PDA

View Full Version : hello Sooner friends

GoTide
2/10/2006, 12:38 PM
Go Sooners! I haven't been here much lately, so I'm just wondering if you guys have any good news? I saw your recruiting looked pretty good this year. Congrats on that. Got any good pics or videos you'd like to share?

Here's a pretty good video from the Bama/Florida game. Roll Tide, and we Bama fans look forward to playing your team again, and seeing you classy fans.

Roll Tide!

http://www.vapshare.com/content/4031.wmv

stonecoldsoonerfan
2/10/2006, 01:31 PM
welcome to the board. just remember that all your recruiting base (among other things) belongs to us. ;)

AlabamaSooner
2/14/2006, 11:08 PM
I think the OU/Bama series was one of the best in a long time. Great respect between both fan bases. I was at both games and I never heard a bad word toward the other side. Being from Alabama, I still hear about plenty of respect from both sides. I know plenty of Bama fans that pull for OU and vice versa. Those games showed what college football is supposed to be about. :)

goingoneight
2/14/2006, 11:18 PM
I don't hate Bama at all... AAMOF, I have always respected their program... they live and die for college ball much like a lot of Sooners do. That's an admirable trait. Not to mention, they kind of follow OU as far as tradition and style are concerened... (both ran wishbone around same time, etc...)
I question a few of them on their National Title counting though, same with USC and that other team who we cannot utter mention on this great day. Horny-whorns had 2 until 2005, and then miraculously ended up with 4.

AlabamaSooner
2/14/2006, 11:40 PM
Yeah, the national title count depends on how you look at it. OU (as we know) goes purely by AP championships. Bama has always gone by recognized championships since the program started. Auburn fans love to argue with Bama fans about this (probably just mad because they've only got one). However, there were means by which championships were determined before the AP and that's why Alabama claims twelve instead of just seven. Someone had to have won them you know? OU could just as easily claim more, but the AP approach is just fine too I think. Either way, both my teams have a boat-load of championships. :-p

LoyalFan
2/14/2006, 11:54 PM
Yes.

OKC-SLC
2/15/2006, 12:51 AM
welcome to the board. just remember that all your recruiting base (among other things) are belong to us. ;)
fixed

randu
2/15/2006, 07:35 AM
Someone set us up the bomb.