PDA

View Full Version : So I Made Homemade Pizzas Tonight From Scratch

pb4ou
2/12/2006, 10:55 PM
They turned out pretty scrumptious. I need to learn how to hand toss the crust. One was regular pepperoni and the other a stuffed crust pepperoni.

It was awesome.

critical_phil
2/12/2006, 11:19 PM
i just call this number and they make it for me. they even bring it to my house and everything.

799-9999

you should try it.

chriscappel
2/12/2006, 11:51 PM
Can i get a recipie

bigdsooner
2/12/2006, 11:53 PM
thats too much work. i used my fry daddy tonight and fried a buttload of catfish, fries, hushpuppies and corn nuggets. took me all of 35 minutes, and if i hadnt had a buzz i prolly woulda put those on paper plates and wouldnta dirtied up real ones. a near flawless dinner

next up is chicken fried steak's

OUAndy1807
2/12/2006, 11:57 PM
homemade pizza is the greatest.

King Crimson
2/12/2006, 11:58 PM
you can practice hand tossing with a damp kitchen towel, to get the right spin down.

pb4ou
2/13/2006, 12:09 AM
thats too much work. i used my fry daddy tonight and fried a buttload of catfish, fries, hushpuppies and corn nuggets. took me all of 35 minutes, and if i hadnt had a buzz i prolly woulda put those on paper plates and wouldnta dirtied up real ones. a near flawless dinner

next up is chicken fried steak's

actually it is not that hard. Just mix in the stuff and pat and roll it out then dress it anyway you want it.

It takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook

chriscappel
2/13/2006, 12:19 AM
actually it is not that hard. Just mix in the stuff and pat and roll it out then dress it anyway you want it.

yes but what about the recipie?? :D

pb4ou
2/13/2006, 12:22 AM
I'll PM it to you

chriscappel
2/13/2006, 12:26 AM
cool thanks!

bigdsooner
2/13/2006, 12:30 AM

wow, my daughter was right...she said they were spos'd to be pretty simple to make but i didnt believe her, she's 15 years old and her pretty simples usually SUCK. that seems easy enough

pb4ou
2/13/2006, 12:33 AM
anyone else want the recipe pm me and I'll send it to you

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/13/2006, 01:20 AM
If you use lard in your crust, it will help it stay together better also if you would like that tip ;)

GottaHavePride
2/13/2006, 01:28 AM
Huh? I make a yeast-based crust that has to rise for a couple of hours. And tossing isn't necessary - you can just drape it over your fists and stretch it to size. Tossing is only for showing off and/or sticking it to the ceiling. (or floor)

chriscappel
2/13/2006, 01:32 AM
I'll PM it to you

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pb4ou again.

King Crimson
2/13/2006, 01:40 AM
Huh? I make a yeast-based crust that has to rise for a couple of hours. And tossing isn't necessary - you can just drape it over your fists and stretch it to size. Tossing is only for showing off and/or sticking it to the ceiling. (or floor)

disagree. tossing promotes the elasticity and yeast activation you need for a real thin crust pizza. maybe when you toss one it's only for showing off. ;)

tell me you can make a 16-24 inch NY style pizza without tossing?

the draping/dough stretching technique is invaluable, but tossing is where it's at.

chriscappel
2/13/2006, 01:44 AM
disagree. tossing promotes the elasticity and yeast activation you need for a real thin crust pizza. maybe when you toss one it's only for showing off. ;)

tell me you can make a 16-24 inch NY style salad without tossing?

the draping/dough stretching technique is invaluable, but tossing is where it's at.

:eek: :eek:

GottaHavePride
2/13/2006, 01:56 AM

tell me you can make a 16-24 inch NY style pizza without tossing?

I like thicker crust. My next project is to attempt to replicate Chicago-style pizza. I think I need an electric mixer, though.

King Crimson
2/13/2006, 02:03 AM
I like thicker crust. My next project is to attempt to replicate Chicago-style pizza. I think I need an electric mixer, though.

if you get one, get a Kitchen Aid with a dough hook. don't get an inferior product if you are going to spend the money--wait and get a good one. basically you are buying a motor. a kitchen aid will last forever. it's made of metal and not plastic, it's the way to go. another wild card thing to look around for is restaurant auctions in the classifieds....you never know when you might score a big Hobart mixer for cheap.

and most home kitchen appliances are made to last about a week.

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2006, 02:04 AM
http://kitchenaid.com/assets/images/product/LargeView/ksm150psbk-largeview.jpg

it helps a LOT

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2006, 02:05 AM
the vikings are also nice, but cost a little bit more

yermom
2/13/2006, 03:05 AM
you got any left?

Tailwind
2/13/2006, 04:13 AM
Did you save a slice for me?

Tailwind
2/13/2006, 04:17 AM
For sure, GHP Kitchen Aids make a top quality product. It's a little pricey, but worth it if you do a lot of baking etc. I have had mine for over 15 years and I got it second hand. Still works like a champ.The grinder attachment is really cool too. You can grind anything from peanuts for homemade peanut butter to pork for homemade sausage.

pb4ou
2/13/2006, 04:59 AM
Here is one I made back in January. It was a pan pizza with hamburger topping.

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/3205/dsc009267kl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I wish I would have taken pictures of those beauties Sunday night.

LoyalFan
2/13/2006, 06:58 AM
IMPORTANT!

Before handtossing pizza dough, vacuum kitchen floor thoroughly.
Cat hair on pizza=not so good.
Just sayin'...

LF

Norm In Norman
2/13/2006, 09:22 AM
I'd say tossing is more about getting the crust round than anything.

I made this a couple of days ago:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/dkm_chicago.php

It was quite good. I only let the crust rise in the fridge about 3 hours though. It would have been better if I had let it go the whole time. Also, I used 2 9" heavy cake pans instead of a 15" deep dish pizza pan. I put pepperoni, onions, and green olives on one and just cheese on the other. After that, I'd say you pretty much have to put toppings on Chicago style, where as you probably don't too much on the "NY" style.

BeetDigger
2/13/2006, 10:19 AM
http://kitchenaid.com/assets/images/product/LargeView/ksm150psbk-largeview.jpg

it helps a LOT

Don't buy one with less than 300 watts of power, get at least 350.

GDC
2/13/2006, 10:36 AM
Sam and Ella's

Norm In Norman
2/13/2006, 11:04 AM
I make my crust in the bread machine.