PDA

View Full Version : Letting USAA Negotiate your new cars price....

OUAndy1807
2/12/2006, 02:26 PM
My wife is wanting a new car and has heard that if you finance through USAA they will negotiate the pricing on your new car for you. Has anyone ever gone this route? Is it even really a service they provide?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/12/2006, 04:00 PM
Inquiring Minds!!!

Okla-homey
2/12/2006, 06:03 PM
My wife is wanting a new car and has heard that if you finance through USAA they will negotiate the pricing on your new car for you. Has anyone ever gone this route? Is it even really a service they provide?

This is from the members section of USAA.com. It does not even appear there is a req't that they finance in order to negotiate a deal for you. I don't imagine they get involved in trade-in allowances though, which is usually where new car dealers "muddy the waters" making it tough for the uninformed buyer to really understand what he's paying. Therefore, prolly best to sell your old car first, then simply enter into negotiations on the new car best price, leaving the trade out of it. As an aside, USAA is a great company with a sterling reputation. I've never been disappointed with any of their products or services in 24 years of being their customer.

Free New Vehicle Price Negotiation Service

Tell us which vehicle you want and we'll locate it and negotiate a great price.

How It Works:
Build your vehicle online and have us locate it for you or select the new vehicle you want to purchase from the dealer of your choice and provide us with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

We will take the information you provide and negotiate a great price on your behalf.

One of our experts will contact you with the negotiated price within the next business day.

If you are satisfied with the price we can assist you to finalize the purchase with the dealer. USAA can also help with the finance1 and insurance of your vehicle.

For more information about the USAA Negotiation Service, call us toll-free at 1-800-531-0380 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. CT.

OUAndy1807
2/12/2006, 06:09 PM
interesting. I would think they would know exactly what the vehicle invoice was and like you said all of their other services have been excellent. I may have to try this out.

JohnnyMack
2/12/2006, 06:10 PM
Negotiating car prices is one of life's great joys. Why let someone else do that???

usmc-sooner
2/12/2006, 06:48 PM
Hey Andy I did what you're talking about kinda sorta. I bought a car got them down as low as they could. Called USAA they bought my car loan and re financed it to me. Saved me a LOT of money.

fadada1
2/12/2006, 07:58 PM
i've got USAA insurance - they do a lot of nice things. was going to finance through them when i bought my car 3 years ago. the dealer matched and then some just to get my money (sort of).

OUAndy1807
3/16/2006, 08:32 PM
I hesitate to say anything, because the transaction is not complete yet, but USAA has done an excellent job with negotiating our vehicle price. We paid for a invoice and lowest price report from Fighting Chance, and they told us that $1,000 under invoice was the lowest they had heard (explaining that there is not much mark-up on this vehicle). USAA came back to us after 24 hours and negotiated a price on the exact car we wanted (on the local lot) at substantially under that price.

We'll be picking up my wife's new Mazda Tribute tomorrow afternoon.

jk the sooner fan
3/16/2006, 08:59 PM
this is an awesome service USAA provides....love it