PDA

View Full Version : WOW

TopDaugIn2000
2/10/2006, 02:53 PM
I filed my taxes online Monday night and the state refund was deposited into my account yesterday (Thursday). DAYUM! That was fast!

Hopefully the fed refund will be coming soon too.

Did them online last year too, but don't remember it being this fast.

yermom
2/10/2006, 02:54 PM
yeah, i'm still trying to figure out what to do with my $20 :D

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 02:55 PM
Those fudge packers took away telefile, and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay to file online. :mad:

Pieces Hit
2/10/2006, 02:55 PM
I cleaned up this year.

TopDaugIn2000
2/10/2006, 02:57 PM
yeah, the $25 fee ****ed me off, but I got over it. Didn't have to pay that last year :(

C&CDean
2/10/2006, 02:57 PM
my state return is > than your annual income

In all honesty, owning a ranch rocks at tax time.

Howzit
2/10/2006, 02:59 PM
I'd own a ranch if it didn't require all that ranching.

Mjcpr
2/10/2006, 03:01 PM
Go to the IRS site.....there are a number of tax prep software packages and e-filing options, depending on your income level, that might be free or at a reduced cost.

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 03:02 PM
Go to the IRS site.....there are a number of tax prep software packages and e-filing options, depending on your income level, that might be free or at a reduced cost.

I'm not po' enough. I guess that's a good thing.

Widescreen
2/10/2006, 03:02 PM
Hooray for low income!

Beef
2/10/2006, 03:03 PM
my state return is > than your annual income

In all honesty, owning a ranch rocks at tax time.
Have you found a way to write off the cats?

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 03:04 PM
yeah, the $25 fee ****ed me off, but I got over it.

Well craphell, that would probably wipe out my state refund. $%#!@^ state income tax.

TopDaugIn2000
2/10/2006, 03:04 PM
got that last year (cause I only worked full time 1/2 the year, was a student the other half)

not so "lucky" this year though. and yeah, I too guess that's a good thing.

C&CDean
2/10/2006, 03:43 PM
Have you found a way to write off the cats?

No, but I did claim $875 for a .22-250 for varmint killin'. True story.

Fugue
2/10/2006, 03:45 PM
what is this refund word that you all speak of?
:(

IB4OU2
2/10/2006, 03:47 PM

Tell it to me, I may be able to do the same type claim?

Beef
2/10/2006, 03:52 PM
God bless a country where you can write off varmint killin' rifles.

C&CDean
2/10/2006, 03:53 PM
Nothing to tell my brother. When I was giving my business expenses to the accountant I asked "I bought a rifle for killing coyotes. Can I claim it on my taxes?" He said "yes." Good enough for me.

And the reality is I do use it to protect my herd. Just cause I also have fun with it doesn't matter. Unless the IRS found out I was having fun and working at the same time.

IB4OU2
2/10/2006, 04:06 PM
Nothing to tell my brother. When I was giving my business expenses to the accountant I asked "I bought a rifle for killing coyotes. Can I claim it on my taxes?" He said "yes." Good enough for me.

And the reality is I do use it to protect my herd. Just cause I also have fun with it doesn't matter. Unless the IRS found out I was having fun and working at the same time.

Sounds good to me, I bought a new shotgun this year for the same reason..........;).......;)

NormanPride
2/10/2006, 04:23 PM
Can I declare my apartment as a ranch? My cat IS pretty wild... And birds nest in the attic. Does that count?

TopDaugIn2000
2/10/2006, 04:24 PM
I have a herd of slugs that crawl around on my back patio every night. I should probably start spreading salt around before I plant my container garden. If they get in that I'll be UBER :mad:

but I guess if they do I can file for a "loss"

1stTimeCaller
2/10/2006, 04:35 PM
I have a herd of slugs that crawl around on my back patio every night. I should probably start spreading salt around before I plant my container garden. If they get in that I'll be UBER :mad:

but I guess if they do I can file for a "loss"

just put some beer in an empty tuna can or a cut off beer can and place the top even with the groung. slugs crawl in and die.

C&CDean
2/10/2006, 04:40 PM
Hillbillies do not own ducks. They own chickens. And any hillbilly worth their salt knows that chickens will pounce on, and consume pretty much anything. Ducks are fag animals.

And let me tell you about the closed-ended eco system. You see, a dog likes nothing more than to follow a chicken around and lick up their poop the minute the chicken drops it. And as fate has it, chickens like nothing better than to follow the dogs around and immediately kick their freshly laid turds into a million little pieces - and then pick out the indigested specks of grain, etc.

So, you never have to clean up after either one. You just have to always sniff your dog's breath before he licks you in the mouth. Otherwise, you will know exactly what chicken**** tastes like.

Carry on.....

IB4OU2
2/10/2006, 04:48 PM
Hillbillies do not own ducks. They own chickens. And any hillbilly worth their salt knows that chickens will pounce on, and consume pretty much anything. Ducks are fag animals.

And let me tell you about the closed-ended eco system. You see, a dog likes nothing more than to follow a chicken around and lick up their poop the minute the chicken drops it. And as fate has it, chickens like nothing better than to follow the dogs around and immediately kick their freshly laid turds into a million little pieces - and then pick out the indigested specks of grain, etc.

So, you never have to clean up after either one. You just have to always sniff your dog's breath before he licks you in the mouth. Otherwise, you will know exactly what chicken**** tastes like.

Carry on.....

:D.........Who eats first the chicken or the dog?

C&CDean
2/10/2006, 05:11 PM
It's the age-old question. But if you've ever had ****ty tasting eggs, you know where it's from.

Howzit
2/10/2006, 05:17 PM
You just have to always sniff your dog's breath before he licks you in the mouth. Otherwise, you will know exactly what chicken**** tastes like.

I can already tell you what DC's dog's breath smells like...

All together now!

1stTimeCaller
2/10/2006, 05:19 PM
PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ike
2/10/2006, 05:25 PM
I haven't been able to file my state taxes online for a couple years now. somthing about it being too damn complicated to have to fill out returns for two states at once that winds up crashing the programs....