PDA

View Full Version : I'm HOME!!!!

soonerbrat
2/13/2006, 01:45 AM
The girls took 1st place in the tournament...they won in overtime PK's. It was VERY exciting. They are a 2nd team playing against 1st teams from other clubs, so it was quite a big deal. coach told me that he had gotten a lot of flak from the guy who runs the soccer club about taking a 2nd team to a big tournament like that...like we'd have no chance or something...well we showed them!

He says for labor day next year he wants to take the girls to Atlanta!

need to start fundraiting NOW!!!

and by the way...my incessant complaining about the hotel finally paid off. They comped my room. All I had to do was go to the front desk when other guests were standing around and mention the cockroaches and spooge spots.

i'm sooooooooooooooooooo happy to be home. and i'll be much hppier in about 10 mins hwen my sleeping pills kick in. im trying to unbecome an insomniac.

Wish Me Luckl.

chriscappel
2/13/2006, 01:53 AM
Congrats and welcome back!

GottaHavePride
2/13/2006, 01:54 AM
I hope you ate some awesome food while you were out there.

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2006, 01:58 AM
way to go brat junior! and welcome home.
did you steal any pain meds like you promised me?

:texan:

oumartin
2/13/2006, 02:10 AM
u actually had cockroaches?

the splooge i could handle but those cockroaches are a deal breaker.

BTW. Your gas bill was 315.00 for the month.

yermom
2/13/2006, 02:14 AM
i dunno, the cockroaches wouldn't be in be in bed with you most likely

soonerbrat
2/13/2006, 08:53 AM
I hope you ate some awesome food while you were out there.

yep. went to a place called Los Cuetas..very tasty. The coach and I got into town first and we ate lunch there. He liked it so much that we took the team there saturday night.

soonerbrat
2/13/2006, 08:56 AM
u actually had cockroaches?

the splooge i could handle but those cockroaches are a deal breaker.

BTW. Your gas bill was 315.00 for the month.

I didn't have cockroaches in my room (well, none that I saw, anyway). ONe of the other families had them, so they sent a guy to spray for them and then said it was OK for them to sleep in there after he sprayed..tha'ts a little shady to me

ChickSoonerFan
2/13/2006, 09:15 AM
Welcome back! You were missed and you missed some fun too!

Congrats on the win!

soonerbrat
2/13/2006, 09:33 AM

how was the big event???

ChickSoonerFan
2/13/2006, 09:45 AM

how was the big event???

it was huge! :D

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62289

Howzit
2/13/2006, 09:47 AM
psst...Chick...the politically correct answer would have been "it was HUUUGE!!!!1"

ChickSoonerFan
2/13/2006, 09:48 AM
psst...Chick...the politically correct answer would have been "it was HUUUGE!!!!1"

thanks for the tip

so edited :)

soonerbrat
2/13/2006, 10:24 AM
Congrats and welcome back!

by the way, i hate you.

(and your bulletin)

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2006, 01:30 PM
I give the teams performance 1 1/2 thumbs up! :D

Mjcpr
2/13/2006, 01:31 PM
He says for labor day next year he wants to take the girls to Atlanta!

BYOB

Sooner_Bob
2/13/2006, 01:40 PM
So what part of town did this tourney take place in?

soonerbrat
2/13/2006, 01:45 PM
Bernalillo

north of ABQ off of I-25

soonerbrat
2/13/2006, 01:47 PM
did you steal any pain meds like you promised me?

:texan:

maybe

BillyBall
2/13/2006, 01:48 PM
There is a resort really close to the complex called "Tamaya". It's a golf course/spa resort, feels alot like Santa Fe (minus the freaks and queers) If you ever go back, scratch the love juiced sheets and stay there.

soonerbrat
2/13/2006, 01:55 PM
ok..that stupid hotel.

they were supposed to comp me for one night and discount the 2nd night to $55 + tax. they've charged me $190 for the rooms plus some other $15 fee

WTF???

NormanPride
2/13/2006, 02:33 PM
Drive back there and demand cash for everything including travel expenses. YWIA

soonerbrat
2/13/2006, 02:54 PM
no, i'll just tell bank of america to take it off...they'll do it too!

Sooner_Bob
2/13/2006, 03:46 PM
Bernalillo

north of ABQ off of I-25

And you guys stayed down on Carlisle? That was quite the hall.

There's a really nice Hilton Gardens in Rio Rancho that would've been much nicer.

You would've been really close to Cottonwood Mall too.

soonerbrat
2/13/2006, 03:58 PM
yep...at the carlisle hotel. it sucked. and not in a good way.

the manager picked the hotel..it was one of a few recommended by the soccer club, i think..although there were plenty of hotels near the soccer complex. heck, motel 6 would've been just as nice.

TUSooner
2/13/2006, 06:09 PM
Best hotel EVAR to stay at with a soccer team... Cabot Lodge. Nice rooms decent price, free cont. breakfast and <drum roll/ cymbal crash>
FREE BOOZE from about 5 til 7. Forget about roaming around town seeking a table for 30, settle down drink up in the comfort of the spacious lobby and order some pizzas for the team. Yee haw.

That is all.

TUSooner
2/13/2006, 06:12 PM
Oh yeah... Congrats and welcome back!

I forgot to mention that
:O

GDC
2/13/2006, 08:34 PM
No Sadie's?

soonerbrat
2/13/2006, 08:37 PM
no :(

i barely ventured out of the hotel except to the soccer fields

Al Gore
2/13/2006, 08:43 PM
ok..that stupid hotel.

they were supposed to comp me for one night and discount the 2nd night to $55 + tax. they've charged me $190 for the rooms plus some other $15 fee

WTF???Tell them you are sending VP Cheney to "pay them a visit".....

BajaOklahoma
2/13/2006, 09:13 PM
Congrats to the girls Brat!
When we drove to Albuquerque for a tournament, we stayed downtown. Nice hotel, had to pay for parking, but the pool was being repaired! They had 10 teams staying there and no pool! In summer! After numerous complaints, they made arrangements for our girls to swim at a nearby hotel. The other hotel had a 10 by 10 pool with tons of kids in it.
One of our lawyer parents wrote the hotel a very nice note and they credited us for a night.
Maybe one of the many Sooner attorneys on this site would write a nice letter for you......

soonerbrat
2/13/2006, 09:20 PM
Congrats to the girls Brat!
When we drove to Albuquerque for a tournament, we stayed downtown. Nice hotel, had to pay for parking, but the pool was being repaired! They had 10 teams staying there and no pool! In summer! After numerous complaints, they made arrangements for our girls to swim at a nearby hotel. The other hotel had a 10 by 10 pool with tons of kids in it.
One of our lawyer parents wrote the hotel a very nice note and they credited us for a night.
Maybe one of the many Sooner attorneys on this site would write a nice letter for you......

They said they would comp one night and give me a discount on the other...i'm sure the charge there is just a hold and should come off tomorrow with the correct amount..if not, i'll contest it with bank of america..they're really good about that stuff.