PDA

View Full Version : So I guess we are abusing and indiscriminately rounding up Arabs these days...

OklahomaTuba
2/13/2006, 11:17 AM
According to Mr. Internet...

Former Vice President Al Gore told a mainly Saudi audience on Sunday that the U.S. government committed "terrible abuses" against Arabs after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and that most Americans did not support such treatment.
Gore said Arabs had been "indiscriminately rounded up" and held in "unforgivable" conditions. The former vice president said the Bush administration was playing into al-Qaida's hands by routinely blocking Saudi visa applications.

"The thoughtless way in which visas are now handled, that is a mistake," Gore said during the Jiddah Economic Forum.http://apnews.myway.com//article/20060213/D8FNUKEO0.html

good job trying to inflame the arab world some more you dumb****.

Thank GOD you lost. :rolleyes:

NormanPride
2/13/2006, 11:45 AM
You know, I'll never understand why the drunk idiot and the whiner prissy boy in high school became politicians, and not the nice smart guy or the funny smart girl. You know?

OklahomaTuba
2/13/2006, 11:48 AM
You know, I'll never understand why the drunk idiot and the whiner prissy boy in high school became politicians

Or better yet, why they won't hang it up after getting beat.

Interesting how libz like to go overseas to scream about how bad the USA is. Just another of many examples.

mdklatt
2/13/2006, 11:53 AM
Or better yet, why they won't hang it up after getting beat.

Interesting how libz like to go overseas to scream about how bad the USA is. Just another of many examples.

Who do you think he was referring to as the drunk idiot?

IBTL!

NormanPride
2/13/2006, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't say all of them do... Just Gore and Moore; two people who have kind of gone off the deep end, really...

yermom
2/13/2006, 11:56 AM
yeah, all you get are the ****** and the turd sammich to vote for

soonerscuba
2/13/2006, 12:03 PM
Damn those who have made a life of public service, damn them to hell!

yermom
2/13/2006, 12:16 PM

the guys in the Army and stuff?

man, what's wrong with you?

mdklatt
2/13/2006, 12:17 PM

Do you really think more than a handful of career politicians haven't been sucked in by the system? I'm not even sure many politicians start off with good intentions. Public service my ***. Public service requires careful consideration of the issues, not party demagoguery. Public servants don't look to line their own pockets at the expense of their constituents.

OklahomaTuba
2/13/2006, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't say all of them do... Just Gore and Moore; two people who have kind of gone off the deep end, really...Don't forget Howard Dean. He has a thing for going to Canada to tell the canuks how evil Bush and the USA is, and to raise money.

yermom
2/13/2006, 12:20 PM
Do you really think more than a handful of career politicians haven't been sucked in by the system? I'm not even sure many politicians start off with good intentions. Public service my ***. Public service requires careful consideration of the issues, not party demagoguery. Public servants don't look to line their own pockets at the expense of their constituents.

yeah, local guys who have day jobs are one thing

i'm not exactly excited for career politicians who take off for months at a time to get elected for other jobs or don't even show up to vote half the time

OklahomaTuba
2/13/2006, 12:22 PM
My favorite is when a politican takes time off from his elected job to campaign for another elected job.

I don't think its unreasonable to ask that the person resign if seeking a higher office.

mdklatt
2/13/2006, 12:22 PM
yeah, local guys who have day jobs are one thing

The local guys who aren't trying to use that office as a stepping stone, anyway. Even local politics is full on corruption, I'm sure. Especially in this Good Ol' Boy state.

yermom
2/13/2006, 12:24 PM
yeah, but at least they aren't making tons of money and voting for pay raises for themselves

mdklatt
2/13/2006, 12:29 PM
yeah, but at least they aren't making tons of money and voting for pay raises for themselves

No, just giving contracts to their brother-in-laws and whatnot.

yermom
2/13/2006, 12:30 PM
yeah, that doesn't bother me as much for some reason :D