PDA

View Full Version : If you're not watching Invasion.....

DCSooner
2/8/2006, 11:26 PM
You're missing out. Holy crap CAN I GET A WITNESS?!?!?!?!?

crawfish
2/8/2006, 11:27 PM
What was the "cute little girl mugging for the camera" scene count tonight?

Rhino
2/8/2006, 11:42 PM
Did the aliens come in and/or out of the water again?

DCSooner
2/9/2006, 12:02 AM
God bless it.

You guess are missing it, I'm serious. I was skeered.

DCSooner
2/9/2006, 10:27 AM
No one watched last night? Jeez.

colleyvillesooner
2/9/2006, 10:30 AM
THat show sucks

1stTimeCaller
2/9/2006, 10:30 AM
Who knew DC was a chick?

skycat
2/9/2006, 10:33 AM
Who knew DC was a chick?

Most of us.

DCSooner
2/9/2006, 11:35 AM
<sigggggggh>

crawfish
2/9/2006, 11:39 AM
I think 95% of Invasion's neilson numbers are due to people forgetting to change the channel after "Lost". ;)

DCSooner
2/9/2006, 11:57 AM
Spoiler warning in case you missed last night!!!!111!!1!1!

Now this was a jam-packed episode... way too much happened and guaranteed I'm going to forget something important, so bear with me as I try to recall every detail. As I've said before, this show started out slow but damn is it good or what? With some of the fluff episodes that Lost has been pushing out lately (Charlie's crappy episode (http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/01/25/lost-fire-water/) anyone?), it's making Invasion even more enjoyable because it makes up for the previous hour of disappointment.This episode can be compared to buying deli meat, specifically one of those vacuum-sealed things that has bologna, salami, and smoked honey ham all in the same package. What I'm trying to say is that it had everything. Who shot Tom? What keeps watching Larkin take a shower from the bathroom window? Who the heck is this Zura guy that Healy kept telling Russel about in the last episode? Where the heck did Louis go? All answered my friends.
Surprise! Tom is healthy already. Save for a few scars (alien-human hybrid chicks dig scars) he seems fine and Mariel wheels him out of the hospital into a crowd of reporters in a scene eerily similar to when she wheeled him out of the hospital nine years ago after the plane crash. Tom hops in a cruiser with one of his deputies and heads off to find his assailant. First stop? Father Scanlon's church. Tom asks the group if anyone knows where Louis is because at this point he makes the most sense. After all, Tom did make the guy cut his own arm off with a chainsaw. An elderly guy tells Tom that he saw Louis "down by the river."
Tom finds Louis has set up a small camp off in the woods and guess who's been sleeping in the tent with him? Kira... but apparently all they did was talk. She feels left out and wants to know what went on in the water. She even sees Mariel about it. I never thought Kira was na&#239;ve and just assumed Tom spoke down to her because it's the way he was... but now I'm starting to think that maybe she is a little, um, slow? I mean c'mon, this is not a club you want to join.
Meanwhile, something is watching Larkin as she showers. Whoever, or whatever it is, gets cornered in the garage by Dave and Russel. The thing (yes, that's the noun I'm going with) looks just like Dave, only if he had been that guy in The Fly who got the acid shot all over his face. It was Dave, but kind of melted. Now remember that Dave got attacked by one of the aliens earlier in the season. It got his leg, but Dave broke free. So the alien started to transform, but couldn't complete. So we get an incomplete copy roaming around Russel's place and stealing Dave's stuff. It was actually kind of sad. Horribly disgusting looking, but sad. The whole time it had very labored breathing and near the end of the episode, it died. The only thing that bugged me about this was the lack of urgency. We already had Tom's skeleton, but this was even better proof that the aliens clone your body and then discard it. Hopefully next week moves into high gear because that it freaky stuff.
Back at Tom's, Louis admits to the Sheriff that he had been counseled by Father Scanlon. So Scanlon a) knew where Louis was and didn't tell Tom when asked, and b) knew what Tom made Louis do. Tom confronts Scanlon and he admits that he was the shooter. He felt mislead and believed he was ignoring his priestly duties by believing in Tom's cause. Rather than retaliate, Tom sends Scanlon down to his "special camp." The one with Derek and the duffle bag full of guns and cop uniforms. However, the real shocker is that Tom tells Scanlon about the man who runs the camp. A good friend named Zura. So Zura was never out to get Tom - he was working with him the whole time. The episode ends with the biggest shocker. Apparently Kira was serious about finding out what happens in the water. So she walks into it. And from next week's preview it looks like she ends up in Zura's camp too. Something tells me that Tom will not be pleased about this.

DCSooner
2/9/2006, 12:02 PM
Heh.

HNR has learned from an an inside source that ABC Television has decided to shake up its Wednesday night lineup by replacing the "alien infiltration" drama, Invasion, with the criminal procedure series, The Evidence. While the network has not officially cancelled its Wednesday night companion to Lost, sources tell us that it's unlikely Invasion will return for a second season; a consequence of less than remarkable ratings.

Rhino
2/9/2006, 12:09 PM
Oh, they went into the water this time.