PDA

View Full Version : New Sooner Spectator Recruiting Issue

Phil
2/10/2006, 03:34 PM
On newsstands next week and chock full of coverage of the Sooners' Class of 2006!

http://soonerspectator.com/images/featureimages/coverRecruiting2006.jpg

BASSooner
2/11/2006, 03:00 PM
nice

The Consumate Showman
2/11/2006, 06:49 PM
Ssssssswwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttt ttttttttt!

The Consumate Showman
2/11/2006, 06:51 PM
Gerald is one of the classiest kids we have evar recruited. If you get the chance to meet him, you will know what I mean....BOOMER SOONER GERALD!

stoopified
2/12/2006, 07:32 PM
Cool

GDC
2/12/2006, 08:10 PM
awesome cover

starclassic tama
2/15/2006, 01:39 AM
wait so did cory bennett give up the number 97 already?

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/15/2006, 02:00 AM
wait so did cory bennett give up the number 97 already?

Who knows ?

olevetonahill
2/15/2006, 03:26 AM
Havnt found mine in the mail box yet ,whats up ?

GDC
2/15/2006, 08:34 AM
Time to renew, don't forget.

Jay C. Upchurch
2/15/2006, 10:41 AM
When we did the photo shoot with Gerald, we asked him about the No. 97, and he said he was going to ask Cory Bennett about maybe trading for it.

Right now, he doesn't know what number he'll wear next season.

GDC
2/15/2006, 03:49 PM
Just kidding.

Desert Sapper
2/15/2006, 10:39 PM
That cover frightens me...I remember the last time I saw a DL recruit from Oklahoma featured so prominently on an OU publication...his name was Rocky Bright. I still have no idea what happened to that dude. He was supposed to be the second coming. I only hope Gerald finds much more success.

The Consumate Showman
2/15/2006, 10:41 PM
^ Gerald is a classy guy, very humble and appreciative of his GOD given talent....BOOMER SOONER!

GDC
2/15/2006, 10:56 PM
Got mine today.

Desert Sapper
2/15/2006, 11:04 PM
^ Gerald is a classy guy, very humble and appreciative of his GOD given talent....BOOMER SOONER!

Don't get me wrong. I think he'll be awesome. He manhandled the East OL in the Army AA game. My apprehension is coming from years of having high expectations for eventual busts. I pray Gerald is the second coming of Lee Roy Selmon. I'm reserving judgement until he is a starter. Superman he may be, but the cover still makes me nervous.

olevetonahill
2/16/2006, 05:15 AM
Got mine today.
Me also to !:D
spent 2 hrs just looking at the cover :eek:

Sooner24
2/16/2006, 06:20 PM
The story about Kendra Moore is good also.

Just a couple of items, I would like to add about Kendra, that were not told in the article.

In her Jr. year of high school she was selected The Daily Oklahoman POY. As the story tells, in Sooner Spectator, she tore her ACL at SC's camp and never set foot on the basketball court her Sr. season. Despite the fact she never scored a point, made a steal or had an assist her Sr. year in high school she was still selected First Team All-State. Kendra is a super kid.

OU-HSV
2/16/2006, 06:27 PM
Got mine yesterday...haven't read it all yet, but what I've read so far is freakin awesome. Again spek to you and your staff Jay C.

olevetonahill
2/16/2006, 08:56 PM
Got mine yesterday...haven't read it all yet, but what I've read so far is freakin awesome. Again spek to you and your staff Jay C.
Yep and I also REUPED for another year ;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/16/2006, 11:40 PM
The story about Kendra Moore is good also.

Just a couple of items, I would like to add about Kendra, that were not told in the article.

In her Jr. year of high school she was selected The Daily Oklahoman POY. As the story tells, in Sooner Spectator, she tore her ACL at SC's camp and never set foot on the basketball court her Sr. season. Despite the fact she never scored a point, made a steal or had an assist her Sr. year in high school she was still selected First Team All-State. Kendra is a super kid.

she tore it at OU's team camp.

edit: sc is not the school eh? ;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/16/2006, 11:42 PM
oh and does this mean you guys might answer my question?

Jay C. Upchurch
2/21/2006, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the kind words. Our goal is to make every issue of Sooner Spectator the absolute best it can be, and I believe our staff of writers, photographers and production guys has done an amazing job. Hats off to them!

And a special thanks to all of our readers.

Jay

MojoRisen
2/21/2006, 07:56 PM
Who knows ?

Obviously he did- if I was Bennet- I would straight say hell no. Maybe he get's out of Wind Sprints or something- I am sure something was negotiated.

Jay C. Upchurch
2/21/2006, 10:53 PM
That question was answered way back in the series of posts...

No.

#1 SOONER FAN
2/22/2006, 10:43 AM
Jay C, got my copy last week and can't put it down, just excellent magazine. Can't wait til next year. Best magazine on the market. Give everyone on your staff a pat on the back for a job well done.

Jay C. Upchurch
2/26/2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks again for the kind words. We are very proud of the product we put out.

I was told today by one of the major book stores that our new Recruiting Issue has been one of the hottest items in their store the last two weeks. They have reordered twice to keep Sooner Spectator on their shelves.

That makes us very happy.

Octavian
2/26/2006, 11:22 PM
Another good issue...

I liked the answers to the "Do you know what a Sooner is" question...some of them were funny.

My copy is at the office but I remember one of them responded w/ something like, "Umm, isn't it some people that stole some land before the Civil War or something?" :D