PDA

View Full Version : The Grammys

Sooner_Bob
2/8/2006, 08:14 PM
The end is near.

Kelly Clarkson just beat Bonnie Raitt and Sheryl Crowe (among others) for a grammy.

walkoffsooner
2/8/2006, 08:28 PM
Look for Mariah Carey to win 5 maybe 6.

Octavian
2/8/2006, 08:29 PM
Did yo see Gwen Stefani's arms? :(

How much has she gained?

proud gonzo
2/8/2006, 08:29 PM
...people actually watch the Grammy's? :confused:

Sooner_Bob
2/8/2006, 08:33 PM
Just the first couple of minutes. :D

IronSooner
2/8/2006, 08:35 PM
The end is near.

Kelly Clarkson just beat Bonnie Raitt and Sheryl Crowe (among others) for a grammy.

It's just as well. I can't stand Sheryl Crowe and the 5 sec they spent showing her almost made me throw up in my mouth.

Al Gore
2/8/2006, 08:35 PM
I'm watching KU/NU basketball.....

picasso
2/8/2006, 11:43 PM
The end is near.

what's your point? she can sing those 2 under the table.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/8/2006, 11:44 PM
Did yo see Gwen Stefani's arms? :(

How much has she gained?
Hey baby, hey baby, hey. . .Gwen has a bun in the oven.

BeetDigger
2/8/2006, 11:47 PM
I remember the day when I knew many of the songs and artists that were up for Grammys. I have really gotten old in the past 5 years.

salth2o
2/9/2006, 01:26 AM
Award shows succ . I really could give a rats a$$ what a certain "celeb" wears or wins. They are just regular people like the rest of us...for the most part.

okienole3
2/9/2006, 01:28 AM
I remember the day when I knew many of the songs and artists that were up for Grammys. I have really gotten old in the past 5 years.

No, music just sucks now.

Jimminy Crimson
2/9/2006, 01:35 AM
Kelly is now single, for those that are interested.

I dumped her arse! ;)

yermom
2/9/2006, 04:06 AM
Kelly is now single, for those that are interested.

I dumped her arse! ;)

is it cool if i call her, man?

yermom
2/9/2006, 09:08 AM
i hadn't been following the Grammys at all, Robert Plant had a lot of nominations, and the White Stripes won Alternative Album of the Year

w00t

mrowl
2/9/2006, 09:11 AM
I can't believe how good Madonna still looks...

Mjcpr
2/9/2006, 09:12 AM

All this time, I had no idea she was British.

:rolleyes:

Pieces Hit
2/9/2006, 09:27 AM
Carrie Underwood was robbed I tell you.
All others pale in comparison.
The sun asks her permission to rise each day.
I stand in line to view her toenail clippings.

C&CDean
2/9/2006, 09:30 AM

I flipped by there once and saw her in some ridiculous garb dancing with a bunch of fags. And she looks good - if you're into infectious scabs that ooze gobs of pus. She is the epitome of nasty.

Pieces Hit
2/9/2006, 09:35 AM
I flipped by there once and saw her in some ridiculous garb dancing with a bunch of fags. And she looks good - if you're into infectious scabs that ooze gobs of pus. She is the epitome of nasty.Flipped by... Right... More like - watched it 4 times on Tivo.
:texan:

yermom
2/9/2006, 09:38 AM
What's a TiVo?

crawfish
2/9/2006, 09:38 AM
That sound more painful to watch than OU basketball on offense...

critical_phil
2/9/2006, 09:44 AM
i caught about 1 minute of the show during a time out. paul mccartney was performing helter skelter.

it was bloody awful.

BeetDigger
2/9/2006, 09:51 AM

I don't think she is completely British yet. She is only partly through the conversion process. In another year, she will have ruddy teeth and be hanging out with soccer hooligans.

Sooner_Bob
2/9/2006, 09:52 AM
what's your point? she can sing those 2 under the table. You're dead to me.

Mjcpr
2/9/2006, 09:53 AM
She's had the accent for years now.

Pieces Hit
2/9/2006, 09:57 AM
A result of eating all that spotted dick.

Soonrboy
2/9/2006, 10:19 AM
http://hosted.ap.org/photos/L/LAS20202090139-big.jpg

I'll be your Superman.

Herr Scholz
2/9/2006, 10:20 AM
I flipped by there once and saw her in some ridiculous garb dancing with a bunch of fags. And she looks good - if you're into infectious scabs that ooze gobs of pus. She is the epitome of nasty.
50-year old women should NOT wear camel-toed jazzercise outfits. And what's with that fake Farrah Fawcett feathered hair? She looked like a tranny drag queen from the neck up.

mrowl
2/9/2006, 10:35 AM

but in a few years when she gets married to that russian guy, she will be russian.

GDC
2/9/2006, 10:37 AM
I said eff the grammys when "YYZ" lost for best instrumental.

handcrafted
2/9/2006, 10:49 AM
I said eff the grammys when "YYZ" lost for best instrumental.

Werd.

The Junos know what it's all about, man. :D

picasso
2/9/2006, 10:52 AM
You're dead to me.
are you denying her talent? becasue the girl can sing. and on a better level than Crowe or that jaded old hag Bonnie what's her name.

yermom
2/9/2006, 10:55 AM
i haven't been that impressed with Sheryl Crow's latest stuff, i didn't even know Bonnie Raitt had a new album out... she's not bad

i really like Kelly Clarkson though, i didn't want to, but i do

Sooner_Bob
2/9/2006, 10:59 AM
are you denying her talent? becasue the girl can sing. and on a better level than Crowe or that jaded old hag Bonnie what's her name.

I know Kelly can sing . . . but back in the day Bonnie was hard to beat. I'm just glad Gwen Stefani didn't win it.

:D

handcrafted
2/9/2006, 11:00 AM
I did not watch the Grammys. I watched the Hornets and the OU game. Actually, I listened to the first three quarters of the Hornets game whilst scrubbing the toilets in my house and other such cleaning duties. Which were much preferable to watching the Grammys.

I mean, I like U2 and all, but dadgum, do they have to win everything every year? And looking at the nominees for the various categories, it was just yadda yadda more of the same. The recording academy has this list of like 20 artists that they just nominate over and over again. Neil Young puts out an album, nominated. Springsteen puts out an album, nominated. Only reason Metallica didn't get nominated is they didn't put a record out. Green Day is their pet rock band. Anything with Bob Dylan's name on it, nominated (although I did see that Scorcese documentary on him and it was quite good).

Paul McCartney puts an album out, nominated. Eric Clapton. Robert Plant. Foo Fighters. Black Eyed Peas. Same crap over and over again.

I've got stuff in my CD collection that blows away anything any of the above artists ever put out. But because these bands/artists chose to make music/art, and not suck up to the man, they get zilch. Music industry, bah.

It was nice to see that Les Paul got some love, though.

Sooner_Bob
2/9/2006, 11:01 AM
i really like Kelly Clarkson though, i didn't want to, but i do

Same here . . . just don't tell picasso.

handcrafted
2/9/2006, 11:05 AM
Kelly C.'s got it goin on. At least AI has given us her and Carrie.

I like how, apparently, Kelly C. did not even mention AI during her acceptance speech. :D