PDA

View Full Version : Another question that urks me...

goingoneight
2/9/2006, 11:04 PM
I was at work and someone asked me who I would least like to hold up the crystal ball... Several came to mind, though some have already held it up at this point...

All in all, I'd have to say Lester winning an MNC would sicken me the most at this point... Thoughts? Comments?

I didn't really like Mack Brown holding it up (as he is the second ex-Sooner to do that at UT)... But I at least saw Mack congratulate the opponents and salute the tradition of great high school football in Texas... he was goo with the fans, too. VY pronouncing the word "Ti-ax-es" kinda made my skin crawl, but it wasn't half as bad as I could imagine it. I don't see Lester congratulating anyone unless told to do so... and that guy, despite his gifts as a coach, is a royal @$$. As in doesn't give fans the time of day, talks crap before the games he plays...
"I guess we'll just see if they're actually capable of beating us this year..."
"This should be a pretty easy win..."
"They're the best team in the nation... (smirks) or so we're told..." 52-9 @$$hole!

Who do you guys despise the thought of holding up the crystal ball? C'mon just for fun...

AND I DON'T HATE LSU, I rather liked Nick Saban and his coaching styles... please remember that this guys made Sooners puke long before he "became a Tiger."

the_ouskull
2/9/2006, 11:12 PM
Mack Brown would sicken me the most. I don't give a sh*t about anybody who may get a chance to hold one up. Mack Brown hoisting the crystal ball, EVER, makes me sick to my stomach. I'd rather have my eyes humped out in prison than EVER have to watch that again... at least while he's at Tejas.

the_ouskull

Norm In Norman
2/9/2006, 11:14 PM
I have absolutely no idea what urk means.

SoonerInKCMO
2/9/2006, 11:15 PM
Dammit Norm - quit stealing my lines.

Big Red Ron
2/9/2006, 11:23 PM
Charlie Weis at ND would make me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

goingoneight
2/9/2006, 11:30 PM
Well, Charlie Weiss and Mack Brown only because of who the represent, I guess. I say Les Miles because he is like Mike Leach, but not funny... just a ****head. Charlie and Mack I can imagine (Mack because I've seen it) are somewhat classy and if they want to rub it in, I'll just mute the TV... the whole 'letting the dying kid call the first play' tells me that despite him being a domer, I can stomach Charlie Weiss. Although I would much rather see OU tie up or pass ND in MNCs before seeing the domers claim another.

Bhluhhhblah ahhh!!! Let's just win them all from here out so we don't have to see this crap again.

Lester and Mack or Lester and Charlie competing for one... my god! Haven't we been punished enough lately?

FlatheadSooner
2/10/2006, 05:35 AM
Pete Carroll and USC would not only make me throw up in my mouth, it would start to burn my nostrils.

Harry Beanbag
2/10/2006, 07:16 AM
I don't care about individual coaches, it's the schools they represent that count, like Texas. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sooner in Tampa
2/10/2006, 07:27 AM
Anybody other than Bob Stoops

OU-HSV
2/10/2006, 08:44 AM
Mack Brown (too late unfortunately) and definately Lester the Molester would make me vomit if he won it.

GottaHavePride
2/10/2006, 10:10 AM
I have absolutely no idea what urk means.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/images/headlines/072397/fea_urkel.jpg

XingTheRubicon
2/10/2006, 10:49 AM
I wonder how old I'll be when USC claims 2005

soonerlaw
2/10/2006, 04:08 PM
1. Pete Carroll
2. Les Miles
3. Bill Callahan
4. Francione
5. Gundy (although fat chance of this)

Brasky7
2/10/2006, 04:52 PM
Leslie Miles
Bill Callahan
Mack Brown
One-Pete Carroll
Howard Schnellenasshatburger
Tommy Tuberville
Fat Phil Fulmer
Jim Tressel
Lloyd Car
Urban Mayer
Frank Beamer
Any Bowden
Joe Paterno

on the other hand, if we're not gonna win it EVERY YEAR,
what coach would you like to see holding the crystal?

Mike Stoops
Chuck Long (a job or two down the road)
Steve Spurrier
Bellotti (just not this upcoming season)
Joe Tiller (i don't know why, but i like him)

OUGreg723
2/10/2006, 05:16 PM
Charlie Weis at ND would make me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

Hav'nt you heard? They want to fire Charlie Weis at Notre Dame!! Its all over the net!!:rolleyes:

Brasky7
2/14/2006, 04:11 PM
Hav'nt you heard? They want to fire Charlie Weis at Notre Dame!! Its all over the net!!:rolleyes:

i wonder how long it'll be before the folks at illinois try to buy fireronzook.com from the guys at florida...

The Consumate Showman
2/14/2006, 04:18 PM
Gundy hoisting up that ball would IRK me the most. OMG, the thought of an aggies team winning it makes my skin crawl.

If I had to see another coach win it, I would only like to see one or the other of Mike Stoops or Steve Kragthorpe. Those guys are classy and I have a lot of respect for both of them. Everybody else can kiss off!

goingoneight
2/14/2006, 10:53 PM
Yeah, gotta agree a little there... Not only would OU hear about their ONE National Title for the next 50 years, they would only remember the 'beating OU' part of the season... That would be like me reflecting on our close one with Texass in 2000... ;)

1991SOONER
2/14/2006, 11:01 PM
I was at work and someone asked me who I would least like to hold up the crystal ball... Several came to mind, though some have already held it up at this point...

All in all, I'd have to say Lester winning an MNC would sicken me the most at this point... Thoughts? Comments?

I didn't really like Mack Brown holding it up (as he is the second ex-Sooner to do that at UT)... But I at least saw Mack congratulate the opponents and salute the tradition of great high school football in Texas... he was goo with the fans, too. VY pronouncing the word "Ti-ax-es" kinda made my skin crawl, but it wasn't half as bad as I could imagine it. I don't see Lester congratulating anyone unless told to do so... and that guy, despite his gifts as a coach, is a royal @$$. As in doesn't give fans the time of day, talks crap before the games he plays...
"I guess we'll just see if they're actually capable of beating us this year..."
"This should be a pretty easy win..."
"They're the best team in the nation... (smirks) or so we're told..." 52-9 @$$hole!

Who do you guys despise the thought of holding up the crystal ball? C'mon just for fun...

AND I DON'T HATE LSU, I rather liked Nick Saban and his coaching styles... please remember that this guys made Sooners puke long before he "became a Tiger."

I don't think that will ever happen and here's why: One of these days lester is going to decide to start coaching at lsu and the downward spiral will begin there........:)

LoyalFan
2/14/2006, 11:58 PM
Yes.

ADalltheway
2/16/2006, 02:49 PM
I have got to agree there are few coaches that I would like to see hold up the crystal ball but one would be Mike Stoops, he has really turned that school around down there. The one that I would like to never see hold it up again would be the shorthorns. It will be great when they lose the chance because of the Red River shootout.

humblesooner
2/16/2006, 04:13 PM
I wonder how old I'll be when USC claims 2005

Since they actually had to play and lost the game, it will probably be about 5 years. Had they not been invited, they would already have claimed it.:rolleyes:

tbl
2/16/2006, 04:36 PM
I still say Les would be the most stomach turning. Out of all the Sooner hated coaches, he has a decent chance at it. No worries about Gundy... I mean, come on...

1. I can't stand Les Miles. Every reason previously posted is 100% accurate.
2. I hate LSU. All my Mother-in-laws family lives in that turn state and they're all raving LSU fans.

TexasIsOUsBtch
2/18/2006, 12:49 AM
on the other hand, if we're not gonna win it EVERY YEAR,
what coach would you like to see holding the crystal?

Mike Stoops
Chuck Long (a job or two down the road)
Steve Spurrier
Bellotti (just not this upcoming season)
Joe Tiller (i don't know why, but i like him)

Chuck Long will sell me an ADT alarm system for my house before he holds up the ADT Crystal Ball!!!! Mark my words....

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/18/2006, 01:38 AM
Charlie Weis at ND would make me throw up a little bit in my mouth.ANY NOTRE DAME COACH, EVER(with the only exception being stopping an OU win streak threatening team, such as the suc this year).

kelloggOUballa
2/18/2006, 02:01 AM
I have got to agree there are few coaches that I would like to see hold up the crystal ball but one would be Mike Stoops, he has really turned that school around down there. The one that I would like to never see hold it up again would be the shorthorns. It will be great when they lose the chance because of the Red River shootout.

I too would love to see Mike hold up the crystal football, but two 3-8 seasons is not what I call turned around. Hopefully he improves with "his" players, if not maybe he'll come back to be our co-DC!

Octavian
2/18/2006, 02:10 AM
If we're talking about the program, its Notre Dame.

The coach: Lester.

But I agree w/ the "its not the coach, its the program they represent" argument.

Other than the obvious Texas/Notre Dame/USC/Miami/LSU coaches....I'd say Jim Tressel.

Everything about Ohio St. urks me...