PDA

View Full Version : Will we see AD's Senior year?

FriscoTXsooner
2/10/2006, 10:35 PM
OK, I have to start this, is there anyone that thinks that there's a chance that AD will stay for his Senior year?

I believe we will have a good team next year, but I think our chances are even better the following year. But that would depend on AD staying. I know we have the new kid coming in this year, but I think the combination of Bomar and Peterson would be unstopable in two years.

That with an improved offensive line, and secondary, gives us a great chance.

oumartin
2/10/2006, 10:42 PM
Nope

sendbaht
2/10/2006, 10:46 PM
Love to, but do not think so.

Cam
2/10/2006, 10:47 PM
I seriously doubt it'll happen.

Is there a chance? Just about as much of a chance as I have of hitting the powerball this weekend.

FaninAma
2/11/2006, 12:02 AM
We'll see his senior year.....he just won't be in it.

GottaHavePride
2/11/2006, 01:28 AM
I'm'a go out on a limb and say he decides he wants his dad to see him play college ball and get a degree, so he stays.

This is why I don't gamble.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/11/2006, 01:32 AM
Let's face it!!!! IT's a horrible reality show concept, I mean for ****'s sake, we go to class we know how gawd awful boring it is. Either way I guess we will just have to imagine how is senior year goes

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/11/2006, 01:33 AM
Maybe he can start a blog or soemthing though!!

BigCrimson32
2/11/2006, 02:48 AM
I heard somewhere that he will stay for all his college years if he has a chance at the all time ncaa rushing record... didn't he run for over 1000 this past year even tho he was injured most of it??? .. if he rushes for 2000 this year i wouldn't doubt it if he came back..

when stoops was recruiting him he promised AD two things, national championship contention and a shot at the heisman, he's already been a part of the team that had a shot at the title, and he was runner up in the heisman ballet.. who knows?? he seems like he's pretty proud to be a sooner, i think it's a strong possibility he comes back after '06, unless we win it all this coming season :)

BOOMER

Octavian
2/11/2006, 02:55 AM
unless there's a tragedy, no way.

oumartin
2/11/2006, 03:05 AM
I'll need all the free tix to home games I can get please. Being I bought a new house and can't afford to buy toilet paper now. Seeing AD in his last season is something I will need to see thank you.

soonerjoker
2/11/2006, 11:22 AM
stays @ OU if this season is no better than last season.

TexasLidig8r
2/11/2006, 11:36 AM
If he has a more than decent season... i.e., more than 1500 yards.. then.. he can return for his senior season... or.. being a sure top 5 pick in the draft.. he would be turning away...

Signing bonus $10 - 12 million
Shoe Deal $5 - 7.5 million annually
Endorsements $1 - 3 million annually

So.. it's play your senior season and perhaps aggravate old shoulder or ankle injuries and turn down approximately $20 million out of the box... or

Take the money and run....

Ruuuuuufus
2/11/2006, 11:42 AM
Just think of this as his senior season.

soonerjoker
2/11/2006, 11:46 AM
i agree with tex8er.

Zing
2/11/2006, 11:57 AM
Yeah. Not only do I not think he's coming back for his senior year, but it's best for him to move on as well.

OUGreg723
2/11/2006, 02:39 PM
Even though he is going to end up being the greatest sooner RB ever, I dont think it will hurt our team in 2007 if he is not with us. We have a load of talent in the backfield.

BASSooner
2/11/2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah I'm not worried one bit about our team losing AD. We are overstocked with talented receivers. OUr RBs will have a major rotation and OUr line will be a lot better and Bomar will be sick

usmc-sooner
2/11/2006, 03:48 PM
he's gone and it's in his best interest.

think about he's already been disciplined for missing class. He's going to what's best for him and his family and go to the NFL.

TheGodfather889
2/11/2006, 03:49 PM
I know a guy that lives in the Wilkinson dorms and knew Adrian when he lived there.Adrian said he wants a Heisman and a National Title.That could be enough motivation for him.

TheGodfather889
2/11/2006, 03:51 PM
If he does leave early I think it would hurt.I think OU would be good in 2007 and maybe Murray and Madu will be good RB's at OU.But you can't replace a talent like Adrian Peterson.The guy has been the best back in college football the last 2 years even better than Reggie Bush and he would be missed quite a bit.

GottaHavePride
2/11/2006, 04:17 PM
think about he's already been disciplined for missing class.

That rule is written in a very silly way. As I recall, you get disciplined for missing three classes total in a semester. Assuming he's taking a reasonable course load, getting sick for a day and a half could get him suspended.

usmc-sooner
2/11/2006, 04:22 PM
That rule is written in a very silly way. As I recall, you get disciplined for missing three classes total in a semester. Assuming he's taking a reasonable course load, getting sick for a day and a half could get him suspended.

I wasn't saying that in a bad way, I just think he knows what career field is going to best for him. I think it was silly that it turned out like it did in the media, lord knows I missed some classes at OU. :D

Sonner magic923
2/11/2006, 05:05 PM
Ive been looking at this as his senior year since the day he signed at OU if he stayed it would be like jason geting his sixth season; bonus round

rr2
2/11/2006, 05:29 PM
He is probably gone. He has some off the field issuses.

BASSooner
2/11/2006, 09:27 PM
What kind of off the field issues? I don't think the media has ever notified us of them.

olevetonahill
2/11/2006, 09:34 PM
What kind of off the field issues? I don't think the media has ever notified us of them.
Well didnt you hear ?
He was caught breathing free air !

BASSooner
2/11/2006, 09:36 PM
Gosh! I didn't know he was caught in the act!

usmc-sooner
2/11/2006, 10:11 PM
just another troll

slickdawg
2/12/2006, 12:04 AM
Well, I'd like to think he'd stay, but lets be real, he's a top 10 pick after
his junior year. He showed what he can do with a good OL in his freshman year.

That, plus $20 million or so - hard to turn down.

rr2
2/12/2006, 01:56 PM
Skipping class and fathering children. His off the field activities are a concern.

TXBOOMER
2/12/2006, 02:16 PM
AD is gone after this year. Hopefully he'll get to experience a NC this year. I wish him the best in the league.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/12/2006, 03:17 PM
rr2 AD isn't Shawn Kemp...you know that right, we are talking about Adrian Peterson OU RB :P

TheGodfather889
2/12/2006, 05:39 PM
rr2 AD isn't Shawn Kemp...you know that right, we are talking about Adrian Peterson OU RB :P
He isn't Shawn Kemp but he does have 2 kids and he skipped 2 classes.But having a couple of kids doesn't classify as an off the field problem.

JohnnyMack
2/12/2006, 05:59 PM
Skipping class and fathering children. His off the field activities are a concern.

I don't give a sh*t if he buries kittens up to their necks and runs them down with lawn mowers while listening to Prussian Blue on his ipod. To be quite honest with you.

NormanPride
2/12/2006, 06:09 PM
he should do what is best for him. college football isn't something you can do forever, but OU will keep playing, with or without him.

Hublah
2/12/2006, 06:13 PM

Who is this choad smoker???? I guess we have an inside source we can trust now!!!
woo hoo...thanks for the scoop RR2...i didnt know you were AD's best buddy!!!

Salt City Sooner
2/12/2006, 07:24 PM
http://members.ij.net/captbob2112/troll.jpg

stoopified
2/12/2006, 07:26 PM
Barring injury,no way.

usmc-sooner
2/12/2006, 09:24 PM

if these are off the field activities then it's a good thing I aint AD because I've done both

rr2
2/12/2006, 09:26 PM
He is up to at least 3 kids now. Kemp may be a good comparison.

Jimminy Crimson
2/12/2006, 09:32 PM
I seriously doubt it'll happen.

Is there a chance? Just about as much of a chance as I have of hitting the powerball this weekend.

1 in 146,107,962

So you're sayin' there's a chance! :D

rr2
2/12/2006, 09:32 PM
Having 3 kids by 3 different women before you are 20 years old, could be a problem. I know a lot of you don't care. Somebody asked me a question and I answered it.

OU_Sooners75
2/12/2006, 09:34 PM
If he has a more than decent season... i.e., more than 1500 yards.. then.. he can return for his senior season... or.. being a sure top 5 pick in the draft.. he would be turning away...

Signing bonus $10 - 12 million
Shoe Deal $5 - 7.5 million annually
Endorsements $1 - 3 million annually

So.. it's play your senior season and perhaps aggravate old shoulder or ankle injuries and turn down approximately $20 million out of the box... or

Take the money and run....

There will be a salary cap on all rookies and drafted players after this draft.

He doesnt stand to increase much even if he is the #1 RB coming out early.

I say the chances are he will stay for his senior year are in the Fans favor. It seems like he loves the fact he is a Sooner, and in 2007 OU will be right in the mix of a National Championship Caliber team....Why wouldnt he want to stay for that when he cant be the #1 draft pick overall and make 10-20Million more than the #2 overall pick?

Jimminy Crimson
2/12/2006, 09:36 PM
I want him to father me a kid! :texan:

rr2
2/12/2006, 09:41 PM
That is a good one Jimminy. I am sure Adrian would be glad to take care of you.

SoonerShark
2/12/2006, 09:55 PM
He will be happy in his career beating Texas twice and rushing for over 500 yards against the evil empire, thus starting at least a seven game winning streak over the Longhorns this October. Vince Young, perhaps the greatest Longhorn, went only 1-3 against the Sooners, counting his redshirt year. AD should take the money and run. He has been a good team player and should not risk further injury.

TheGodfather889
2/12/2006, 10:04 PM
He is up to at least 3 kids now. Kemp may be a good comparison.
How would you know how many kids he has? Are you his stalker?

Jimminy Crimson
2/12/2006, 10:50 PM
That is a good one Jimminy. I am sure Adrian would be glad to take care of you.

I don't need anyone to take care of me.

The youngun would have good enough genes to take care of me in about 22 years time. :texan:

soonerjoker
2/13/2006, 10:37 AM
SS
did vy redshirt ???

CincySooner
2/13/2006, 10:47 AM
SS
did vy redshirt ???

yes

slickdawg
2/13/2006, 11:53 AM
AD is gone after this year. Hopefully he'll get to experience a NC this year. I wish him the best in the league.

He's gonna be a lot like TRRW - by his junior year, he'll have passed up
the game at this level, and will be ready for the next.

But be honest, wouldn't you rather have three years of AD than not?

soonerlaw
2/13/2006, 12:18 PM
If he stays, OU has a great shot at the NC, plus, AD could have a shot at a Heisman (or a repeat Heisman!) and breaking Ron Dayne's record... but I still think ability to preserve your future in an instant is too much to pass up... I know it would be for me.

Desert Sapper
2/13/2006, 12:37 PM
The rookie cap is probably going to be the easiest selling point (from Stoops and Company) for AD to return for his 4th year of elligibility. He may win the Heisman this year. We may win the NC this year. Either one would launch him to the NFL in April '07. If it's both, we have no chance of keeping him around, even with the rookie cap. If it's both, I'll be happy enough to see him out the door. And smile at the same time.

RedstickSooner
2/13/2006, 01:45 PM
Fathering children ain't an off the field *problem*, but it *is* a reason for him to leave early.

But, c'mon -- Jason White fathered him a daughter off the field. Or, I sure *hope* it was off-the-field. Be sorta weird to have our QB gettin' down on the practice field at night, yo.

I really, really hope AD doesn't return for his senior season -- because if he does, it'll mean something happened to him this coming year to jeopardize his entry into the draft (like an injury).

Dude has played his absolute heart out for us. After a great season, he'll be ready for the NFL, and we owe it to him to give him a rousing send-off.

Here's just hoping we can get him a Heisman and MNC ring (not in that order of preference) as keepsakes of his time in Norman :D

FlatheadSooner
2/13/2006, 02:15 PM
Bu-Bye.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
2/14/2006, 05:29 PM
AD has the same chance of playing football at OU in 2007 as I do.

TexasIsOUsBtch
2/14/2006, 11:55 PM
I've always look at 2006 as AD's senior year, and i don't think there is much that will change that.... However, let me throw this nugget out there for y'all to chew on... I heard in an interview during Ad's freshman year, that his dad's biggest dream is to see his son play a college football game. His dad is not due for parole until sometime in 2007, meaning the only way his dad's dream would be realized, would be if he was a good son, and returned to college for his senior year.... Doubt it'll happen, I'm just sayin', is all.....

LoyalFan
2/14/2006, 11:57 PM
Mebbe.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/15/2006, 09:37 AM
Fathering children ain't an off the field *problem*, but it *is* a reason for him to leave early.

But, c'mon -- Jason White fathered him a daughter off the field. Or, I sure *hope* it was off-the-field. Be sorta weird to have our QB gettin' down on the practice field at night, yo.
I really, really hope AD doesn't return for his senior season -- because if he does, it'll mean something happened to him this coming year to jeopardize his entry into the draft (like an injury).

Dude has played his absolute heart out for us. After a great season, he'll be ready for the NFL, and we owe it to him to give him a rousing send-off.

Here's just hoping we can get him a Heisman and MNC ring (not in that order of preference) as keepsakes of his time in Norman :D

Rumor has it is was during the 77-0 game against A&M, the 4th quarter was pretty boring.:D

As for AD, to quote Mark Mangino "That's right, dollar $igns"