PDA

View Full Version : Bob Carpenter, you're awful

BoomerSoonhauer
2/9/2006, 12:17 AM
Which is much less than I would like to say but I will be nice . . .

I watch on Dish Network and would listen to Bob Barry & Company but the delay is enough to make a sane person come completely unhinged. So I suffer through the ESPN+ coverage and to hear Carpenter call the game, it sounded like we were "in real trouble" even with our biggest lead of the night. Such a poke homer, he should get airchecked and reprimanded for sounding so dissappointed that the Sooners could school the Pokes at home.

My favorite quote of the night

"Neal completely MISSES the THREE . . . and it goes in anyway."

What the???

OklahomaTrombone
2/9/2006, 12:20 AM
My favorite was his partner saying "least good"

SoonerObsession
2/9/2006, 12:41 AM
After all the big leads OU has lost this year, you think that his comments were unfounded?

kelloggOUballa
2/9/2006, 12:59 AM
Yeah Micheal Neal has the shooters touch, breaks like that should be expected. OSU Sucks, and so does Carpenter!

Boomer.....
2/9/2006, 09:36 AM
The commentating was absolutely horrible! All they would talk about is the aggies.:confused:

Mjcpr
2/9/2006, 09:37 AM
I wish every commentator in every sport didn't hate the Sooners.

JoJo Dudeman
2/9/2006, 09:44 AM
But he can tell you all about a fresh hot Mazzio's pizza. ***

***(Only funny if you live in Tulsa)

runner1182
2/9/2006, 09:50 AM
they were totally in love with osu and it showed when ou was kicking their tail that the commenters said this was a upset, the only upset was that ou didnt beat them by more

OklahomaTrombone
2/9/2006, 10:00 AM
But he can tell you all about a fresh hot Mazzio's pizza. ***

***(Only funny if you live in Tulsa)

And how when his home suffered water damage he turned to Burgraff restoration

colleyvillesooner
2/9/2006, 10:03 AM
My favorite was when he said, "OU's gonna come in to Stillwater and steal one." as we're up by 13.

I'm sorry, I tried to fight through it, but they sucked. It was like they just wanted it to be close so they could call a close game.

Pricetag
2/9/2006, 11:57 AM
Bob does the play-by-play for all the Sooner Network games. I'd hardly call him an OSU homer.

Did you hear the CLUNK on the Neal shot? That was one of the most incredible rolls I've seen. I thought someone had tipped it in for a second.

Any time we win in Stillwater it can be considered "stealing one," regardless of the margin of victory, IMO. We don't win there much.

NormanPride
2/9/2006, 12:03 PM
And how when his home suffered water damage he turned to Burgraff restoration

Or about the latest policy from AMPAC. Did you know about their Cash-Back-from-AMPAC program? *twitch*

Also, was anyone tired of hearing about how Everett was scared of Dove? Especially after he schooled the poke about three times in a row?

It was nice hearing them finally give Terrell his dues in the second half when nobody could ignore his performance.

Pricetag
2/9/2006, 03:09 PM
Don't forget about our good buddy Trani Matthews at Tulsa Runner.

ccsooner
2/9/2006, 10:38 PM
I can't hardly stand to listen to the buzz in tulsa when he's on. Considering the sports animal seems to run 58 minutes of commercials an hour, i can't complain much about the ads he does, but damn, he hates my beloved cubbies, might be on the SSN but seems to be a poke homer, and worst of all, the arrogant SOB comes off as a dick on the radio.

(i beat him with my run-on sentences)

NickZeppelin
2/9/2006, 11:02 PM
I think Bob Carpenter when to school in Missouri somewhere. He's from Tulsa though.

NormanPride
2/10/2006, 12:05 PM
I loved it so much when, after talking arrogant smack all year on the Astros, his beloved Cards got punked hardcore in the NLCS. Funny how they never talked about baseball when the Cards were getting their asses handed to them!

Mjcpr
2/10/2006, 12:11 PM
I think Bob Carpenter when to school in Missouri somewhere. He's from Tulsa though.

Lives here too.

picasso
2/10/2006, 12:49 PM
Bob does the play-by-play for all the Sooner Network games. I'd hardly call him an OSU homer.

Did you hear the CLUNK on the Neal shot? That was one of the most incredible rolls I've seen. I thought someone had tipped it in for a second.

Any time we win in Stillwater it can be considered "stealing one," regardless of the margin of victory, IMO. We don't win there much.
yep. I didn't get any homerish vibe from him.
I've always liked his work myself. and he's always supported the state's athletics.

Pricetag
2/10/2006, 01:13 PM
yep. I didn't get any homerish vibe from him.
I've always liked his work myself. and he's always supported the state's athletics.
Yep. I grew up a huge fan of the Tulsa Roughnecks of the old North American Soccer League, and Bob was a big part of that organization. He even appeared on the roster once when the Roughnecks needed another American player to meed the requirement.

picasso
2/10/2006, 02:59 PM
Yep. I grew up a huge fan of the Tulsa Roughnecks of the old North American Soccer League, and Bob was a big part of that organization. He even appeared on the roster once when the Roughnecks needed another American player to meed the requirement.
Alan Woody Woodward.:)
They came and gave a clinic for my team once. I recall going to a Roughneck's game vs. New York Cosmos. packed house at Skelly. We won 3-0.
Giorgio Chinaglia was the man.

Pricetag
2/10/2006, 04:23 PM
About the only win I can remember against the Cosmos was in 1984, the "Goodbye Roughnecks" game after news had broken that the NASL was folding.

Just hearing the name "Chinaglia" makes me cringe.