PDA

View Full Version : next up, barcode tramp stamps

Ike
2/12/2006, 02:40 AM
A cincinatti security company is requiring any employee that needs to access their data center to have a glass-encapsulated RFID chip implanted in their bicep in order to gain access.

http://www.securityfocus.com/brief/134

I'm certainly no lawyer, but can a company reasonably require this of employees? I understand that they maintain that having the implant is not required to maintain employment, but say someone like a sysadmin, whose job description entailed that he be in the data center, didn't want to do it. What are they gonna do. demote him to a crappy data-entry job, basically force him to quit? fire him for 'uncooperative attitude'? seems like messed up company policy to me, to require that you have some sort of unique, personally identifying body modifcation done. but what do I know....other than I'd never work for them.

oh yeah, and apparently, this kind of chip isn't that difficult for a resourceful hacker to clone. all he'd have to do is have good reason to believe that a certain person had such a chip, and then get a few feet away from him, with a small (credit-card, but a little thicker sized) device....

oumartin
2/12/2006, 02:44 AM
I had such high hopes with that thread title.

Ike
2/12/2006, 02:49 AM
I had such high hopes for your avatar...:D

oumartin
2/12/2006, 02:53 AM
I changed my avatar as a favor to those that might find such things offensive. Therefore I will be using much nicer avatars.

chriscappel
2/12/2006, 02:55 AM
I changed my avatar as a favor to those that might find such things offensive. Therefore I will be using much nicer avatars.

What the ell is your avatar?!?!?

oumartin
2/12/2006, 03:00 AM
you poor young man. that is the grammy award winner from 1990. they won the grammy for best new artist.

Blame it on the rain.

chriscappel
2/12/2006, 03:02 AM
thats the name of the group?

oumartin
2/12/2006, 03:05 AM
Milli Vanilli

chriscappel
2/12/2006, 03:24 AM
oooooh okay....why? :D

oumartin
2/12/2006, 03:27 AM
They are only the best group of all time!

chriscappel
2/12/2006, 03:27 AM
uh.....I can think of better