PDA

View Full Version : The voice of a native New Orleanian

85Sooner
2/10/2006, 11:33 AM
PRetty much hits the nail on the head!

Mr. Mayor,
Let me start by saying that I am a 41-year-old vanilla male.
I supported you prior to the hurricane that "GOD" sent at us (your words), and even supported you in your efforts after. But now, you have reached down and grabbed the "race card" and want to proclaim that New Orleans be a "Chocolate New Orleans"!!!
If you were a white man/mayor and made the opposite remarks that the city needed to be a "White New Orleans", you would have had every liberal media outlet, the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, etc. here, to serve your head on a silver platter. You would be stripped of your political duties and reduced to a racist pig and kicked out of town.
Luckily for you, you're "chocolate".
"GOD is mad at us for being in Iraq"??? "That's why GOD sent hurricane after hurricane to us"??? At what point in time did you become a spokesman for GOD? Prior to the hurricane, New Orleans had terrible crime, housing, cleanliness, and education problems. Is that GOD's fault? Why would you say such things? Are you trying to alienate us from Washington/Congress, and the rest of the nation, at a time when we are in need of much help to rebuild? I think you've finally lost your mind and should consider resigning!
But let's first take a look at your "Chocolate City".
Check the stats, the majority of crime comes from the "chocolate factory". The majority of welfare goes, to the "chocolate factory". The majority of dilapidated, filthy housing is owned or inhabited by the "chocolate factory". The poor public education system is run by and inhabited by the "chocolate factory". Just look at all of the "chocolate city" public housing eyesores. You want a "chocolate city", just look at the 2nd line party-shootout where 3 people were injured, that was all chocolate, no white milk in that neighborhood. And you called the shooters "knuckleheads"? How about CRIMINALS!
And wasn't that supposed to be a welcome back parade???
Who do you think fills the majority of restaurants, hotels, conventions, or even the Superdome on Sundays, chocolates? nope! And 30-40 years ago, New Orleans was not a black majority city. But since then, we've had four "chocolate" mayors, and this city has been spiraling down the tubes ever since!
This city is my city. I was born at Touro Hospital. Even though I now reside in Jefferson, when I visit other places and someone asks me where I'm from, I tell them "New Orleans"! But this city of mine has continued to elect "chocolate politicians" over intelligent, well-minded leaders. New Orleans, and the so-called leaders in the political arena, continue to keep giving itself and us, a black eye. Corruption and "reverse racism" has plagued this city for far too long. But now, the Sleeping Giant has been awoken, and he's not happy!
Mr. Mayor, you could've taken this challenge, said the right things, done the right things, and been a real beacon of light for this desperate city. Hell, you could've done so well that you could've run for governor, or even President, and won, if you had done the right things. You and the city could've come out on top, and I would've applauded you for doing a terrific job during difficult times.
But, lo and behold, you have stooped down, as mayors past, and given us (New Orleans), another black/chocolate eye! What a shame, what a shame!
W.C.
AKA "The Vanilla Gorilla"

fadada1
2/10/2006, 11:44 AM
me thinks there's some anger in his writing.

sorta true, however. the mayor should be embarrased as a MAN, not a chocolate man.

Harry Beanbag
2/10/2006, 11:44 AM
The mayor should have resigned months ago.

LoyalFan
2/10/2006, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=fadada1]me thinks there's some anger in his writing.

Rightly so, and VERY true.
LF

Widescreen
2/10/2006, 12:54 PM
Doesn't Nagin live in Dallas now anyway?

fadada1
2/10/2006, 01:05 PM
Doesn't Nagin live in Dallas now anyway?
you didn't get the memo? dallas is the sister chocolate city to NO.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/10/2006, 01:05 PM
Nagin was right. The hurricanes and insufficient levees were BUSH's fault, because of the war in Iraq. God was just demonstrating that fact.

Taxman71
2/10/2006, 01:58 PM
Did God keep Nagin from loading people on NO's school buses and laying skidmarks North?

Harry Beanbag
2/10/2006, 02:19 PM
Did God keep Nagin from loading people on NO's school buses and laying skidmarks North?

Yes, because it's racist to put the chocolate people in vehicles with no seat belts.

Taxman71
2/10/2006, 02:26 PM
True, but wouldn't all those flatscreen TVs being stolen cushioned the blow?

fadada1
2/10/2006, 02:29 PM
Yes, because it's racist to put the chocolate people in vehicles with no seat belts.
no ****!!! i had to pay a vanilla tax on my seatbelts.

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 02:37 PM

That one was Bush's fault.

NormanPride
2/10/2006, 02:55 PM
Man, that's a confused and angry individual.

Taxman71
2/10/2006, 02:59 PM
Man, that's a confused and angry individual.

Nagin or the Vanilla Gorilla?....because I think it applies to both.

Tear Down This Wall
2/10/2006, 02:59 PM
Everybody rips Nagin because he's the one talking like an idiot. Here's a question, what about the idiot governor? She was the most worthless of the bunch.

fadada1
2/10/2006, 03:00 PM
Everybody rips Nagin because he's the one talking like an idiot. Here's a question, what about the idiot governor? She was the most worthless of the bunch.
the vanilla governor???

FaninAma
2/10/2006, 03:02 PM
What if you're ancestory is of the "twistee" type?

Actually, the guy should have said that Blacks will quit being victims when they quit acting like victims.

2/10/2006, 05:09 PM
What if you're ancestory is of the "twistee" type?

What the heck is a "twistee" ancestor?:confused:

Hamhock
2/10/2006, 05:16 PM

It's the kind with the handle in the middle.

FaninAma
2/10/2006, 05:16 PM

Mixed. Haven't you ever had a twistee cone? Part chocolate:part vanilla?

In my kids' case it's part Nebraskan:part Sooner.

fadada1
2/10/2006, 05:25 PM
Mixed. Haven't you ever had a twistee cone? Part chocolate:part vanilla?

In my kids' case it's part Nebraskan:part Sooner.
mexican + prositute = texan

NormanPride
2/10/2006, 05:29 PM
Where's gdc from again?

TUSooner
2/10/2006, 09:55 PM
Gorilla prob'ly speaks for a lot of frustrated white folks. But I don't really think Nagin is a racist politician, and I don't think he intended to alienate non-chocolate people.

2/10/2006, 10:35 PM
Gorilla prob'ly speaks for a lot of frustrated white folks. But I don't really think Nagin is a racist politician, and I don't think he intended to alienate non-chocolate people.If he's not racist, he should act more responsibly.:)