PDA

View Full Version : Spat with the wife

SoonerObsession
2/12/2006, 11:17 AM
I can honestly say I have not had even a small arguement with my wife in over a year. Now I have one with her right before Valentine's Day. Kind of makes writing her card a bit more difficult! Guess what our spat was about? I wanted to keep our 4 year olds home this morning so they would not get sick again (they were sick a week ago and I missed 2 days of work). I don't know what the temperature was but they were forecasting teens. She lit into me and told me that this was all just because I didn't want to go to church. So I denied her claim (even though I do get sick of church) and said I just didn't want to miss any more work any time soon. So she goes to church this morning by herself and doesn't say a word to me. She feels extremely guilty if we miss church. I want to worship God too, but somehow I think He understands if we are absent every once in a while. Good times!

Stanley1
2/12/2006, 11:21 AM
Take the kids, change your names, and move to Mexico.

We won't tell her.

OU-HSV
Oh man..sounds like you're in for long day after she gets home...good luck!

walkoffsooner
Sit at home and watch sermon on TV that's why it is on there for bad weather, older people, sick kids ect.

Jerk
2/12/2006, 11:22 AM
My wife used to get really mad at me for not wanting to go to church, too.

The fam is settled in on a church they like but the services go for 2 hours + and I just can't sit somewhere that long.

SoonerObsession
2/12/2006, 11:26 AM
My biggest problem with church is the fact that I work 2 jobs and the only day off I have is Saturday. I work on Sunday evenings too, so if I go to church I have absolutely no personal time to enjoy. Maybe I'm being selfish?

fadada1
2/12/2006, 11:32 AM
My biggest problem with church is the fact that I work 2 jobs and the only day off I have is Saturday. I work on Sunday evenings too, so if I go to church I have absolutely no personal time to enjoy. Maybe I'm being selfish?
i think God understands.

maybe a bit cynical - but Jesus don't pay the rent... unless of course you're the pope. you're not, are you?;)

OU-HSV
2/12/2006, 11:34 AM
I always knew the pope had to be a Sooner fan.

BajaOklahoma
2/12/2006, 11:52 AM
and I just can't sit somewhere that long.

Okay, I'll ask the obvious question.
Don't you drive a truck between OKC and Tulsa everyday?
I could see the family not buying it, even knowing the comfort level of the seats is very different.

Mjcpr
2/12/2006, 11:56 AM
FYI - You probably won't be gettin' any on V-Day.

But it will be worth it.....stand your ground. If I worked Sunday evenings I would never go to church. Heck, I don't work Sunday evenings and I never go but that's beside the point. :)

Having said all this, people don't get sick from the cold if that's what you were implying as the reason for not going. It's from viruses and ****, not the temp. Don't let your wife read this!

JohnnyMack
2/12/2006, 12:01 PM
So stop going to church.

What? What did you honestly expect me to say?

crawfish
2/12/2006, 12:32 PM
You'll end up rooming with JohnnyMack in hell, dude. ;)

Jerk
2/12/2006, 12:50 PM
Okay, I'll ask the obvious question.
Don't you drive a truck between OKC and Tulsa everyday?
I could see the family not buying it, even knowing the comfort level of the seats is very different.

Yes, but it's just different. Maybe because I'm busy trying not to get killed or kill someone else.

I actually enjoy driving the big truck. It's like a giant toy.

It wasn't fun the other day when a lady in a white pontiac tried to do a U-turn in one of the barrier gaps on the Turner Turnpike in front of me this past week. I can't stop 80,000 at 75mph on a dime, but most of the time it's actually relaxing.

err..and maybe I should admit that I can't go an hour without some form of nicotine before I start getting really anxious.

JohnnyMack
2/12/2006, 12:59 PM
You'll end up rooming with JohnnyMack in hell, dude. ;)

Man at the rate I'm going I'm sure to get my own suite. ;)

Jimminy Crimson
2/12/2006, 01:38 PM
I believe Dr. Hamilton got in a fight with his wife just before Valentines Day a few years ago. :eek:

;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/12/2006, 01:44 PM
I think the important thing is to keep the dialogue open. Explain to her that you did not want the boys to get sick again.

Jimminy Crimson
2/12/2006, 01:48 PM
When she gets home, start singing Jesus loves me. :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/12/2006, 01:50 PM
Or he could always tell her that he is the head of the household and he can do whatever he wants. But only if he is Baptist.

Jimminy Crimson
2/12/2006, 01:51 PM
Or he could always tell her that he is the head of the household and he can do whatever he wants. But only if he is Baptist.

I am the head, you are the feet, woman. Go make me a sammich! :texan:

OU-HSV
2/12/2006, 01:55 PM
When she gets home, start singing Jesus loves me. :D
Now this is funny. spek

Flagstaffsooner
2/12/2006, 02:01 PM
"Send me one bazillion dollars and I will get you off the hook."
http://www.pamspaulding.com/graphics/Oral.jpg

proud gonzo
2/12/2006, 02:07 PM
so the reason you don't want your boys to go out is so they won't get sick and give it to you and you won't miss work? How about saying you just don't want THEM to get sick?? that sounds a little less selfish.

Tell your wife, "I'm sorry, I just didn't want the boys to get sick again. I didn't mean to make you mad. Do you forgive me?"

Tailwind
2/12/2006, 04:09 PM
Tell her it's her Christian duty to forgive you, and to not be judgemental.

KC//CRIMSON
2/12/2006, 04:18 PM
Tell her the Devil made me do it!

SoonerObsession
2/12/2006, 04:55 PM
She doesn't think I'm being selfish. She just thinks that we need to be in church every opportunity that presents itself. I'm not aftraid that I will get sick, but if they get sick I have to stay home to take care of them. My job still pays when I miss and hers does not. Being a teacher though, I hate missing school. Preparing for a substitute is more difficult than actually teaching the lessons yourself.

GottaHavePride
2/12/2006, 06:02 PM
Personal relationship with God and Jesus >>> physical presence in church.

bigdsooner
2/12/2006, 06:10 PM
doesnt she know what the Bible says about not forgiven...its against it :)

oumartin
2/12/2006, 06:13 PM
woman should be looked at. not heard
tell her to shut it! :D

GottaHavePride
2/13/2006, 01:24 AM
woman should be looked at. not heard
tell her to shut it! :D

"Women should be obscene and not heard." - Stranger in a Strange Land