PDA

View Full Version : Another Plasma/LCD question

Ironside
2/11/2006, 07:06 PM
Like alot of others, I have been trying to figure out the answer to the entire DLP/LCD/Plasma question for the last 6 months or so. I had decided on flat panel, and for the last couple of months, I have been leaning heavily towards plasma. The LCD PQ doesn't seem near as good as the Plasma PQ on alot of the sets I have been looking at, but upon reading the reviews and comments on this site I am now developing some more interest in LCD. Can some of you with experience/expertise compare and contrast these sets (or any you would recommend over these for some reason or another):

Panasonic TH42PX50U - Set I have fallen in love with. Best picture I have seen, but at the very top of my price range.

Phillips 42PF7320A/37 - Set I like, but at times the PQ doesn't seem as good as the Panny. However, for $1k less is tempting with decent brand name and club return policies.

Sony KDFE42A10 - Smaller version of the model that seems pretty popular on this site. Looks like similar price range as the Phillips plasma.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate any info and opinions.

85Sooner
2/11/2006, 07:59 PM
Like alot of others, I have been trying to figure out the answer to the entire DLP/LCD/Plasma question for the last 6 months or so. I had decided on flat panel, and for the last couple of months, I have been leaning heavily towards plasma. The LCD PQ doesn't seem near as good as the Plasma PQ on alot of the sets I have been looking at, but upon reading the reviews and comments on this site I am now developing some more interest in LCD. Can some of you with experience/expertise compare and contrast these sets (or any you would recommend over these for some reason or another):

Panasonic TH42PX50U - Set I have fallen in love with. Best picture I have seen, but at the very top of my price range.

Phillips 42PF7320A/37 - Set I like, but at times the PQ doesn't seem as good as the Panny. However, for $1k less is tempting with decent brand name and club return policies.

Sony KDFE42A10 - Smaller version of the model that seems pretty popular on this site. Looks like similar price range as the Phillips plasma.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate any info and opinions.

If your gonna do plasma , do it once , do it right and spend the moola.

Pioneer PDP4360HD.(3799.00) No one else even comes close and they will hold the patent for 4 more years on the technology. Which is the reason sony got out of the plasma business. The KDLV40XBR1 flat panel LCD (3147.00) would be my choice for cheaper. There are really no other flat panels I would be able to stand. The pani is good but the claymation artifacting is too prominant.

And what is this with the phillips turning the walls different colors. weird.

as I have said before. The KDFE42A10 for around 1599.00 is fantastic and probably your best bet. Not flat panel but very good, reliable and reasonably priced.

Hope that helped.