PDA

View Full Version : Women's Team sets Big XII record

ouflak
2/8/2006, 10:31 PM
With their 10th consecutive win in the conference tonight (OU - 86, KU - 57), the most ever by any team. Congrats ladies!

KABOOKIE
2/8/2006, 11:24 PM
I wanna marry Sherri.

Ruuuuuufus
2/8/2006, 11:26 PM
Courtney was a little off tonight and she still had 18 pts and 12 boards :)

oumartin
2/8/2006, 11:26 PM
they kick serious big 12 butt!

sooner addict1890
2/8/2006, 11:28 PM
Awesomeness...they are rollin'

walkoffsooner
2/9/2006, 01:02 AM
Looking better every game and her teams doing well also.

Soonerus
2/9/2006, 01:06 AM
I really think they can win the WNC in Basketball this year...

SoonerDood
2/9/2006, 03:21 AM
think of how good they'll be in 4 years... with Olajowan

AllAboutThe'O'
2/9/2006, 03:48 PM
I was there at the game last night. I hung around afterward to hear Sherri's post-game radio comments and as she was walking toward the tunnel she saw me and gave me a wave and I waved back.
Now I'm not going to wash this hand for a while. Oops, too late, I took a shower this morning.:D
Also good to see everybody in the scorebook. Krista Sanchez even in double figures. Good night all around.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/9/2006, 03:52 PM
think of how good they'll be in 4 years... with Olajowan
And, apparently, Jenna Plumley of Frontier. One of the coaches in our area, who may have to face her team in the playoff round, was raving about her and talking about her outside game. There's also a piece on the Coachesaid.com website about her and how she could dominate at OU.
All fine and good but I'm cautiously optimistic about that. I remember the last Oklahoma small-school standout that was supposed to make it big at OU, Howe's Stephanie McGhee, who left the school just a few games into her freshman season and is now playing at Carl Albert State College in Poteau. I'm just waiting to see how Plumley can cut it against the Big XII's elite before we anoint her just yet.

NormanPride
2/9/2006, 04:09 PM
McGhee was a headcase, and couldn't take college coaching. Hopefully this girl will be able to handle a little yelling. ;)

AllAboutThe'O'
2/9/2006, 04:16 PM
McGhee was a headcase, and couldn't take college coaching. Hopefully this girl will be able to handle a little yelling. ;)
I've also heard that McGhee was a little homesick, which can happen with players from small towns trying to fit in at a big-time university.

soonerbred
2/9/2006, 05:09 PM
I'm pretty excited about our signee - Amanda Thompson - from Whitney Young Highschool in Chicago.

A little news from the Chicago Tribune:

Young's girls basketball team completed an unbeaten regular season Wednesday—at least against teams from Illinois.

The No. 4 Dolphins, led by Kristen Harper's 20 points and Amanda Thompson's 18 rebounds, came up with a decisive 60-43 victory over visiting Benet. That gave Young a 23-2 record, with the losses coming against South Bend St. Joseph and St. Louis St. Joseph.

"That's a great accomplishment," said Thompson, who added 14 points and three steals. "Everybody on our team did a real good job. We worked for it and deserved it a lot, but we've got to keep working to get Downstate."

That's the upcoming task for the Public League champions, who start play next week in the Class AA tournament.

Young's three-point shooting helped the Dolphins break this game open. Harper, a transfer from Fenwick who has averaged 20.5 points in the Dolphins' last four games, hit one of her four three-pointers to give the team a 21-19 lead and start a 14-0 run.

No. 8 Benet (22-6) trailed 34-23 at the half but used a 9-0 run to open the third quarter. Again, it was Harper who got things rolling for Young with a two-point basket.

Young's D'Frantz Smart hit four three-pointers for 12 points. Benet was led by Molly McGue's 17 points and seven rebounds. Kaitlin McInerney scored 12.