PDA

View Full Version : So I have this customer

85Sooner
2/11/2006, 06:38 PM
Who comes in on a Lost leader ad. (for those who don't know that is a product sold below or at cost to generate traffic.) Anyway, She wants the whole song and dance routine to sell her this 499.00 tv. So I go along and unbox one and hook it up etc....... Finally after about an hour she decides to get it. So I rebox it. Then she asked how to hook it up. Finally it was clear she was not getting it.

She decided to pay for 79.00 delivery because she did not understand how to connect the power cord. GET THAT? she was scared that she didn't know how to plug it in. Now for the funny part. She works for the local county sheriffs dept in the jail overseeing inmates. Whooooaaa Scary.

Thats the weirdest one in along time.

BudSooner
2/11/2006, 06:51 PM
Heh, I get customers who have problems with their HD Satellite equipment.
When trying to troubleshoot the problem(related to blue screen or black screen)I will no doubt ask at one time-
"Sir, could you tell me what type of cable your receiver is using to connect to your tv?"

Customer- "How the hell would I know, your tech installed it!!"

I thought the whole thing about HD customers was that they would be more intelligent, turns out that is not always the case.
Hell, I can tell ya before I went to work for a Satellite company what kind of cables i'm using, when I got them, what they are for, how many I have connected. And that is on a 36" tv btw.

BoogercountySooner
2/11/2006, 06:53 PM
Interesting, when my wife and I bought our Sony we got Best BUy to price match Circuit City's sale price. Didn't need the TV until April but the Circuit city Salesman said they couldn't hold on to it until then. The Best Buy Salesman said no problem we will just have it delivered when I want it. Saved about $800 buying it that day!

jk the sooner fan
2/11/2006, 06:57 PM
She works for the local county sheriffs dept in the jail overseeing inmates. Whooooaaa Scary.

Thats the weirdest one in along time.

have they had any escapes there?

just because she's not comfy with hooking up electronics, doesnt mean she is incompetent at her job

85Sooner
2/11/2006, 07:02 PM
have they had any escapes there?

just because she's not comfy with hooking up electronics, doesnt mean she is incompetent at her job

We are talking the power cord. You know, the one you plug in the power outlet in the wall?

soonerscuba
2/11/2006, 07:06 PM
We are talking the power cord. You know, the one you plug in the power outlet in the wall?

You mean the prongy thing that sticks out the back?

oumartin
2/11/2006, 07:14 PM
okay, so a person spends 500.00 bucks in your store and you still charge for delivery?

Sears pulled this crap on us and I told them I'd go buy somewhere else then.
I had to crawl back to them though cuz their price on the frig and washer were well under the cost of anyone else in town so the delivery price still saved me money.

Mjcpr
2/11/2006, 07:20 PM
This is why everyone should have a pickup.....like Dean says.

yermom
2/11/2006, 07:25 PM
that doesn't help you plug in the power cord

what is the over/under on her age?

60?

Mjcpr
2/11/2006, 07:33 PM
that doesn't help you plug in the power cord

what is the over/under on her age?

60?
Woulda helped Martin.

Sooner_Bob
2/11/2006, 07:36 PM
Woulda helped Martin.

So what's the expected lifetime of Martin's new avatar?

Mjcpr
2/11/2006, 07:39 PM
So what's the expected lifetime of Martin's new avatar?

I think they generally outlive men, so I'll go with 84.

yermom
2/11/2006, 07:40 PM
Woulda helped Martin.

yeah, well i have doubts about any guy that doesn't have a truck ;)

oumartin
2/11/2006, 07:45 PM
HEY yermon its not by choice. My wife makes the rules.
Give me a couple months and I just may have a pickup. Just depends on this tax situation.

And yes, it would have helped me and I believe my avatar is perfectly safe.

85Sooner
2/11/2006, 07:51 PM
I think they generally outlive men, so I'll go with 84.

I think thats about right. Really maybe early 70's. I really started to believe that she may be on some kind of heavy meds. Poor lady was thin as a rail.

She was really grumpy.

However she just called to thank me and was going on how much she liked it and that it changed her whole perspective on things. Whatever that means.
She was happy, and so am I , even though I actually Made $0.00 on the sale.

oumartin
2/11/2006, 07:53 PM
85' I'll send my grandmother down to you. 74 and as mean a woman as you'll ever meet.

She also used to sell televisions. Anyone remember Kluvers in Weatherford?

Jerk
2/11/2006, 07:55 PM
Martin! Stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to go to HELL because of you. HELL!!

oumartin
2/11/2006, 07:55 PM
What?

yermom
2/11/2006, 09:06 PM
HEY yermon its not by choice. My wife makes the rules.
Give me a couple months and I just may have a pickup. Just depends on this tax situation.

And yes, it would have helped me and I believe my avatar is perfectly safe.

http://whipped.things-she-said.org/whipped3.gif

yermom
2/11/2006, 09:08 PM
oh, and "whipped" is not nearly the innocent GIS i thought it would be

GottaHavePride
2/11/2006, 09:27 PM
http://whipped.things-she-said.org/whipped3.gif

pwn3d