PDA

View Full Version : Barkley's an idiot

Flying Scotsman
2/9/2006, 11:26 PM
'nuff said

KaiserSooner
2/9/2006, 11:33 PM
He's from Alabama. He has no room to talk.

walkoffsooner
2/9/2006, 11:46 PM
We don't want those kind of people in Oklahoma anyway.They would eat all our chickens.

SOONER44EVER
2/10/2006, 07:29 AM
I'd like to see what would happen if a white guy made comments similar to the ones this idiot made.

Jimminy Crimson
2/10/2006, 08:14 AM
Compton is not on my list. The only whites there are the doctors and lawyers. :rolleyes:

I usually like your schtick, Sir Charles, but this fine display of reverse racism is flat out ignorant.

Grimey
2/10/2006, 09:42 AM
anyone got a link or anything? I totally missed this whole thing.

Taxman71
2/10/2006, 09:50 AM
Barkley has been getting away with this for years. I remember his saying something to the effect that hell has froze over when a "white boy" won the slam dunk championship (Barry). He also said people should quit praising John Elway because he never won anything until they got that "black boy" running behind him (Terrel Davis).

Barkley is a clown who does not realize people look at him like a clown. Considering he once hacked a loogie on a little girl at an NBA game, I will always question his mental state.

FYI - he sucks at golf. In spite of the best teachers in the world, WORST SWING EVER!

Boomer.....
2/10/2006, 09:54 AM
I have chickens and cows running around in my vast wasteland.

Boomer.....
2/10/2006, 09:55 AM
We don't want those kind of people in Oklahoma anyway.They would eat all our chickens.

:D

SanDiegoSoonerGal
2/10/2006, 09:57 AM
From Newsok.com

TNT analyst Charles Barkley took a shot at Oklahoma but took time to praise Hornets' rookie Chris Paul during TNT's All-Star selection show.

"Oklahoma is nothing but vast wasteland," Barkley said, adding that Oklahoma was "no place for black people."

"The Oklahoma Sooners and the Hornets are the only brothers in town."

Barkley teased Paul, asking if he had chickens or cows in his yard.

Personally, I think the space between Barkley's ears is nothing but a vast wasteland. :mad:

Taxman71
2/10/2006, 10:02 AM
Sir Charles the Arsehat (http://www.newsok.com/video/1757142/)

(Caution: You have to go through Deano to hear it)

soonervegas
2/10/2006, 10:27 AM
I dont' see what the big deal was. If that is his opnion...it's his opinion. I thought it was pretty funny. It doesn't mean I agree....but I still thought it was funny.

trey
2/10/2006, 11:09 AM
Greatest quote ever.....
The Oklahoma Sooners and the Hornets are the only brothers in town.
he's only speaking the truth

GrapevineSooner
2/10/2006, 11:17 AM
And I thought Barkley's ignorance extended only towards certain teams like the Mavericks.

Greatest quote ever.....
The Oklahoma Sooners and the Hornets are the only brothers in town.
he's only speaking the truth
So Oklahoma's a racist state? Which, if were true but we know that it's not, would be something that you're proud of?

Wow.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/10/2006, 11:49 AM
Barkley never beats Godzilla straight up, never...

NormanPride
2/10/2006, 12:00 PM
And I thought Barkley's ignorance extended only towards certain teams like the Mavericks.

So Oklahoma's a racist state? Which, if were true but we know that it's not, would be something that you're proud of?

Wow.

I don't see where he called us racists... just that there aren't many black people here. How is that racist? You guys are being way too sensitive.

Sir Charles is a buffoon, and he likes it that way. He's supposed to stir up trouble and get straight to the point. Compared to LA and NYC, Oklahoma IS a vast wilderness.

okienole3
2/10/2006, 01:11 PM
i don't really care about it. i think okc should use it as a pr thing and fly him in for a game and take him around bricktown, cowboy hall of fame, oak tree, big dinner @ mickey mantle's etc... they could set it up with tnt for them to follow him around with a camera crew, maybe do a live look-in with him at halftime of the game. i think it would be funny to see barkley interacting with the folks at (insert popular club name here).

we should start an email campaign to TNT, the Hornets, Mayor Mick, et al

OUGreg723
2/10/2006, 01:46 PM
i don't really care about it. i think okc should use it as a pr thing and fly him in for a game and take him around bricktown, cowboy hall of fame, oak tree, big dinner @ mickey mantle's etc... they could set it up with tnt for them to follow him around with a camera crew, maybe do a live look-in with him at halftime of the game. i think it would be funny to see barkley interacting with the folks at (insert popular club name here).

Now THAT ain't a bad idea!

Taxman71
2/10/2006, 01:53 PM

That would only validate his oversized ego and impression of himself as being more than he is. I would rather he just fade away like Mike ******.

SoonerBorn
2/10/2006, 01:55 PM
Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/koco/20060210/lo_koco/3259505)

Eh. Whatever.

OUGreg723
2/10/2006, 02:00 PM
Concerning Barkley's comments,

According to the 2000 census, Oklahoma is almost 8% African American and increasing. The US is 12% African American as a whole. Oklahoma is 4% below the national average. It really fits with the state's population when you think about it. There are only two 'Urban' areas in the state, which arent really even big cities(not that that is a bad thing), and if you look at where African American's live on a national average, there tends to be higher population in Urban areas. With Oklahoma's population growing, we can probably expect a jump in AA population in the next 20 years. SO Sir Charles, isnt quite accurate...

soonervegas
2/10/2006, 02:08 PM

I bet this happens. I also think the opening shot should be of Barkley in the middle of some cow pasture surrounded by livestock. (I mean we are an argicultural state....why is that a bad thing?) Then cut to the city of OKC....as quoted above.

OUstud
2/10/2006, 04:49 PM
That, or take him to some of the areas near MLK Ave.

He's just a fatass with a big mouth and NO rings.

walkoffsooner
2/10/2006, 07:20 PM
I think he likes to talk to watch for reaction.My niece played in the wnba she got a chance to meet Jordan and Barkley one night after a game at a team party.She said Barkley was such a jerk the sparks and lakers owner even said he was a jerk raciest.She said Jordan was a nice guy.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
2/10/2006, 09:17 PM
To me this is just so simple.

If a white person said Detroit was no place for white people, he/she would be tagged a racist in the blink of an eye. And rightfully so.

Yeah, I know there's a double standard, but there's no way that Barkley's remark wasn't racist.

Soonerus
2/11/2006, 12:47 AM
Barkley is actually a pretty good guy...he will end up visiting Oklahoma over this event and become an ambassador for our great state...he is just trying in is own immature and sensationalistic way to trying to be a journalist and continuing to earn some money....

bigdsooner
2/12/2006, 09:43 AM
personally, i like barkley...i didnt take his comments as offensive, he likes that to everybody. didnt he say that georgians were dumber than rocks or something like that, he's just being a moron. you cant tell me he's never heard of jc watts, little joe, the selmons, blake ;) ,barry sanders, these people are black who became famous and are loved by oklahoman's in oklahoma. its just what barkley does...the great antagonizer

picasso
2/12/2006, 10:17 PM
lord, we sure are thin skinned.

Brad Bubba Henry felt the need to repsond saying nobody put much worth in what Barkley had to say.

heh.

Big Red Ron
2/12/2006, 10:21 PM
lord, we sure are thin skinned.

Brad Bubba Henry felt the need to repsond saying nobody put much worth in what Barkley had to say.

heh.I think that says more about Brad than Barkley. ;)

picasso
2/12/2006, 10:28 PM
I think that says more about Brad than Barkley. ;)
I'd rather get kicked in the junk than listen to Brad Henry speak.

josh09
2/12/2006, 10:53 PM
so do you guys think its a conspiracy between callahan and barkley?

josh09
2/12/2006, 10:53 PM
i mean, with the name calling and all.

picasso
2/12/2006, 11:08 PM
so do you guys think its a conspiracy between callahan and barkley?
hahaha!

birddog
2/12/2006, 11:41 PM
I bet this happens. I also think the opening shot should be of Barkley in the middle of some cow pasture surrounded by livestock. (I mean we are an argicultural state....why is that a bad thing?) Then cut to the city of OKC....as quoted above.
It is happening. Mary so and so offered him a private jet to OKC. I think it was in a Tramel article today or yesterday in the DO.