PDA

View Full Version : Kim Mitchell

Tear Down This Wall
2/9/2006, 04:07 PM
Aboot 22 years ago, Canadian rocker Kim Mitchell said, "Might as well go for a soda, nobody hurts and nobody cries. Might as well go for a soda, nobody drowns and nobody dies. Might as well go for a soda, it's better than slander
It's better than lies."

To this day, I believe him.

mdklatt
2/9/2006, 04:15 PM
Aboot 22 years ago, Canadian rocker Kim Mitchell said, "Might as well go for a soda, nobody hurts and nobody cries. Might as well go for a soda, nobody drowns and nobody dies. Might as well go for a soda, it's better than slander
It's better than lies."

I like that song, although I have no idea what he's talking about. And why is a dude named "Kim"?

colleyvillesooner
2/9/2006, 04:18 PM
Aboot 22 years ago, Canadian rocker Kim Mitchell said, "Might as well go for a Molson, nobody hurts and nobody cries. Might as well go for a Molson, nobody drowns and nobody dies. Might as well go for a Molson, it's better than slander
It's better than lies."

To this day, I believe him.

Fixed

HoserSooner
2/9/2006, 04:26 PM
He's now the afternoon host on the Toronto rock station. Still plays the odd concert around here, and that song is on regular rotation on most stations.

Can't explain the dude named Kim thing though.

handcrafted
2/9/2006, 04:34 PM
Kim Mitchell - frontman for Max Webster, which some consider to be the second-greatest Canadian rock band ever. They toured with Rush for a couple of years in 1979-1980. Max Webster's lyricist, Pye Dubois, has contributed lyrics to Neil Peart for several Rush songs.

crawfish
2/9/2006, 04:38 PM
Did you listen to him under patio lanterns?

royalfan5
6/2/2007, 10:18 PM
He's now the afternoon host on the Toronto rock station. Still plays the odd concert around here, and that song is on regular rotation on most stations.

Can't explain the dude named Kim thing though.
I know several dudes named Kim. In at least one case it's short for Kimball. Also that song and video rule.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ote7_jcKqOw

yermom
6/2/2007, 10:26 PM
this one played a pretty good guitar...

http://www.bigdwarfrodeo.com/pictures/guild_ad.jpg