PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Griffin

Big Red Ron
2/8/2006, 11:37 PM
Is going to be a star at OU. If he can learn to shoot a mid range jumper, he'll play in the NBA.

'Course, Kelvin will run him off just as he begins to season. ;)

CtheB
2/8/2006, 11:40 PM
It was nice to see him get the ball without KS yelling "Don't shoot" at him from the sidelines. This kid has skillls, and if we can keep him happy, I would love to see Blake join him next year.

usmc-sooner
2/8/2006, 11:44 PM
I saw him play in the Ok HS Finals against Riverside Indian School, he had a heck of a game but Riverside had him gassed and then they slowed the game down and he took over.

I think he has a younger brother who is pretty good as well.

GottaHavePride
2/8/2006, 11:46 PM
He grew up before our eyes.

CtheB
2/8/2006, 11:48 PM
I saw him play in the Ok HS Finals against Riverside Indian School, he had a heck of a game but Riverside had him gassed and then they slowed the game down and he took over.

I think he has a younger brother who is pretty good as well.

Blake's the little brother. Leaning toward UCLA from what I know.

OUAndy1807
2/9/2006, 12:13 AM
mid range jumper, that's definitely the key for him and the team (I'm being serious)

King Crimson
2/9/2006, 12:56 AM
mid range jumper, that's definitely the key for him and the team (I'm being serious)

that's kind of the mystery with Carter--that was supposed to be his "M.O."

Soonerus
2/9/2006, 01:11 AM
Here's a secret Griffin will far exceed Bookout's contributions...I think Bookout is great so that tells you my assessment of Griffin...

SoonerDood
2/9/2006, 03:20 AM
my roomie has man-love for Taylor Griffin.

CincySooner
2/9/2006, 09:21 AM
Im glad we finally have somone who can step in for Grey when he gets into foul trouble, because Longar was a train wreck last night.

Newbomb Turk
2/9/2006, 09:26 AM
Im glad we finally have somone who can step in for Grey when he gets into foul trouble, because Longar was a train wreck last night.

no doubt.

Boomer.....
2/9/2006, 09:31 AM
Longar and Grey were horrible last night. If it wasn't for the great play and presence of Griffin, that game could have been much closer. Especially with all of those treys they were making at the end.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/9/2006, 09:56 AM
I don't know that I necessarily see Griffin as a future NBA player but I do see some comparison between not only him and Bookout but also Najera. Offensively Griffin right now is ahead of where Najera was as a freshman. I don't know that he will ever be a main offensive option but his defense right now is excellant. Without him playing well last night we probably lose.

the_ouskull
2/9/2006, 01:33 PM
I've been saying all season that Taylor Griffin is currently our best NBA prospect. Not Taj. Not Terrell. Not Nate Carter, which saddens me, 'cause I think he and Kelvin aren't seeing eye-to-eye. Taylor Griffin.

Mark it down.

the_ouskull

NormanPride
2/9/2006, 02:13 PM
I know it would be at the expense of other great players, but Griffin needs more PT. He's got too much energy and strength to be sitting on the bench 90% of the game.

Mjcpr
2/9/2006, 02:16 PM
I've been saying all season that Taylor Griffin is currently our best NBA prospect.

Would he not be yet another power forward trapped in a small forward's body? Seems like there are always decent post players in college but they're 6'7" and can almost never make the transition to the pro game. Just wondering if he wouldn't fall into that category.

Big Red Ron
2/9/2006, 03:40 PM
Would he not be yet another power forward trapped in a small forward's body? Seems like there are always decent post players in college but they're 6'7" and can almost never make the transition to the pro game. Just wondering if he wouldn't fall into that category.The only one that had the body to go to the NBA that fits into that category is Edwardo. Ace McGee didn't run well enough or he sure as heck could play in the NBA, although, he's getting paid in europe. Ryan Minor was 6-5 but barely weighed 200 lbs, Nater Erdman was in the same boat. Renzi Stone was 6'10 but just wasn't a very good athlete.

Taylor has the size (6'7, 240 lbs) and athleticism to play in the NBA, right now. If he developes a mid range jumper and can pound it inside, watch out. He does have a lot to learn though. We'll see.

NormanPride
2/9/2006, 04:03 PM
He looks like Malik Rose to me. He's doing/did okay in the NBA...

Collier11
2/9/2006, 05:02 PM
griffin definately has the body to become a superstar, now if he can continue to develop his game...and im talking about basketball not his luck with the ladies

OUmillenium
2/10/2006, 11:48 AM
I loved his athleticism and court awareness from early in the season. I did not think he would show up in any big games this year though. He simply needs to work on shooting the J. The 2 best videos available on shooting I've seen include the classic Steve Alford video and one by Pistol Pete. Too bad Sampson doesn't teach shooting technique to post men.

Chi Gamma Blackness
2/11/2006, 10:04 PM
I love this guy...he really does have this presence on the court..and I'm glad he can fill the position when Taj gets into trouble...my friend at stillwater said Griff was a machine.

NickZeppelin
2/11/2006, 10:17 PM
Griffin could be a star. But I think we'll have a hard time replacing a Bookout next year will be tough. We won't have the rebounding presence inside and we won't have anyone that will sorta make Griffin's job easier.

oumartin
2/11/2006, 10:29 PM
I heard he's transferring after this season!

Collier11
2/12/2006, 02:06 AM
I heard you are clueless???

birddog
2/12/2006, 02:08 AM
He's a gloom and doomer.

oumartin
2/12/2006, 02:29 AM
I've heard you guys are uptight sunshine pumpers! :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/12/2006, 02:50 AM
I heard that you guys heard!!!!

Collier11
2/12/2006, 03:04 AM
ya heard!!!

SoonerShark
2/13/2006, 02:38 PM
Blake's the little brother. Leaning toward UCLA from what I know.

Who, What Where, When, How, Why UCLA?

I read that he scrimmaged against our players when visiting his brother, which means nothing.

BeanoBannedMe I'm Sad
2/13/2006, 05:53 PM
Too bad Sampson doesn't teach shooting technique to post men

Sampson teaches cheating, that's all.

Big Red Ron
2/13/2006, 05:55 PM
Sampson teaches cheating, that's all.Cept he hasn't done anything like Eddie Sutton did at Kentucky.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/13/2006, 05:56 PM
Sampson drives Sutton to drink, that's all.

Fixed

BeanoBannedMe I'm Sad
2/13/2006, 05:57 PM
He was cleared you retard. Check your history.

Big Red Ron
2/13/2006, 05:59 PM
He was cleared you retard. Check your history.Bull ****. ESPN just noted how he destroyed their program.

Collier11
2/13/2006, 05:59 PM
I havent read one of your posts boren where you are saying anything good about OU. Why are you even on this board

silverwheels
2/13/2006, 06:01 PM
I havent read one of your posts boren where you are saying anything good about OU. Why are you even on this board

Just some inbred retard Aggie who learned how to use a computer.

birddog
2/13/2006, 06:04 PM
Sampson teaches cheating, that's all.
And Yer outta here!!! Pack it up and move it out...

BeanoBannedMe I'm Sad
2/13/2006, 06:06 PM
You squats are funny! Freakin' inbreds ain't got a semester's worth between you.

Just go down to Wally World, stock up on red shirts and get in line with the rest of the poor lemmings.

Collier11
2/13/2006, 06:10 PM
do you even know what you are talking about...I believe boren is on some of eddie's pain killerz

silverwheels
2/13/2006, 06:10 PM
You squats are funny! Freakin' inbreds ain't got a semester's worth between you.

Just go down to Wally World, stock up on red shirts and get in line with the rest of the poor lemmings.

Yawn...

I guess you might as well make the most of your short time here and throw every stupid generic anti-OU comment you idiots have come up with at us. I see you called us "squats." That's one. A Wal-Mart reference. That's two. Lemmings, a reference to a bandwagon. That's three. Got any more?

Collier11
2/13/2006, 06:11 PM
I guess he could talk about how we own them in Football and beat them in stillwater this year in bball...or ya know, something relevant like that

birddog
2/13/2006, 06:14 PM
I guess he could talk about how we own them in Football and beat them in stillwater this year in bball...or ya know, something relevant like that
Come on. Sheep Humpers don't like to talk about sports.