PDA

View Full Version : Cash wheat cracks $4 for the first time since 2002

royalfan5
2/10/2006, 02:38 PM
It looks like bread may be getting more expensive soon, wheat prices are rising and the techincal factors to push it higher are there. (Rfan5 wants to be a grain trader/analyst when he grows up)

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 02:49 PM
Rfan5 wants to be a grain trader/analyst when he grows up

Keep reachin' for the stars, kid.

Jimminy Crimson
2/10/2006, 02:49 PM
Take it to the ag board! :mack:

royalfan5
2/10/2006, 02:52 PM
Keep reachin' for the stars, kid.
It beats being a lawyer, for me anyway. Besides with all the fat people in the United States, being in the food industry isn't a bad place to be.

picasso
2/10/2006, 02:55 PM
who the sam hill knows how much a loaf of bread costs? just toss it in the cart and pay for it already.
you must be from Nebraska.;)

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 02:56 PM
who the sam hill knows how much a loaf of bread costs?

One fiddy.

royalfan5
2/10/2006, 02:58 PM
who the sam hill knows how much a loaf of bread costs? just toss it in the cart and pay for it already.
you must be from Nebraska.;)
Oklahoma is a big wheat state too. Oklahoma farmers bringing in 4+ a bushel will benefit all Oklahoman's

TopDaugIn2000
2/10/2006, 02:59 PM
One fiddy.

unless you buy the fancy schmancy whole grain stuff, that's well over $2

Mjcpr
2/10/2006, 03:02 PM
Oklahoma is a big wheat state too. Oklahoma farmers bringing in 4+ a bushel will benefit all Oklahoman's

Is it worth more if it never gets wet?

handcrafted
2/10/2006, 03:04 PM
For some reason I thought this was a racism thread. Something about cash and crackers. :D

royalfan5
2/10/2006, 03:05 PM
Is it worth more if it never gets wet?
There's the reason it has cracked $4. No rain, crop problems in Russia and the US. However people who play the market right can benifit.

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 03:05 PM
unless you buy the fancy schmancy whole grain stuff, that's well over $2

Mrs. Baird's Whole Grain or Honey Top wheat, one fiddy.

FaninAma
2/10/2006, 03:06 PM
Interesting. It looks like grains/cotton have been the slowest of the commodity markets to move. Unless there is a world-wide economic slowdown I don't see the trend decreasing.

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 03:07 PM
Oklahoma farmers bringing in 4+ a bushel will benefit all Oklahoman's

All Oklahomans' what? Wallets?

royalfan5
2/10/2006, 03:12 PM
All Oklahomans' what? Wallets?
I assume y'all tax farm income, and perhaps land as well. Stronger farm income would lead towards more tax income, plus sales tax from increased farm equipment sales as well as higher property values which lead to more property tax income. That money can go into what ever you Okie's please.

TopDaugIn2000
2/10/2006, 03:16 PM
I assume y'all tax farm income, and perhaps land as well. Stronger farm income would lead towards more tax income, plus sales tax from increased farm equipment sales as well as higher property values which lead to more property tax income. That money can go into what ever you Okie's please.

like "better roads and bridges" :rolleyes:

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 03:17 PM
That money can go into what ever you Okie's please.

I don't think we have any pleases around here to put that money into.

GottaHavePride
2/10/2006, 03:35 PM
The higher price will just offset the fact that without any rain there won't be that much wheat to sell.

And I like baking my own damn bread. (When I have time.)

royalfan5
2/10/2006, 03:40 PM
The higher price will just offset the fact that without any rain there won't be that much wheat to sell.

And I like baking my own damn bread. (When I have time.)
But people who do get rain will comeout very well, as well as reduced carryover stocks because of the drain may lead to increases in the prices of other commodities if people begin to shift acres from other crops to wheat next year Cash prices and futures have in general been getting stronger this winter except for milo. Lack of rain in South America has a lot to do with this too. This will also affect ethanol prices for those of us that use bio-energy

handcrafted
2/10/2006, 03:41 PM
royalfan5 is far too well informed for the SO :D

royalfan5
2/10/2006, 03:43 PM
I just surprised my ag thread has gotten as many replies as it did.

Mjcpr
2/10/2006, 03:44 PM

He's just young and into his new career path.

It'll pass, just like it did for the rest of us. :D

royalfan5
2/10/2006, 03:49 PM
He's just young and into his new career path.

It'll pass, just like it did for the rest of us. :D
I just hope my flameout involves piles of coke and multiple stripper/hookers. I figure I might as well have a breakdown in style.

OUDoc
2/10/2006, 04:02 PM
Let this be a lesson to all you double- and triple-decker Dagwood sandwich eaters out there. You days of waste and American excess will come to an end. The days of cheap bread are over. Won't even get into the Triscuit market futures.

http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/extrapidresponse/images/stackedsandwichl.jpg

:cool:

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 04:37 PM
And I like baking my own damn bread.

gonzo must be posting from GHP's computer again. When he shows up for real I'm so gonna neg him for making the lights flicker this morning.