PDA

View Full Version : It must suck to be Mrs. Phil Kline

mdklatt
2/9/2006, 05:45 PM
http://www.slate.com/id/2135821/

Kansas Attorney General Phil Kline reinterpreted his state law to require all health-care workers, doctors, counselors, social workers, and others to report every single instance of intimate contact between consenting teens under 16, on the theory that each such incident constitutes a rape, regardless of the parties' mutual consent.

According to Kline's trial testimony last week: Illegal sexual activity is conduct "which is so clearly offensive as to shock the moral conscience of a reasonable person." He further refined this answer to explain that it's thus a crime for a 15-year-old boy to perform oral sex on a 15-year-old girl, but it's only a crime for a 15-year-old girl engaging in oral sex on a 15-year-old boy "if there's penetration." When questioned as to what such penetration might involve, Kline responded, "I'm not certain."

So hummers are fine (barring "penetration"?), but a visit from Col. Angus is a crime. Just how ****ed up is Kansas anyway?

soonerscuba
2/9/2006, 05:48 PM
I just wanted to say cooter finger before anyone else.

NormanPride
2/9/2006, 05:55 PM
I give this thread three more posts.

Mjcpr
2/9/2006, 05:59 PM
Better than being Mrs Phil McGroin I'll bet.

colleyvillesooner
2/9/2006, 06:01 PM
made it.

mdklatt
2/9/2006, 06:05 PM
Better than being Mrs Phil McGroin I'll bet.

Which better still than Phil McKracken.

yermom
2/9/2006, 06:15 PM
that is some cunning linguistics there

GottaHavePride
2/9/2006, 06:44 PM
So hummers are fine (barring "penetration"?), but a visit from Col. Angus is a crime. Just how ****ed up is Kansas anyway?

the answer is very.

royalfan5
2/9/2006, 07:08 PM
Nebraska just sent a guy to the pen for nailing his 13yr old wife when he was 21. Good ol Kansas let them get married, but stuff like that doesn't slip by our boy wonder AG. So it goes show Nebraska less backward than Kansas.

mdklatt
2/9/2006, 08:02 PM
There's waay too much diddling going on in the heartland

I have lots of neighbors that I hope stop reproducing.

royalfan5
2/9/2006, 08:20 PM
I have lots of neighbors that I hope stop reproducing.
look at the bright side, if you ever go on a Falling Down style rampage, you'll have plenty of interesting targets. At least thats the way I look at it.

KABOOKIE
2/9/2006, 10:38 PM
Just how ****ed up is Kansas anyway?

Pretty ****ed up. But, Kansas has been ****ed up for over 100 years now. So, according to the law we don't have to report it to anyone! :D