PDA

View Full Version : Snyder resigns.

SOONER44EVER
2/10/2006, 04:49 PM
Who will be the next Mizzou coach?

OUstud
2/10/2006, 04:51 PM
Oh snap!

I'm thinking...GWU's coach, Mark Few, or Steve Lavin.

oumartin
2/10/2006, 05:01 PM
I think the G.W. coach is gonna be a super coach.. that would suck if they got him.

NickZeppelin
2/10/2006, 05:03 PM
Melvin Watkins for this year.

oumartin
2/10/2006, 05:14 PM
whatever Nick.
Dude is a Jim Calhoun guy and obviously unlike Snyder when Snyder was under Coach K. this guy has proven he can coach

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/10/2006, 05:17 PM
Oh snap!

I'm thinking...GWU's coach, Mark Few, or Steve Lavin.

It will probably be someone that will make you scratch your head and say. "Him?". The talent level at MU is so poor that I think even a real good coach is going to need 2-3 years to turn it around.

As an OU fan living in Missouri with a couple very anti-OU Tiger fans that crank me after ANY OU loss especially to MU. I generally enjoy it when things go bad for MU. That said, I do feel a little bad for Snyder. I think we treated John Blake a lot better than MU fans treated him.

oumartin
2/10/2006, 05:21 PM
yeah, I think the guy has gone from cocky to humble and maybe a change of scenery will bode well for him.
BTW. Is Lute Olson done at Arizona after this year?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/10/2006, 05:36 PM
I think Q could coach again somewhere but he has a law degree so he could get out of the hoops scene. It's even conceivable that he could wind up doing TV. It seems odd but he is smart and seems to articulated well on TV. Plus Lee Corso has proven that you don't have to be successful as a coach to be a TV analyst (in his case clown, but he gets $$$).

FWIW, there has been zero that I would put too much stock in as far as coaching candidates but between the KC radio stations and tigerboard some of the names thrown out are:

Majerus
Lavin
Dana Altman
Kim Anderson (head coach of Central Missouri)
Belein (sp) the West Virginia coach
Coach of UAB, name escapes me

None of which I think will be the next MU coach. If he didn't have the baggage from incident in Columbia that got him canned at ISU I think Larry Eustachy would probably be a good hire.

oumartin
2/10/2006, 05:42 PM
hasn't lavin already proven he can't coach?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/10/2006, 05:58 PM
hasn't lavin already proven he can't coach?

He sure wouldn't be my first choice. MU will probably get Jim Harrick. He would be a good fit for their program. :D

oumartin
2/10/2006, 05:59 PM
Harrick. now that would be the wisest move in my opinion.. Great choice :D

AllAboutThe'O'
2/11/2006, 01:15 AM
Coach of UAB, name escapes me
Mike Anderson, former assistant to Nolan Richardson at Arkansas and also played for Nolan at Tulsa the year they won the NIT.

birddog
2/11/2006, 01:22 AM
Mike Anderson, former assistant to Nolan Richardson at Arkansas and also played for Nolan at Tulsa the year they won the NIT.
That's who I'd like to see coaching the Sooners if Sampson left. Really fun style of basketball he's got going there.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/11/2006, 01:29 AM
That's who I'd like to see coaching the Sooners if Sampson left. Really fun style of basketball he's got going there.
IMHO, Arkansas made a major mistake when they let go of Anderson in favor of Stan Heath, who took a Kent State team of players he didn't recruit to the Elite Eight. May go down as one of the most costly blunders by a big-time college basketball team.

49r
2/11/2006, 12:48 PM
Some KC radio pundits have said that Nolan himself might be a good fit at MU.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/14/2006, 05:06 PM

It looks like Quin has a new job already.

KC//CRIMSON
2/16/2006, 12:41 AM
Who will be the next Mizzou coach?

Doc Saddler.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/16/2006, 01:19 AM
Doc Saddler.
Sadler, an Arkansas native who also coached at Arkansas-Fort Smith junior college, might be a popular pick for the Arkansas job if the ax falls on Stan Heath, the one-year wonder.