PDA

View Full Version : So I will soon be off to campaign against a Nebraska legend

royalfan5
2/11/2006, 01:35 PM
I am going to volunteer for the primary opponent to Tom Osborne for the Nebraska Governorship today. It's not often you get to work against a universally beloved figure in a state. That being said the guy I am volunteering for has a decent chance against him. Either way, I am glad be back involved in Politics.

OklahomaTuba
2/11/2006, 01:43 PM
Thats cool. Good luck! I didn't know Dr. Tom was running for Gov.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/11/2006, 01:47 PM
A friend of mine is campaigning for some woman in Neb. Not sure who.

royalfan5
2/11/2006, 01:50 PM
Thats cool. Good luck! I didn't know Dr. Tom was running for Gov.
Yep, and he is challenging an incumbent Rep. Govenor. The polls are really tight right now. Mostly because the percentange who would vote for Osborne no matter what, is almost equally balanced by the people that would vote against Osborne no matter what. Myself personally, I don't want Osborne to win because he personifies "government as a nanny for the People"

royalfan5
2/11/2006, 01:51 PM
A friend of mine is campaigning for some woman in Neb. Not sure who.
For a state office, or a federal office? A woman is running for 1st district U.S Rep, and auditor. Lt. Gov isn't indpenedent anymore so that the woman running there would be folded into Osborne's campaign.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/11/2006, 02:48 PM
:D
I am going to volunteer for the primary opponent to Tom Osborne for the Nebraska Governorship today. It's not often you get to work against a universally beloved figure in a state. That being said the guy I am volunteering for has a decent chance against him. Either way, I am glad be back involved in Politics.:D Conservative dittos and spec.

SicEmBaylor
2/11/2006, 02:50 PM
I am going to volunteer for the primary opponent to Tom Osborne for the Nebraska Governorship today. It's not often you get to work against a universally beloved figure in a state. That being said the guy I am volunteering for has a decent chance against him. Either way, I am glad be back involved in Politics.

Working for Heineman or Nabity? And in what capacity if you don't mind me aksing?

royalfan5
2/11/2006, 11:12 PM
Working for Heineman or Nabity? And in what capacity if you don't mind me aksing?
Heineman as volunteer. Nabity doesn't have a snowball chance in hell of winning. He is follow the grand Nebraska tradition of a rich guy spending a bunch his money to come particpate but not come close to winning. It's a two horse race between Dave and Tom.

Jimminy Crimson
2/12/2006, 12:10 AM
Why do you hate Nebraska football?

royalfan5
2/12/2006, 02:35 AM
Why do you hate Nebraska football?
Tom Osborne being against booze, gambling, strippers, and veterans outweighs his football accomplisments. Plus he is bringing in Barry Switzer to campaign on his behalf in Nebraska. That might not be the best politcal strategy to pull up here.

SicEmBaylor
2/12/2006, 03:24 AM
Plus he is bringing in Barry Switzer to campaign on his behalf in Nebraska. That might not be the best politcal strategy to pull up here.

Hah, I smell an out of state consultant involved in that decision.

Octavian
2/12/2006, 04:35 AM

Good luck, man.

I don't know beans about Nebraska politics other than its the only other state to go county-by-county GOP in 04. Sounds like a tight race.

Its that time of year....Good Luck.

william_brasky
2/12/2006, 07:22 AM
Tom Osborne wears manties (http://www.manties.net).

Sorry, it just popped in my head and made me chuckle.

royalfan5
2/12/2006, 10:07 AM
Good luck, man.

I don't know beans about Nebraska politics other than its the only other state to go county-by-county GOP in 04. Sounds like a tight race.

Its that time of year....Good Luck.
Less you know about Nebraska Politics the better. Things tend to get strange. For example we sent Super-Liberal George Norris, and Super Conservative Carl Curtis to the senate at the same time for a Number of years. Nebraskans will occasinally just like someone, i.e. Bob Kerry and just keep electing him no matter if his views don't mesh with the states views, by and large.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/12/2006, 11:09 AM
Tom Osborne being against booze, gambling, strippers, and veterans outweighs his football accomplisments. Plus he is bringing in Barry Switzer to campaign on his behalf in Nebraska. That might not be the best politcal strategy to pull up here.I heard that Switzer campaigned for the current dim.gov. of OK before last election. Somehow, it might have helped the dim in OK, but I can't see how it will in nebbish. It might really hurt him...good luck to your guy.:D