PDA

View Full Version : Is the Kelvin bashing session.......

soonervegas
2/8/2006, 06:34 PM
still at 9:05 pm tonight?

Thanks in advance.

GottaHavePride
2/8/2006, 06:48 PM
It's tentatively scheduled. It may have to be canceled due to unforeseen circumstances. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/8/2006, 07:02 PM
If OU cracks 100 then it will be cancelled ;) In other words....see you at 9 05

william_brasky
2/8/2006, 07:21 PM
I'm gearing up for it.

I've got some new material I'd like to try out. ;)

oumartin
2/8/2006, 07:37 PM
I'm still trying to figure out who's been Kelvin Bashing.

Nobody here hates Kelvin that I know of. Some don't agree with his coaching but thats all.

OKC-SLC
2/8/2006, 07:41 PM
it will officially begin with 5 minutes left in the game--when we stop scoring.

oumartin
2/8/2006, 07:42 PM
it will officially begin with 10 minutes left in the game--when we stop scoring

fixed ;)

william_brasky
2/8/2006, 07:42 PM
I agree.

Not once have I called for his job or questioned him as a human being.

Hopefully we can get out of Poke-ville with a W tonight, and there won't be any opportunity to bash.

RacerX
2/8/2006, 08:26 PM
I'm hoping OU is hot from 3 and destroys the PUKES.

GDC
2/8/2006, 08:56 PM
It's awesomely ironic that some of the same posters who worry so much about me being mean to the poor little whorns that post here have no problem with bashing our own coaches, players, and other Sooner fans when we lose a game.

Sooner24
2/8/2006, 11:57 PM
It's awesomely ironic that some of the same posters who worry so much about me being mean to the poor little whorns that post here have no problem with bashing our own coaches, players, and other Sooner fans when we lose a game.

I think I liked it better when you were in time out. :rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
2/9/2006, 12:06 AM
I think I liked it better when you were in time out. :rolleyes:noob :rolleyes:

Ardmore_Sooner
2/9/2006, 01:32 AM
You got six days of membership on him BRR, but I guess you have nearly 4000 more posts.

GDC
2/9/2006, 08:45 AM
I think I liked it better when you were in time out. :rolleyes:

Excepting your avatar, I liked it better when you didn't post here.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/9/2006, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by OKC-SLC
it will begrudginly be postponed when OSU goes 11 minutes without a field goal

Fixed

colleyvillesooner
2/9/2006, 10:10 AM

and that folks, is how you re-direct a thread about basketball, to you. :D

GDC
2/9/2006, 10:31 AM
and that folks, is how you re-direct a thread about basketball, to you. :D

Okay, allow me to rephrase.

It's awesomely ironic that some of the same posters who worry so much about any Sooner fan being mean to the poor little whorns that post here have no problem with bashing our own coaches, players, and even other Sooner fans when we lose a game.

The point being the basketball forum would have been as bad, or worse, than it was after Sunday's game, if OU had lost to OSU last night. Some of you are just a bit too fixated on the psychology of my posts, and you scare me.

colleyvillesooner
2/9/2006, 10:44 AM

It's awesomely ironic that some of the same posters who worry so much about any Sooner fan being mean to the poor little whorns that post here have no problem with bashing our own coaches, players, and even other Sooner fans when we lose a game.

The point being the basketball forum would have been as bad, or worse, than it was after Sunday's game, if OU had lost to OSU last night. Some of you are just a bit too fixated on the psychology of my posts, and you scare me.

That's better :D

the_ouskull
2/9/2006, 01:40 PM
GDC is right though... being critical of decisions, etc... is one thing, but just outright bashing a team, a coach, etc... is another thing entirely. We're O freaking U, and frankly, enough other teams LOATHE us that we shouldn't waste the time, or energy, on doing their job of hating us for them. Ya know? I don't always agree with Kelvin's decisions as a coach... (Namely his team's inability to get the ball into the post consistantly, his backcourt players inability to cut through the basket zone without the ball, and the "droughts" that have been beaten like Tech's old horse.) But, at the same time, he is the winningest coach in Big 12 history, has been OU's coach for over a decade now, and he's done nothing but win while he was here... The worst season he's had was the direct result of there being 7 scholarship players on the roster, and most of those players wound up leaving our school.

Frankly, if people can't hack playing for him, they NEED to move on. I'm certain he's not an easy coach to play for, but there hasn't been a player come through here that knows more about the game than Kelvin, nor will there ever be. There's a reason that he's constantly being asked to coach the Team USA teams, etc... It's not because he CAN'T coach...

To lose him would be death to this program. Period. ...and, given the way that some of our "fans" act towards him, it would be death, but honestly, it would not be a suprise.

the_ouskull

Sooner24
2/9/2006, 01:42 PM

You are so fixated on the Longhorns and the State of Texas you should be scared of yourself. :eek:

GDC
2/9/2006, 03:27 PM
You are so fixated on the Longhorns and the State of Texas you should be scared of yourself. :eek:

I am.

stoopified
2/9/2006, 03:47 PM
GDC is right though... being critical of decisions, etc... is one thing, but just outright bashing a team, a coach, etc... is another thing entirely. We're O freaking U, and frankly, enough other teams LOATHE us that we shouldn't waste the time, or energy, on doing their job of hating us for them. Ya know? I don't always agree with Kelvin's decisions as a coach... (Namely his team's inability to get the ball into the post consistantly, his backcourt players inability to cut through the basket zone without the ball, and the "droughts" that have been beaten like Tech's old horse.) But, at the same time, he is the winningest coach in Big 12 history, has been OU's coach for over a decade now, and he's done nothing but win while he was here... The worst season he's had was the direct result of there being 7 scholarship players on the roster, and most of those players wound up leaving our school.

Frankly, if people can't hack playing for him, they NEED to move on. I'm certain he's not an easy coach to play for, but there hasn't been a player come through here that knows more about the game than Kelvin, nor will there ever be. There's a reason that he's constantly being asked to coach the Team USA teams, etc... It's not because he CAN'T coach...
Very true Skull.I would add that I have asked on at least three occasions about who would replace Sampson if he left.There have been no answers,because there are NO proven coaches who would come here who could do better than KS has done.

To lose him would be death to this program. Period. ...and, given the way that some of our "fans" act towards him, it would be death, but honestly, it would not be a suprise.

the_ouskullI personally fear the day the KS era ends because I don't see a Pitino,Tubby Smith,Roy Williams or Rick Barnes running to Norman for our B-ball job.

Jeopardude
2/9/2006, 04:17 PM
On a tangent here, what AD hired Kelvin?

That was one of the best hires ever, especially following the unique beautiful phenomenon of Billy Ball.

CtheB
2/9/2006, 04:23 PM
I believe that Kelvin was hired by Donnie Duncan.

oumartin
2/9/2006, 04:31 PM
yip, I believe you are right. Double D, Right before *************** and a year or so before John Blake.

NormanPride
2/9/2006, 05:21 PM
Even a blind squirrel...

Sooner24
2/9/2006, 07:41 PM
I am.

:D