PDA

View Full Version : Put your boots on (whornfans.com)

Flagstaffsooner
2/12/2006, 12:31 PM
Silly, silly whorns (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=3997955&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=)

There's more horse$hit in this thread than Dean has seen in his entire life.

I don't know whether to laugh at the crazy sooners or feel pity for them. They are hanging their hopes on the Vegas odds. They really don't have much else to count on. I wonder what will happen when the AP and coaches' preseason polls come out in the summer and Texas is #1 in both.
:rolleyes:

crawfish
2/12/2006, 12:37 PM
I wonder who they'll have next year to singlehandedly dig them out of the 4th-and-long situations their coaches put them into? :)

BASSooner
2/12/2006, 12:39 PM
Haha I pity the whorns. Mack is not half the coach that Stoops is and he can turn players from nothing into stars just like he has done in the past. Why is he laughing at us getting vegas players? Out of 3 of the players that we've gotten since last year, 2 have been blue chips so I have no idea why he's crackin up. Must be on weed or must be drunk.

Seamus
2/12/2006, 12:50 PM
I actually enjoyed treading through that nonsense. Then again, I sprinkled feces on my Cheerios this morning and washed it down with muriatic acid.

TheGodfather889
2/12/2006, 01:30 PM
All I can say is: I want my suffocating defense back!! To prove to them that OU can still play defense.:(

snp
2/12/2006, 03:17 PM
I usually get along good with UT fans, but that crap is pretty bad.

BoomerSooner3
2/12/2006, 03:25 PM
Haha I pity the whorns. Mack is not half the coach that Stoops is and he can turn players from nothing into stars just like he has done in the past. Why is he laughing at us getting vegas players? Out of 3 of the players that we've gotten since last year, 2 have been blue chips so I have no idea why he's crackin up. Must be on weed or must be drunk.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about how we are among the favorites of the Vegas oddsmakers to win the National Championship, not our Vegas players.

SoonerStormchaser
2/12/2006, 03:35 PM
I like the title of the thread...speaks to their education level:

Re: Why the OU optimisum

MORONS!!

SoonerStormchaser
2/12/2006, 03:39 PM
And then later on:

Re: Why the OU optimisim [re: wadster]

OK, I fixed the spelling error in the title, (u and I are right next to each other), but it won't update after the edit. hmmm.

This is too damned easy!

Octavian
2/12/2006, 03:54 PM
OU's fans are in for a rude awakening next year. They will be third or fourth in the BIg 12 south next year.

drinking early...

All of this annual optimism is based on nothing more than your past sucess and which leads to your current state of arrogance. ou will NOT finish higher than 3rd in the Big 12 and will be trounced once again by Texas. Deal with it.

wow...who woulda thought past success would lead to high expectations for the future? :rolleyes:

The Bob Stoops mystique is about as worthwhile these days as the Larry Coker mystique.

umm...no response warranted here.

Contrary to what you say, VY NEVER said "don't coach me". He said "let me be myself". Those are two COMPLETELY different sentiments....

and a little nugget of revisionist history...

goingoneight
2/12/2006, 04:11 PM
All I can say is: I want my suffocating defense back!! To prove to them that OU can still play defense.:(

I know what your saying dude... but everyone on SF.com thinks that ou defense is as good as ever... They believe that the win/loss records means we will be fine on the D. Failing to realize that sloppy tackling, poor pass coverage, and the lack of attention span cost us several big leads, as well as several games this past year. Examples include: UCLA (admittedly along with a fumble-happy quarterback, but nevertheless, our D sucked in that game, :texan: Jamaal Charles and Vince Young easily slipped through our "awesome defense" most Sooner fans believe we have, Baylor-- admittedly, we were not very sharp, and Baylor is getting better under Guy Morriss, but we're talking Baylor Bears @ Norman, on homecoming night...
OSU game would have been a 56-0 shut-out if our "awesome defense" didn't allow penalty yards for the cow-pokers to bank on... but I'll settle for a 42-14 victory anyday over them...

Where have the days gone when OU could penetrate the line, challenge the best of quarterbacks, block or pick off passing attempts, hit hard and actually bring guys down, and play a game without 10 or more penalties called against them? When was the last time we blocked a kick? Returned an interception for a TD??? Ohhh... C'mon Sooners, you've got the talent, please use it!

Octavian
2/12/2006, 04:15 PM
I know what your saying dude... but everyone on SF.com thinks that ou defense is as good as ever... They believe that the win/loss records means we will be fine on the D. Failing to realize that sloppy tackling, poor pass coverage, and the lack of attention span cost us several big leads, as well as several games this past year. Examples include: UCLA (admittedly along with a fumble-happy quarterback, but nevertheless, our D sucked in that game, :texan: Jamaal Charles and Vince Young easily slipped through our "awesome defense" most Sooner fans believe we have, Baylor-- admittedly, we were not very sharp, and Baylor is getting better under Guy Morriss, but we're talking Baylor Bears @ Norman, on homecoming night...
OSU game would have been a 56-0 shut-out if our "awesome defense" didn't allow penalty yards for the cow-pokers to bank on... but I'll settle for a 42-14 victory anyday over them...

Where have the days gone when OU could penetrate the line, challenge the best of quarterbacks, block or pick off passing attempts, hit hard and actually bring guys down, and play a game without 10 or more penalties called against them? When was the last time we blocked a kick? Returned an interception for a TD??? Ohhh... C'mon Sooners, you've got the talent, please use it!

So the 4 (really 3) losses can be attributed to the defense?

goingoneight
2/12/2006, 04:19 PM
let the whorns talk up their recent success, they did after they came back in 1999, and believe me... being in that west end Friday before the game in 2000 wasn't easy... but surprising them with an ***-kicking they'll never forget, along with arguably one of the best teams ever (yes, I said it), being a Sooner has always had it's ups and downs for me, but with the two most lop-sided victories in the series, more National Championships, more Heisman winners, better coaches, and a more fun environment... the ups outstage any "downs" the whorns think they've placed on me as a Sooner. I look forward to hearing the loud, obnoxious whorns in October, their silence midway through the 3rd quarter has always been much more fun than boasting a Heisman winner or an MNC... Better keep the car warm this year Mack!

Desert Sapper
2/12/2006, 04:21 PM
And then later on:

Re: Why the OU optimisim [re: wadster]

OK, I fixed the spelling error in the title, (u and I are right next to each other), but it won't update after the edit. hmmm.

This is too damned easy!

Yes, this was easily the best indication of the level of a saxet edjamacashun. I was rolling while I read that threat.

Is it that we are overly opimistic about this season, or that they know last season was a total fluke and are starting to get nervous? Oh wait, I forgot that Mack finally figured out how to coach this year (go do that thing you do, Vince). Excuse me.

goingoneight
2/12/2006, 04:26 PM
So the 4 (really 3) losses can be attributed to the defense?

Not necessarily, but allowing aTm, Nebbish and Baylor (along with the screw job at Tech), back into 20-something point deficit games is a little ridiculous, don't you think? All I'm saying is a win is good, but struggling to keep your head above water, and going into double-overtime with the bottom of your conference on your home field (homecoming night!) is a little sad. Hopefully they do prove me wrong this year, and return to the firey, non-stop D we used to have. Look back at all the games and count up sloppy tackles, count them, and you'll find OUr 2000-2003 defenses would have held off teams like OSU 2004, aTm 2004, Baylor 2005, etc. Those teams would have never come within three touchdowns of beating us if our D performed at all the way they used to. BV puts on a good rush, and recruits very well, I'm not saying kick him or his staff out, I'm saying Bob should lend them a little more help on the defenseive side of the ball for 2006.

goingoneight
2/12/2006, 04:28 PM
Yes, this was easily the best indication of the level of a saxet edjamacashun. I was rolling while I read that threat.

Is it that we are overly opimistic about this season, or that they know last season was a total fluke and are starting to get nervous? Oh wait, I forgot that Mack finally figured out how to coach this year (go do that thing you do, Vince). Excuse me.

hahahaha!!! their coach is going into the NFL!

BASSooner
2/12/2006, 04:36 PM
hahahaha!!! their coach is going into the NFL!
http://wwww.tuckfexas.com/photos/photos/46.jpgDOH!

Desert Sapper
2/12/2006, 04:57 PM
CAPTION FOR ABOVE:

"Now cracks a coaches heart: Goodbye, sweet Vince:
And flights of agents bring thee to thy bling bling!" (Much credit for this quote goes to Shakespeare for writing the closing scene in Hamlet)

Eielson
2/12/2006, 05:57 PM
:D haha

stoopified
2/12/2006, 07:51 PM
Orange cows,gotta love them.They amuse me.

Bevo-Stevo
2/12/2006, 08:17 PM
There's more horse$hit in this thread than Dean has seen in his entire life
ou will lose to Texas in October. Just deal with it. It's going to happen. Hook Em!!

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/12/2006, 09:34 PM
ou will lose to Texas in October. Just deal with it. It's going to happen. Hook Em!!

They lost their only real threat on the team. Deal with that !

oumartin
2/12/2006, 09:39 PM
I honestly believe you will see a more talented and more suffocating defense this year. Obviously the L.B.'s are fine, the Line should be fantastic. Wolfe will be seasoned and Reggie is a playa. I think this will be the best defense in a couple three years.

OU_Sooners75
2/12/2006, 10:07 PM

I was here all season and not once did they say the Defense was as good as the years past....However, by the end of the year it was.

Also, you do realize that OUr defense was right there with the years past as well. It is hard for any young team to overcome mistakes that lead to points.

of the 6 Turnovers that cost us 2 games....they all resulted in points.

Now, I dont know if you are familiar with this game they call Football....but if your Offense is struggling, if they are turning over the ball, there is only so much the defense can do....especially when you are on the field more than 60% of the game.

Now then.....In 2005 OU finished
#13 in total defense. (306.67 yards/game)
#37 in scoring defense. (23.1 points/game)
#4 in Rushing Defense. (90.6 rushing yards/game)
#56 in passing defense. (216.08 passing yards/game)

Now that doesnt look like the years past, but lets compare from the NCG Team of 2004 and 2003....shall we?

in 2004...

#6 in Rushing Defense (94.6 yards/game)
#48 in Passing Defense (204.38 yards/game)
#13 in Total Defense (299.00 yards/game)
#11 in scoring defense (16.8 points/game)

in 2003....

#20 in Rush defense (113.2 yards/game)
#2 in Passing Defense (146.43 yards/game)
#3 in total Defense (259.64 yards/game)
#5 in scoreing defense (15.3 points/game)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/12/2006, 10:15 PM
there is a whole lotta shuffelation going on with the defensive positions. hopefully we get some cohesion this spring and push it into the fall.

josh09
2/12/2006, 10:58 PM
i love annoying them over there

OKC-SLC
2/12/2006, 11:17 PM
is it tuesday yet?

OU-HSV
2/12/2006, 11:25 PM
is it tuesday yet?
Can't get here fast enough

OU_Sooners75
2/12/2006, 11:27 PM
there is a whole lotta shuffelation going on with the defensive positions. hopefully we get some cohesion this spring and push it into the fall.

OUr defense will be better next year than in 2005.

I know there is a lot moving and shuffling...but it wont really hurt the Defense...it should make it better, especially since it seems like Bobby is taking more of a hand in the defense!

BASSooner
2/13/2006, 12:36 AM
Have they noticed that it took VY...not texas, to win the rose bowl twice in a row?(well the 2nd one was VY/defense). All of those comeback games that saxet went through are all gone. The running game/passing game/coach is now in the nfl.

BASSooner
2/13/2006, 12:39 AM
I was here all season and not once did they say the Defense was as good as the years past....However, by the end of the year it was.

Also, you do realize that OUr defense was right there with the years past as well. It is hard for any young team to overcome mistakes that lead to points.

of the 6 Turnovers that cost us 2 games....they all resulted in points.

Now, I dont know if you are familiar with this game they call Football....but if your Offense is struggling, if they are turning over the ball, there is only so much the defense can do....especially when you are on the field more than 60% of the game.

Now then.....In 2005 OU finished
#13 in total defense. (306.67 yards/game)
#37 in scoring defense. (23.1 points/game)
#4 in Rushing Defense. (90.6 rushing yards/game)
#56 in passing defense. (216.08 passing yards/game)

Now that doesnt look like the years past, but lets compare from the NCG Team of 2004 and 2003....shall we?

in 2004...

#6 in Rushing Defense (94.6 yards/game)
#48 in Passing Defense (204.38 yards/game)
#13 in Total Defense (299.00 yards/game)
#11 in scoring defense (16.8 points/game)

in 2003....

#20 in Rush defense (113.2 yards/game)
#2 in Passing Defense (146.43 yards/game)
#3 in total Defense (259.64 yards/game)
#5 in scoreing defense (15.3 points/game)
That right there was the reason why we lost to UCLA.

SoonerStormchaser
2/13/2006, 08:27 AM
http://wwww.tuckfexas.com/photos/photos/46.jpgDOH!

That's going on my Bevo Bashing website!

Sooner in Tampa
2/13/2006, 09:30 AM
They are doing a whole lot of throwing bull**** against the wall and hoping some of it sticks. :)

I figure Adrian Peterson pulls a Marcus Dupree and cashes it in halfway through the upcoming season!!
:rolleyes:

SoonerStormchaser
2/13/2006, 10:42 AM
I figure that our Defense will be better, Bobby Jack Wright is more experienced now at Defensive Backs, he has some new blood in the secondary too. Dominique Franks and Nelson ring a bell? Now that we've finally got a stable defensive staff (notice that we have changed schemes more than once) in the past 2 years. Pelini was a horrible defensive backs coach, and people blame Venables. Notice that Venables has been a Defensive Coordinator for one season, and I would say considering that our Defense was just as young as our Offense I don't think he did a half bad job. For incorporating a brand new Defensive scheme, the old-school Stoops' boys scheme, I would say that there were far fewer busted assignments in the backfield this past season than 2004. Also as mentioned before, our offense didn't help anything by constantly turning the ball over and the other team scoring off the turnovers (our Defense had their backs to the walls) at a lot of points in the season. The secondary won the Tech game for us, the ball was short of the first down and should have never proceeded to that controversial finish.

Desert Sapper
2/13/2006, 12:07 PM
OU will beat the crap out of saxet in October. Just roll with it. It's going to happen. Hook Me!!

fixed

OU-HSV
2/13/2006, 07:24 PM
COME ON MIDNIGHT!!!!!!!