lucky and fortunate to view this gem.

http://www.handmadewebsites.com/andy/otis2.jpg

Crimsontothecore
2/22/2006, 08:12 PM
Hey! Here's an idea....Lets all wear orange to represent the vest eddie will be wearing when he picks up trash....uh.....nevermind...I forgot, that's the color they all wear anyway.